herghly

Fasting for spiritual / health reasons mega thread?

33 posts in this topic

@Rohit Kuna It's called intermittent diet and yes it works. Ive been doing it for a few yrs now and feel great. 

@Rohit Kuna Yep, intermittent fasting is great. I fast 20 hours daily and have found huge benefits.

My eating window is 3pm-7pm.  I've found I have much more consistent stable energy throughout the day.

How do you do it? I feel hungry all the time. I wish I could just eat nothing for entire days.

My spiritual experiences as of recent are always together with a natural fast. My organism just stops desiring for food, but reality gets quite wonky and should be done if one knows how to ground themselves and the energies... Because one can really lose their mind on these trips 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

5 minutes ago, RMQualtrough said:

How do you do it? I feel hungry all the time. I wish I could just eat nothing for entire days.

I think just do as your body says, I have not tried fasting on purpose, it only happens by itself when the time is right. 

But it is also connected to being ready to die consciously... Because you would be afraid "how come im not eating, how am I surviving and have all this energy" sort of thing. And crazy things can happen that you dont know how are happening. I think food makes reality more real and less food makes reality more wonky. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

Your body eventually adapts to it, to the point where you feel physically full 24/7

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

7 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

After 3 days of fasting your body stops craving food, but yes the first 3 days can be hellish. Youd have to use willpower to get through.

@RMQualtrough It's taken me a while to get to the point of fasting for 18-20 hours daily. Start slow and build up. 

On 30/05/2021 at 2:18 PM, herghly said:

I’d appreciate if someone can recommend good books / resources on spiritual prolonged fasts. The next fast I do will be at least seven days 

Fasting: an Exceptional Human Experience

best one on fasting I've ever read

softly into the Abyss...

On 31/05/2021 at 2:08 AM, herghly said:

Fasting really is a super power. I don't know why more people don't do it

Fasting is the most powerful spiritual technique for me so far that raises my baseline consciousness. 

It's also so powerful because I have developed an extreme attachment to food since a very young age and had a food obsession my whole life. The stronger the attachment to something, the more extreme the spiritual experience when you let go of it.

When we fast we deny the 'objective reality', denying the survival mode of the ego. This brings up to a different, higher level of being. 

softly into the Abyss...

Last week I completed a 7 day fast and I was shocked how much better I feel. I’ve now switched to a keto diet with intermittent fasting.

53 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

Fasting: an Exceptional Human Experience

best one on fasting I've ever read

Looks like a good recommendation! Purchased and will read 

@Forestluv Can you provide us with more information about your seven days fast?

Why did you do it? Health reasons, spiritual reasons?

What supplements did you take?

Did you drink coffee?

Where you still able to do work?

Edited by herghly

4 hours ago, herghly said:

@Forestluv Can you provide us with more information about your seven days fast?

Why did you do it? Health reasons, spiritual reasons?

What supplements did you take?

Did you drink coffee?

Where you still able to do work?

It was spontaneous. Totally unplanned. I suddenly felt an intuition to stop eating food. After a day of not eating, I got online to figure out why I would stop eating food. I started reading about all the positive benefits. I thought I'd go for 36hrs, yet then I read about all the good stuff at 48hrs so I stretched it to 48.  Then I read about juicy stuff if I go to 72hrs.. . . I just kept going. At 72hrs, I dumped about 4 lbs of bloated water and 2 lbs of fat. I felt so much better and then started reading about prolonged fasts and therapeutic benefits. 

For supplements, I took magnesium, sodium chloride and potassium. On day three, I took too much potassium and got diarrhea. I almost broke the fast but continued on. I was doing about 1-3hrs a day of light cardio in hot weather and was concerned I would deplete my electrolytes. On day 5, I ingested a small amount of kale and avocado to take in a multivatimin with fat soluble vitamins. It was only about 200 calories worth and didn't take me out of the fast. 

Lots of people drink coffee during fasts. I'm not a big coffee drinker, yet drank some on day 3 and wish I hadn't. I felt like I was going to pass out. Yet other people drink coffee fine. 

I wasn't working at the time. 

The benefits were a mixture of physical, psychological, metaphysical and spiritual. It totally changed my relationship with food and I had amazing shamanic breath sessions during the fast.