Joel3102

Criticism Of New Age

12 posts in this topic

Not very often I come across people going out their way to criticise the niche that is non-duality. Anyone care to rebut this guy?? Seems like a whole lot of straw mans to me. 

He refutes himself with his first argument.
It is only surpressing masculine in his mind because his idea of masculinity is same as for most others influenced by society and parents and this idea of masculinity is in no way superior to any other.
Judging or saying something is evil will just make you resist it. What you resist persist not only that but it will lower your frequency you will feel bad if your start focusing on those things and make a witch hunt out of it and it surely will not solve those problems as long as our society is not making the neccessary shift it is in your best interest to just accept everything as it is this being said there is no evil if people are truly happy and to sum it up if you focus on the negative it will just spread even further if you focus on the positive the negative will dissolve.
solipsism seems to make perfect sense to me, obviously everything you percieve with your senses is filtered thats why we can not be sure. Just because multiple human individuals percieve the same thing as being true does not mean that it actually is objectively that way because every single one of those filtered it trough his very own human perception saying it is objective would be equal to saying humans are the god race who knows the truth while ETs for example are just decieved by their inferior perception because they filter it in their way not to mention that we just percieve our realm of dimensions, take dmt and you will see what other dimensions look like for us.. how can there be objective truth in our perception when there are other dimensions where everything is completely different and we can even percieve it in altered states of mind thats proof for no objective truth in of itself.
There is knowledge even in solipsism its just that it is subjective knowledge. 

Im gonna stop here this guy can not be taken seriously at all, waste of time writing this.

Isn't non duality and solipsism different things? Solipsism is the idea that ONLY my mind exists and there is no external world, whereas from the non-dual perspective the objective/subjective distinction is false, however there can be more than one (or billions) of minds within the substance of infinite consciousness.

54 minutes ago, Joel3102 said:

Anyone care to rebut this guy?

Well, I'll give it a shot. The very energy / flow / changing form that birthed this angry soul into life, has now complicated itself so much that it built a thing called brain with which it could model the world it perceives and because of this limited model now goes out and argues for it. It's the same with every one of us. He just seems to be very ambitious about how the world works in his head.

But it doesn't explains or can ever argue with a) the still moment in which this guy is talking and b) the ever-changing flow that appears in that still moment. Because it comes before all that. Before all the argumentation and interpretation. It comes before his own appearance. And it seems to liken the play called "What if.. I weren't God?". You can see that all over the world and it's a funny game. People go very far out for it.

But I gotta give 'im some credit for criticizing new age. I personally - gut feeling personally - don't like a lot of new age as well. I needed weeks before I could watch the first Matt Khan video and it blew my mind. I don't have many new age resources except him though and I think they did a very bad mistake: They talk and conceptualize too much about it. They model it too much. And this is not bad in and of itself, it's normal that we humans do that. But it makes them attackable. That's why you won't hear so many people standing up against Zen (I'm  huge Zen addict..). Because they don't talk about it. And if they do, it's like a secret language. You need months, years and decades to really understand what they mean. And they don't have many books. A few and even they are hard to read. And I think that's their advantage. And for me personally, when somebody who doesn't know me asks what my whole meditation is about I like to say: "It's about sitting." Then they give you funny look and stop asking. :P

But yeah basically, what we are talking here about is not religion, or you might say "true religion" in a new sense of the word. Nothing you can ever fathom with words. As we try it, we fail, discuss about words and meanings and it always slips through the fingers. That's why you sit silently, until nobody is talking no more and you suddenly realize that the thing that is doing the talking is the same that makes the birds fly and is the same that makes a wall a wall. So you'll laugh because you suddenly see that every game you every played, every conflict that exists, every duality that we encounter is God playing with itself because it's so much fun to pretend.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

On 28/10/2016 at 3:50 PM, Azrael said:

Well, I'll give it a shot. The very energy / flow / changing form that birthed this angry soul into life, has now complicated itself so much that it built a thing called brain with which it could model the world it perceives and because of this limited model now goes out and argues for it. It's the same with every one of us. He just seems to be very ambitious about how the world works in his head.

But it doesn't explains or can ever argue with a) the still moment in which this guy is talking and b) the ever-changing flow that appears in that still moment. Because it comes before all that. Before all the argumentation and interpretation. It comes before his own appearance. And it seems to liken the play called "What if.. I weren't God?". You can see that all over the world and it's a funny game. People go very far out for it.

But I gotta give 'im some credit for criticizing new age. I personally - gut feeling personally - don't like a lot of new age as well. I needed weeks before I could watch the first Matt Khan video and it blew my mind. I don't have many new age resources except him though and I think they did a very bad mistake: They talk and conceptualize too much about it. They model it too much. And this is not bad in and of itself, it's normal that we humans do that. But it makes them attackable. That's why you won't hear so many people standing up against Zen (I'm  huge Zen addict..). Because they don't talk about it. And if they do, it's like a secret language. You need months, years and decades to really understand what they mean. And they don't have many books. A few and even they are hard to read. And I think that's their advantage. And for me personally, when somebody who doesn't know me asks what my whole meditation is about I like to say: "It's about sitting." Then they give you funny look and stop asking. :P

But yeah basically, what we are talking here about is not religion, or you might say "true religion" in a new sense of the word. Nothing you can ever fathom with words. As we try it, we fail, discuss about words and meanings and it always slips through the fingers. That's why you sit silently, until nobody is talking no more and you suddenly realize that the thing that is doing the talking is the same that makes the birds fly and is the same that makes a wall a wall. So you'll laugh because you suddenly see that every game you every played, every conflict that exists, every duality that we encounter is God playing with itself because it's so much fun to pretend.

