Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machiavelli

why all major world religions think god look like human having hands and legs.

38 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If triangles had a God he would have 3 sides.

Ego sees the world according to itself.

@Leo Gura Leo we need you to make a video on religion describing the trap on how it makes them stuck in illusion of some man made gods. 

How can people liberate themselves when they think that the god they pray daily using idols is created by man? 

They get offended when we say something about their religion.

You need to make it clear how to identify religious dogma from real GOD which is infinite and formless.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:27 AM, machiavelli said:

Why all major religions like chritianity , hinduism , Shinto, Greek Mythology etc thinks god looks like human and must be worshipped using idols. Why they form cult and spread the delusion of some sky being with their stories in their scriptures how they are involved in all sort of questionable things.

what about aliens?

why dont they make god look like alien.

They all act like they figured out the ultimate mystery of god. 

Why they want to limit God which is infinite, formless, omniscient, omnipotent and all knowing to a supernatural being who have hands and legs. What about trillions of other extraterristial alien civilizations spread across different universes whose shape is completely unimaginable by humans. Are they not god?

Why humans have tendency to make hundreds of gods to worship using images and idols . 

For me god is everything. God is even animals and birds.

why the religion like greek , hinduism , shinto etc etc advacate the belief to worship god in human form? 

Lack of creativity and closed-mindedness.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If triangles had a God he would have 3 sides.

Feuerbach

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@machiavelliThe whole point of asking what does God look like ignores the point whether there is such a thing(looking like a human or otherwise).

You choose to assume there is a God because you assume the religions are fully right.

I ask, Have you heard about LEO? The latest God in town. Leo controls every frickin thing in the universe. Leo is omnipotent, omniscient, omniwhatever. Leo makes every man and woman wet. Leo is all powerful, pervading, origin of the universe, killer of the evil, upholder of the virtues, master of humans, freedom bringer, the prophet, a spiritual missile penetrating everybody's heart, the great sacrifice. the reincarnation, the caliph, the light bringer, the king of kings......................

but do you know what Leo actually is? All the things above are words. You don't know what Leo actually is.

7 hours ago, machiavelli said:

You need to make it clear how to identify religious dogma from real GOD which is infinite and formless.

Leo has plenty of videos on that.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@FoolsGold I am not speaking on what I think and believe . Its what billions of polytheist believe into and worship idols .

If someone worships some mythological figure then will they ever know the Absolute Truth.

I wonder why, too.

In Islam, he's also very tough and masculine, i.e. king figure, although asexual.

In Christianity, he's male, i.e. father figure.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

In my opinion, I tend to believe 'God' was represented humanoid to make the religon more relatable to the masses. Organized religon is driven by accumulating clout by 'putting asses every 6 inches'. A sellabe story, if you will. It was a stronger sell vs worshiping rocks, clouds, or whatever the 'religious flavor' was in the region. Specific idols, trinkets, ect, once again in my opinion, were an outward way of identifying who was 'in the club', much like circumcision in the Judeo-Christian tradition.

Disclaimer: I'm a fallen Catholic. I don't know enough about other religions to speak of their practices. On the surface, my observations seem to hold a common thread.

I am that I AM

<quote> If someone worships some mythological figure then will they ever know the Absolute Truth. </quote>

@machiavelli If he/she really worships them thinking of them as god(s), then no, they will not know the underlying realities.

If it's just a mere practice, like some east Asian masters did with buddha, making an idol of him to embody what he tried to teach. If they make an idol and use it as a signpost for themselves and others, it's less of a problem. The scent-sticks and the fire and the bells and the good food are for YOU, not for a stone. 

But it rarely happens. Even in West and Middle east, all house of worships are made to propagate dogmas. You don't find peace in churches, mosques, temples, synagogues. Only fear that if you don't do what the God advised, you are in big trouble. In east asia, it's less predominant, but it's not pure either.

Let me tell you a secret.

Out of all the major/minor religions, only a few  have reached the end of spirituality. The list goes like :

-Gautam Buddha

-Some unknown sages from the late Vedic period.

-Some east Asian Zen/Buddhist masters like Bodhidharma, Jianzhi Sengcan etc.

-Lao Tzu

What is common in all of them?

All of them were Godless Atheists lmao. In some cases, ignorant people attached god and concept of a god with their teachings.

You might say that there is a lot of truth in Bible, Quran, Torah, Gita, Scriptures etc. Except there isn't. Not to say they are completely false, but they haven't reached the end. Half Knowledge.

Edited by FoolsGold

4 hours ago, FoolsGold said:

<quote> If someone worships some mythological figure then will they ever know the Absolute Truth. </quote>

@machiavelli If he/she really worships them thinking of them as god(s), then no, they will not know the underlying realities.

If it's just a mere practice, like some east Asian masters did with buddha, making an idol of him to embody what he tried to teach. If they make an idol and use it as a signpost for themselves and others, it's less of a problem. The scent-sticks and the fire and the bells and the good food are for YOU, not for a stone. 

