Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kray

Girlfriend been calling me "bruh"

8 posts in this topic

My girlfriend and I have been together for the last six months, never had any real fights, and have had sex several times, so its been very healthy. Our relationship has gotten so strong to the point where we even say "I love you" to each other. Recently however, she's been using "bruh" on a few occasions, and its really been getting to me. Girls usually use this with guys whom they friendzone. I obviously am not friend-zoned from her (we do quiet a lot of sexual acts together and say technically love each other), but does her using this mean that she's losing interest? I am not just another "guy friend", but her boyfriend whom she admittedly loves, so it concerns me that she uses this term towards me. Or am I reading into this way too much? 

P.S. I know this is an extremely low consciousness post, but this does erck me a bit.  

Reading into it too much, she probably just picked it up somewhere and is having fun using it.

If you're really curious just ask her casually why she's saying it :)

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

3 hours ago, kray said:

My girlfriend and I have been together for the last six months, never had any real fights, and have had sex several times, so its been very healthy. Our relationship has gotten so strong to the point where we even say "I love you" to each other. Recently however, she's been using "bruh" on a few occasions, and its really been getting to me. Girls usually use this with guys whom they friendzone. I obviously am not friend-zoned from her (we do quiet a lot of sexual acts together and say technically love each other), but does her using this mean that she's losing interest? I am not just another "guy friend", but her boyfriend whom she admittedly loves, so it concerns me that she uses this term towards me. Or am I reading into this way too much? 

P.S. I know this is an extremely low consciousness post, but this does erck me a bit.  

You could be right, sounds kind of disrespectful. It could be her way of expressing endearment though. Not enough information.
Definitely you need to deal with this needy/clingy energy that you are expressing with this post here because it's definitely not helping with your potential friendzone situation. Desperation is not attractive. If the relationship is done, it's done. If not, then it's not. Attraction is not a choice so it can't be a big deal when it's gone. Is she excited about having sex with you or does it feel like just "something we do". You can figure it out if you pay close attention to what's happening.

If it alarms you like this, there is probably more going on than her calling you 'bruh'. If I would make a topic for every instance my girlfriend called me something that could be considered friendzoning, I would have made thousands of topics already. But I just understand her intentions and I can read her cues. Girls like to tease and test guys over and over. It's just playing. I don't take it serious at all because I'm self secured in our relationship and I'm not attached at all. I just slap her ass and tell her she has to be a good girl. It's just teasing. 

Why are you so alarmed? Are you insecure in your relationship with her? Do you feel needy of her?

Does she give you any other signs? 

Imo, her calling you 'bruh' is not important at all. Is the context that surrounds it that is. Many girls say 'bruh', just to express themselves. For example when they see something weird online, they might say 'bruh, check this out'. 

The only reason someone would get stuck on their girlfriend calling them bruh is because they are deeply insecure about the relationship and that's something to look into.

Edited by JonasVE12

Can you talk to her about it?

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think it's a problem. You should definitely investigate further. 

"You Create Magic" 

The beginning of the end.

I remember like it was yesterday when my ex-girlfriend starting calling me ''dude'' instead of ''my love''

But if you guys are generation Z then it is all good.