Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Frogfucius

Is The Illusion Worth It?

16 posts in this topic

idk dude, but my guess would be that worth is part of illusion

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

I feel like such an idiot, for taking this illusion seriously. For taking my thoughts and emotions seriously, for taking my ego seriously. I can't I believe I've lived my whole life in a lie. So many wasted years of tormenting myself! I find it kind of funny...I can't trust myself, so what the hell can I trust?  Nothing! There is nothing to be trusted or believed.

@Frogfucius "This is an illusion" is another belief you've picked up. If you had a direct understanding of this being an illusion, you wouldn't be complaining.

Edited by Markus

8 minutes ago, Frogfucius said:

I can't trust myself

Who are the people who cannot trust themselves? Something has gone wrong somewhere. First, these are the people who don’t have a very good self-image; they are condemnatory towards themselves. They always feel guilty and always feel wrong. They are always defensive and always trying to prove that they are not wrong, but they feel deep down that they are wrong. These are the people who have missed, somehow, a loving atmosphere.

So if you feel it difficult to trust, then you have to go back. You have to dig deep into your memories. You have to go into your past. You have to clean your mind of the past impressions. You must be having a great heap of rubbish from your past; unburden it. This is the key to do it: if you can go back not just as memory, but as a reliving.

Make it a meditation. Every day, in the night, for one hour just go back. Try to find out all that has happened in your childhood. The deeper you can go the better – because we are hiding many things that have happened, but we don’t allow them to bubble up into consciousness. Allow them to surface. Going every day, you will feel deeper and deeper. First you will remember somewhere when you were at the age of four or five, and you will not be able to go beyond that. Suddenly, a China Wall will face you. But go. By and by, you will see that you are going deeper: three years, two years.

Go again, come back, every night. It will take at least three to nine months, and every day you will feel more unburdened, more and more unburdened, and trust will arise simultaneously, by the side. Once the past is clear and you have seen all that has happened, you are free of it. This is the key: if you become aware of anything in your memory, you are freed from it. Awareness liberates, unconsciousness creates a bondage. Then trust will become possible.

Thanks @Prabhaker , I think you're right. There's just something off, and I can't place it. Maybe I need to habitually dive deep to unwire it.

@Frogfucius Thing is, you didn't waste years tormenting yourself. It needed to happen. How do you know it needed to happen? Because it happened. I don't think you understand it quite yet. You had no say in this. So relax and come to terms with it. It's not your life, you're ready free of this life. This life belongs to God, the creator. Give thanks for it, it's nothing to do with you, it's a movie that you have been brought here to watch. Least now you have been given the opportunity to understand it and learn to enjoy it for what it is.:) Let the knowledge do the work for you. 

Edited by GTITurbolover

Simply by being here you have already decided that it's worth it, so yea. Don't be too harsh on yourself.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Worth is an illusion. So, the illusion can not be "worth" anything. But "worth" itself isn't worth anything. But it's all exactly as it should be. It needs no fixing. It needs no worth.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 11/5/2016 at 5:46 AM, Frogfucius said:

I'm living in an illusion

1 hour ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Worth is an illusion. So, the illusion can not be "worth" anything.

This foolish philosophy is the root cause of India's poverty. If the world is illusory then why care about science, why care about technology? What is the point? If the world is illusory, poverty is also an illusion, the beggar on the street is also an illusion, the starving person is also an illusion.

Down the ages, India has lived with a wrong philosophy -- a philosophy that teaches other-worldliness, a philosophy that teaches that the world is illusion and only the other world is true. You have not seen the other world, the true world; you have to believe. And the world that you have seen, and see every day and experience every day, is illusory, is maya.

The other world is also real, and real on a higher plane. The East became poor materially. The other world is real, but the other world can only be based on the reality of this world. This world functions as a foundation. So maybe, once in a while, a person in India was able to become inwardly rich. But the millions, the masses, remain outwardly poor. And because there is no foundation, they have remained inwardly poor too.

If the world is unreal, this consoles: there is nothing to be worried about, it is only a question of a few years, then you will enter into the real world. So why bother? The Eastern mind remains unscientific because of this basically wrong philosophy.

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

This foolish philosophy is the root cause of India's poverty. If the world is illusory then why care about science, why care about technology? What is the point? If the world is illusory, poverty is also an illusion, the beggar on the street is also an illusion, the starving person is also an illusion.

Down the ages, India has lived with a wrong philosophy -- a philosophy that teaches other-worldliness, a philosophy that teaches that the world is illusion and only the other world is true. You have not seen the other world, the true world; you have to believe. And the world that you have seen, and see every day and experience every day, is illusory, is maya.

The other world is also real, and real on a higher plane. The East became poor materially. The other world is real, but the other world can only be based on the reality of this world. This world functions as a foundation. So maybe, once in a while, a person in India was able to become inwardly rich. But the millions, the masses, remain outwardly poor. And because there is no foundation, they have remained inwardly poor too.

If the world is unreal, this consoles: there is nothing to be worried about, it is only a question of a few years, then you will enter into the real world. So why bother? The Eastern mind remains unscientific because of this basically wrong philosophy.

My comment doesn't mean the world isn't valid or beautiful or something that we shouldn't care about. My comment was about the false nature of the word "worth". Worth is just a measuring tool of the human intellect. Reality is not beholden to ideas of worth. Its validity supercedes all ideas of worth. So, asking "is the illusion 'worth' it?" could come up with some misleadingly depressing results due to the dualistic nature of words and concepts but the non dual nature of reality.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Prabhaker The teaching is not at fault here.  It's the fact that people believe in it blindly and most of them never use the teaching for an inquiry.  It's just become a religion, so that's what religion does, makes a dualistic philosophy and belief system out of non dual teachings that were meant to only liberate people.

Actually, what I think screwed India most was the corrupt caste system?

It's part of the game.

It's a unique thrilling and often fun experience for one.

Second, physicality needs to exist in contrast to non-physical:

Can't know unconditional love, freedom, abundance, peace, bliss etc.

without: judgment, limitation, lack, unrest, pain etc.

But you can grow out of it here and now because in trust, you already exist as non-physical consciousness and physical reality appears within you, and you give it all the meaning.