habed345

Why does Leo believe in god

9 posts in this topic

For someone with such an open mind, how does he really believe there's a god if there's no actual god?

God is such a loaded word. Nevertheless, Leo repeatedly says that it's possible to realise that you're God. I would say that that bald statement alone requires a very open mind. It's very easy to dismiss a thing if you've never encountered it yourself: that's closed mindedness.

All stories and explanations are false.

There IS a God. God is an EXPERIENCE. To have it is to BE the actual God.

Leo does not BELIEVE in Him, but rather experiences Her.

Watch the episodes What Is God Part I and How Openmindedness Works for a better understanding.

Greg

Edited by Eternal Unity
God

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

I moved this and another one of your posts from Self-Actualization section to this section.

@habed345  The answer is simple really - when you contemplate the concept of 'god', you have a certain thing in mind, and that thing seems unbelievable to you.  When another person contemplates the concept of 'god', they have a different thing in mind, and that thing seems believable to them.  If the other person were to see the concept the same way you do, likely they wouldn't believe it either.  If you were to see the concept the way they do, you'd believe it.

If you took 1000 people and asked them what 'god' is and were able to peer inside their minds and see what they were actually thinking, you'd see 1000 different ways of understanding god.  In my experience a lot of atheists fall victim to their own misconceptions, like for example myself back a long time ago when I was an atheist, I was under the impression that when people spoke of 'god' they were referring to essentially a giant man who lives in another dimension and watches everything, nudging events here and there.  This sounded utterly fanciful to me, so I dismissed anyone who believed in 'god' as being a fool who believes in something silly.  Somehow it never occurred to me that what I thought they believed, wasn't what they actually believe.

God is just another term for absolute reality.   God is the point where all relativity comes to an end.  

12 hours ago, habed345 said:

For someone with such an open mind, how does he really believe there's a god if there's no actual god?

When you encounter the divine, God is an intuitive term. Like saying love when you feel love for a person.

It might not be a literal sky daddy God or any of this, but the term is what springs to mind when confronted with something of such intense power. I considered my own experiences of heavy DMT breakthroughs to have been religious experiences. Nonduality when realized is something very much divine.

Do you believe in the color red? 

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

God is not a belief.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.