Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Craigxt22

Mixing mushrooms with supplements. Safety question.

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I am hoping to try a few months microdosing magic mushrooms, and supplementing along side with L-Theanine, CBD oil and lions mane mushroom. Is this concoction safe? As far as I am aware it is, just wanted to check with you guys.

 

My monkey mind is causing me a lot of suffering, which is why I am doing this. Microdosing is one of the only things I haven't yet tried for anxiety.

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be fine.

Although on the day of your dose I would start off by not taking any other supplements. You want to test with single variables.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Craigxt22 said:

L-Theanine

Only concern is with this. I'm assuming you're already familiar with it. It gave me more anxiety as well as heart issues. But if your body does ok with it you should be fine!


"You Create Magic" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done this stack before minus the L-Theanine. I doubt it would cause anything negative.

Have you done each one by itself before? Just to test that they all don't have any negative side effects for your body on their own?


The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is super individual and depends largely on your detoxification capacity and microbiome health. Naturally, those things would not be an issue but if megadosed (e.g. Erinaceum extract or L-theanine extract or large amounts of CBD) potential interaction on the site of different liver enzymes could be an issue (but may not). Certain substances even in "natural medicine" (for example CBD Oil & curcumin) get cleaved of by the same family of liver enzymes and so there is competitive detoxification. To what degree this is relevant, I have no idea. It is VERY relevant when people are on medication thou as this is how drugs can cause problems by not being eliminated from the system because something else is interfering with the meds detoxification pathway. If you are medication-free this should be less of a problem but keep an eye on any new symptoms of potential detoxification bottleneck (migraines, nervousness, nausea, vomiting, drop in blood pressure, suddenly becoming super sensitive to things and just getting sick from food)

I assume short term you'll be fine but I'd suggest starting with one of those things and for every other day you feel fine, add one more thing. Probably wouldn't go guns blazing with all of them in one go

But hey, it's your choice totally and most likely you'll be alright with them. 


MY WEBSITE  I'm a certified nutritionist & health coach. I help men who struggle with chronic health problems, to remember what happy & healthy feels like. 

HEALTH E-BOOKS - learn how to boost your mental performance, energy and health (free download) 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Should be fine.

Although on the day of your dose I would start off by not taking any other supplements. You want to test with single variables.

Cool, yes that was what I was actually planning to do.

 

20 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Only concern is with this. I'm assuming you're already familiar with it. It gave me more anxiety as well as heart issues. But if your body does ok with it you should be fine!

I've tried a lot of supplements and found L-Theanine works for me, especially for sleep, I go into very deep sleep if I take around 500mg before bed. It makes my resting heart rate drop by around 5bpm, which I think is nothing to worry about, maybe even a good thing.

 

10 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

I have done this stack before minus the L-Theanine. I doubt it would cause anything negative.

Have you done each one by itself before? Just to test that they all don't have any negative side effects for your body on their own?

I've tried all of them except lions mane, I'll have to spend a few days with that by itself to make sure I am ok.

 

Anyway, thank you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

This is super individual and depends largely on your detoxification capacity and microbiome health. Naturally, those things would not be an issue but if megadosed (e.g. Erinaceum extract or L-theanine extract or large amounts of CBD) potential interaction on the site of different liver enzymes could be an issue (but may not). Certain substances even in "natural medicine" (for example CBD Oil & curcumin) get cleaved of by the same family of liver enzymes and so there is competitive detoxification. To what degree this is relevant, I have no idea. It is VERY relevant when people are on medication thou as this is how drugs can cause problems by not being eliminated from the system because something else is interfering with the meds detoxification pathway. If you are medication-free this should be less of a problem but keep an eye on any new symptoms of potential detoxification bottleneck (migraines, nervousness, nausea, vomiting, drop in blood pressure, suddenly becoming super sensitive to things and just getting sick from food)

I assume short term you'll be fine but I'd suggest starting with one of those things and for every other day you feel fine, add one more thing. Probably wouldn't go guns blazing with all of them in one go

But hey, it's your choice totally and most likely you'll be alright with them. 

 

I'm not on any medication, although I've just been Covid vaccinated, so probably best to wait a few weeks for that to settle. I guess I'll keep the supplement doses low, and build up taking each supplement on alternative days.

 

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Craigxt22 said:

L-Theanine

This one is best to cycle in my opinion. The effects wear down too quickly if I use it often. I go for about once a week. I do a bit larger of a dose and focus it towards a long mediation session. You might find it different for yourself though. 

As for it's effect with others I don't know. I have personally considered it before tripping due to the fact it relaxes you and puts you in a meditative state easily. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Craigxt22 said:

Hi, I am hoping to try a few months microdosing magic mushrooms, and supplementing along side with L-Theanine, CBD oil and lions mane mushroom. Is this concoction safe? As far as I am aware it is, just wanted to check with you guys.

 

My monkey mind is causing me a lot of suffering, which is why I am doing this. Microdosing is one of the only things I haven't yet tried for anxiety.

 

Thank you.

Yeah Craig, you are a scientist in the making. Perhaps try to intake shrooms first then try to add one, then the other, and then the other. Then take note of what it does. Then you can learn something from what you have observed and written down. Science! Shrooms is always a lot of fun, because you learn so much about reality, and the room always starts morphing, and If you look in the mirror, you look like a vicious beast, or at least I did. Looking at yourself while on shrooms is gnarly to say the least. 

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Average Investor said:

This one is best to cycle in my opinion. The effects wear down too quickly if I use it often. I go for about once a week. I do a bit larger of a dose and focus it towards a long mediation session. You might find it different for yourself though. 

As for it's effect with others I don't know. I have personally considered it before tripping due to the fact it relaxes you and puts you in a meditative state easily. 

Shall bear that in mind. Now I think back, I can remember building tolerance to it when using it daily for a few weeks.

 

1 hour ago, diamondpenguin said:

Yeah Craig, you are a scientist in the making. Perhaps try to intake shrooms first then try to add one, then the other, and then the other. Then take note of what it does. Then you can learn something from what you have observed and written down. Science! Shrooms is always a lot of fun, because you learn so much about reality, and the room always starts morphing, and If you look in the mirror, you look like a vicious beast, or at least I did. Looking at yourself while on shrooms is gnarly to say the least. 

Haha, yep true. I have done shrooms before, just not for a prolonged period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Average Investor said:

This one is best to cycle in my opinion. The effects wear down too quickly if I use it often. I go for about once a week. I do a bit larger of a dose and focus it towards a long mediation session. You might find it different for yourself though. 

As for it's effect with others I don't know. I have personally considered it before tripping due to the fact it relaxes you and puts you in a meditative state easily. 

Definitely, I've been using it for over a year without many breaks and now instead of the desired effect it just makes me tired...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0