But it rarely happens. Even in West and Middle east, all house of worships are made to propagate dogmas. You don't find peace in churches, mosques, temples, synagogues. Only fear that if you don't do what the God advised, you are in big trouble. In east asia, it's less predominant, but it's not pure either.

Let me tell you a secret.

Out of all the major/minor religions, only a few  have reached the end of spirituality. The list goes like :

-Gautam Buddha

-Some unknown sages from the late Vedic period.

-Some east Asian Zen/Buddhist masters like Bodhidharma, Jianzhi Sengcan etc.

-Lao Tzu

What is common in all of them?

All of them were Godless Atheists lmao. In some cases, ignorant people attached god and concept of a god with their teachings.

You might say that there is a lot of truth in Bible, Quran, Torah, Gita, Scriptures etc. Except there isn't. Not to say they are completely false, but they haven't reached the end. Half Knowledge.

@FoolsGold  @Gesundheit2 We have bhagwat gita and its potrays Krishna as supreme God who created everything. We also have verses which says surrender in me you will achieve moksha or liberation. 

I am mountain , I am everything,

This reality is created by me. And all castes are created by me.

Now Indians rever Gita with great respect and blindly follow it. But I found it completely delusional. It potrays Krishna as some sky being having magical powers who created this universe and is only true god.

ISKCON propagate this nonsense now all over the world . Even in america they started deluding people.

People act like GITA is ultimate truth and is solution to every human problem.

But in my opinion it only confuses the already deluded masses who worship idol of him.

People will say all sorts of things like how good is idol worship and if you ask any hindu why he is doing so. He will reply " We dont worship idol ; we worship remainder of god in idol ". Like man seriously?? Why dont you worship stones, wood, trees, etc etc if god resides in everything. 

Why to delude already confused people to buy into some mythical god who should be worshiped using idol and will bestow blessings upon you. 

13 hours ago, FoolsGold said:

@machiavelliThe whole point of asking what does God look like ignores the point whether there is such a thing(looking like a human or otherwise).

You choose to assume there is a God because you assume the religions are fully right.

I ask, Have you heard about LEO? The latest God in town. Leo controls every frickin thing in the universe. Leo is omnipotent, omniscient, omniwhatever. Leo makes every man and woman wet. Leo is all powerful, pervading, origin of the universe, killer of the evil, upholder of the virtues, master of humans, freedom bringer, the prophet, a spiritual missile penetrating everybody's heart, the great sacrifice. the reincarnation, the caliph, the light bringer, the king of kings......................

but do you know what Leo actually is? All the things above are words. You don't know what Leo actually is.

Banned

Do not make this work about me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@machiavelli

There’s the ‘God of the gaps’ theory. That people use God as a gap filler for what they don’t understand. There’s also the theory it started with worshipping the sun. There’s the one that religion was invented to control the masses. Also a lot of people have faith, and or heavy cultural conditioning and don’t give it a second thought. Are people believing in a God, or  God be lieving in people?   We’ll never know. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You will never figure out what God is through language.  The mind just endlessly spins.  Worship and rituals are actions which communicate through feelings.  Zen goes beyond both.  The religions aren’t as dump as the modernists think they are.  They have been around thousands of years for a reason.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

9 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

@machiavelli Do you even know what God is?

God is infinite Love ; 

God is nothingness;

God is consciousness;

God is omnipotent, omniscient, infinitely intelligent ;

God is .

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

@machiavelli

There’s the ‘God of the gaps’ theory. That people use God as a gap filler for what they don’t understand. There’s also the theory it started with worshipping the sun. There’s the one that religion was invented to control the masses. Also a lot of people have faith, and or heavy cultural conditioning and don’t give it a second thought. Are people believing in a God, or  God be lieving in people?   We’ll never know. 

Yes , in hinduism too it started with worshipping sun, thunder, planets, air, fire , wind etc in the form of persons during vedic period (5000 year ago).

There was yājna (fire rituals) which used to happen to please gods to bring rains , good yield of crops etc

Then after decline of vedic period new gods got introduced . And their stories in scriptures how they lived on earth doing all sort of things like engaging in fights, chopping heads of another god , monkeys flying , shapeshifting monkeys, time stopping, teleportation , people getting born from fish , river or fire , fights between gods and anti gods ( asuras or demons) etc etc.

This lead to worshipping of gods using idols which is happening till this date.

5 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

You will never figure out what God is through language.  The mind just endlessly spins.  Worship and rituals are actions which communicate through feelings.  Zen goes beyond both.  The religions aren’t as dump as the modernists think they are.  They have been around thousands of years for a reason.

Do you think it is right to give form to something which is inconcievable and is nothingness?

And that too human form?

8 hours ago, machiavelli said:

Do you think it is right to give form to something which is inconcievable and is nothingness?

And that too human form?

If the faith leads to liberation, yes.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.