Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eliasvelez

Psychedelic anxiety

13 posts in this topic

Hello

I had last september and october 4 Trips, 1st. 2.3 g shrooms, 2nd. 100ug LSD, 3d. 0.8 g shrooms and  4th. 5 g Shroms. The last trip was very intense for me and like 60% of the time really existential frightening.  

In 2 days I want to take 100 ug of LSD with the intention to contemplate about what I want to do of my life aka life purpose and also by the way diminish this fear of psychedelics. The thing is, I feel fear with the thought of taking psychedelics again, a lot of this fear comes from the experience wirth the 5 g shrooms. 

My question now is, can you give me an advice for reducing this anxiety?

And do you think that one should only take Psychedelica when one is really comfortable for it, or is it okay to have some awe/anxiety?

greetings

Edited by eliasvelez

The thing is, I feel fear with the thought of taking psychedelics again, a lot of this fear comes from the experience wirth the 5 g shrooms. 

Yeah, no shit. 5g is way too much.

The solution is simple: stop taking such large doses.

My question now is, can you give me an advice for reducing this anxiety?

Reduce dose to 1g.

2g max in the future.

And do you think that one should only take Psychedelica when one is really comfortable for it, or is it okay to have some awe/anxiety?

Anxiety after a 5g trip is normal and even healthy. It's an important lesson that you still haven't learned: respect the substance and lower your dose.

No matter how much you trip, there will always be a dose at which the substance skull-fucks you into madness. Just stay away from such doses.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura but the higher the dose, the more likely unresolved traumas can be released. The higher the dose, the more truth you can get (for normal persons). High doses have advantages, you know that too.

Maybe that is the trade off, anxiety for wisdom. As long as you do not get traumatize this is a reasonable way. McKenna also recommended to take high doses so that your ego cannot fight against the experience, it will take over you nevertheless. 

I know you will prevent that in this forum more people go crazy and blame you for it. So you give safety advices. But I am free of this so I will recommend to stick with high doses as long as you don't make big jumps from the last dosage.

5 minutes ago, OBEler said:

High doses have advantages, you know that too.

Only up to the point where you can handle it.

If your trips are giving you so much anxiety that you are afraid to trip again, you are actually retarding your own growth.

That is like giving a 1st grader a trigonometry problem to solve. It will not help him learn math, it will just make him so frustrated he hates math so much he never does it again.

100ug of LSD is not a lot and shouldn't be overwhelming.

Definetely do not push yourself if you are feeling very anxious before tripping.

It took me dozens of very small doses of psychedelics before I felt comfortable to have a full trip again after my last uncomfortable/traumatic trip.

Just take small enough where you feel comfortable and go little by little upping the dose

100ug of LSD is about 1g to 1.5g of mushrooms.

@Javfly33 As McKenna said, if you dont get anxious before tripping your dose is not high enough

1 minute ago, OBEler said:

@Javfly33 As McKenna said, if you dont get anxious before tripping your dose is not high enough

I do get anxious. But is more of an excitement mild fear anxiety of "lets do it, fuck it". It's not the "I'm so fucked, I can't do this" imparing anxiety.

But again, if you have the latter kind of anxiety, you just won't take anything. The mind isn't stupid. 

There should be enough pre-trip anxiety which shows a healthy respect for the substance. But it should not be uncontrollable fear that grips your mind. Just some mild hesitation due to your recognition of the seriousness of this work.

Overall your mood should be, "I'm read. Let's do this."

If you don't feel ready, you're not ready, so don't trip.

okay, thanks for the advices and inputs :) 

Btw, I didnt took the 5 g  light and knew that if it would get bad, it would get really bad but I wantet to have a reference experience of a big dose of psychedelics no matter what. For the 5g trip I prepared me like in the 2 weeks before and oriented me on mckenna who said you should rather take too much than too little (I know, you should take these advices with a grain of salt). I had much fear before taking the 5g but because I had made up my mind to do it no mather what, I did it. And yes in retrospective it wasnt the wisest decision. (but I also had some really beautiful experiences and great insights). And yes, it will take some time before I will take again such a dose

I decided that I gonna trip but also look how I feel on wednesday and make the absolut decision then. Again, thanks for all inputs!

Edited by eliasvelez

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

100ug of LSD is about 1g to 1.5g of mushrooms.

It's all relative. 100 ug is more like 2 grams mushrooms for me.