Gesundheit2

Flat Earth theory censorship

30 posts in this topic

There may be a broader issue around why some people are so passionate about believing in paranoid conspiracy theories to do with global elites, evil govts, alien reptiles etc. It could be serving a psychological inferiority complex about why we are so exploited and downtrodden by the rich. Or maybe passing the buck of responsibility for why the world is in such a mess onto some invisible elite. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

18 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Like if someone believes in the flat earth they're going to fall off the edge of the earth or something?

?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

On 13/07/2021 at 1:06 PM, Blackhawk said:

It should also be illegal to spread such bullshit. Throw them in jail.

The whole point of avoiding conspiracy theories is to prevent FUD on government. If you throw people in jail for opinions, it will just worsen the problem and prove the bigotry. 

People who don't believe in conspiracy theories are just as bad as people who do.

It's not about believing or not believing, but rather observing and understanding the perspective. The point is not to 'log-in' one way or the other. There's a mid-range IQ band where conformity is at its highest and intellectual sovereignty is at its lowest.

You cannot defeat the Cartesian evil demon holding such views.

@cookiemonster

On 15/07/2021 at 3:34 AM, cookiemonster said:

People who don't believe in conspiracy theories are just as bad as people who do.

It's not about believing or not believing, but rather observing and understanding the perspective. The point is not to 'log-in' one way or the other. There's a mid-range IQ band where conformity is at its highest and intellectual sovereignty is at its lowest.

You cannot defeat the Cartesian evil demon holding such views.

Which is why it's important to be able to entertain those conspiracy theories through contemplation, and also be able to detach from them like an after thought.

The problem with the flat earth theory is that the experiments always fall flat. And maybe that's why they believe in the flatness to begin with

The Book of Not Knowing,

Chapter 2: Moving Beyond Belief

Subsection: Creating a New Perspective

There, Ralston uses flat vs round earth as an example of belief. Looking at what you yourself know to be the case. He has a guided exercise there. 

Get that in this moment, you don't know what shape the earth is. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

7 minutes ago, lmfao said:

The Book of Not Knowing,

Chapter 2: Moving Beyond Belief

Subsection: Creating a New Perspective

There, Ralston uses flat vs round earth as an example of belief. Looking at what you yourself know to be the case. He has a guided exercise there. 

Yeah, man. I can see that.

However, in which moment exactly could I ever know? lol

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

3 minutes ago, modmyth said:

@Preety_India eject him into space? xD

xDxDxD hahahaha. Exactly. Same thought.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, lmfao said:

In this moment, you don't know if Santa Clause and his little helpers are preparing your christmas presents. Maybe they really are, who knows for sure? Are you seeing the overlapping issues here?