Hey dude, I'm pretty skeptical with new age as well, for the same reasons as you. I've never heard of Matt Khan. Can you specify/Do you remember which Matt Kahn-video blew your mind? :)

EDIT: I checked some of his videos and they seem good. However, stuff like this: http://www.truedivinenature.com/blog/energy-update-march-2015-demystifying-ascension-part-1 (which he has wrote) about him recieving a date from the Universe (27th Sep 2015) where 1/3rd of the Earth's population will transform from 3D to 5D consciousness ... well that's seems like some conceptualized crap.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Yeah...

This guy sure is doing a great job of NOT understanding nonduality.

1) Evil is a thought. It doesn't exist in the external world. Nothing is ever evil except in so far as it threatens a particular human ego. This is not a opinion, this is reality. And it's obvious to anyone with sufficient consciousness. Evil can only exist relative to an ego.

2) Solipsism is not nonduality. The guy in the video is committing the classic naive mistake of conflating nonduality with an ideology. It's not an ideology and never can be. To read a book about nonduality does not create any true knowing.

3) He claims that for solipsism (nonduality) there is no objective truth. This is false. There is ONLY Absolute Truth, which is Absolute Infinity. It's not merely subjective. It's utterly universal. So universal the human mind cannot even fathom it.

4) It is a fact that nothing can truly be known. We don't actually know what anything is. Everything is unknown. The mind only spins stories about it.

5) Evil stems from judgments and the kind of mindset this guy espouses. He doesn't understand unconditional love, nor does it seem he's ever experienced it because that requires high degrees of awareness which he doesn't seem to have.

6) This guy is ideological.

7) The woman was just being polite (and compassionate) with him not to flare up his obvious ego.

8) To a naive ego, nonduality appear egotistical, but actually the opposite is true. When I claim I am God, that's actually a very humble position. But the ego likes to attack that as arrogant.

It's sad to see modern skeptics executing skepticism so poorly. He would be better off applying his own skepticism to himself. True skepticism means: suspension of all belief or judgment about truth, because it cannot be reliably ascertained through the mind. A real skeptic would be skeptical of judgments of evil. After all, how would he know a thing was truly evil? By what method? Moral judgments are the least agreed upon.

30 mg of 5-meo up his nose would solve his whole problem ;)

Nonduality can only be found directly through experience, not theorizing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

8) To a naive ego, nonduality appear egotistical, but actually the opposite is true. When I claim I am God, that's actually a very humble position. But the ego likes to attack that as arrogant.

Alan Watts once said the same thing. That claiming to be God is the most humble (and yet truest) claim a person can make, but it is not acceptable in society's eyes to make such a claim.

Me personally, it's hard for me to make such a claim, because I've been brainwashed by western ideals on what God should and shouldn't be. All of those ideals are complete and utter bullshit, I recognize it, but the brainwashing is really hard to break free of, even if intellectually I know it's wrong. My ego hates to let me make claims like I'm God or everything is infinite. Just like how I'm sure many egos were sucker punched when humanity realized that the Earth is round, or that the Milky Way Galaxy isn't the whole universe, and we are just a tiny spec of a molecule in a vast ocean of existence.

6 hours ago, Frogfucius said:

Alan Watts once said the same thing. That claiming to be God is the most humble (and yet truest) claim a person can make, but it is not acceptable in society's eyes to make such a claim.

Me personally, it's hard for me to make such a claim, because I've been brainwashed by western ideals on what God should and shouldn't be. All of those ideals are complete and utter bullshit, I recognize it, but the brainwashing is really hard to break free of, even if intellectually I know it's wrong. My ego hates to let me make claims like I'm God or everything is infinite. Just like how I'm sure many egos were sucker punched when humanity realized that the Earth is round, or that the Milky Way Galaxy isn't the whole universe, and we are just a tiny spec of a molecule in a vast ocean of existence.

The problem is that you can not say that you are God. Because the thing that is saying and thinking that it is God is the ego in this case. God is not a person nor a thing, so nothing can ever claim to be God. I think it's more accurate to say that general experience is divine - or of divine nature - in stead of claiming you are God.

You say that you are brainwashed by society, and so it's hard for you to recognize you being God. But your "brainwashing" is also of divine nature. If you try to remove your brainwashing to a new state, in which you can claim yourself to be God. You are just as brainwashed as before.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

6) This guy is ideological.

REALLY? Are you sure? I don't see it.
yeesh.png

Oh. . .Oh wait. . . huh. . . .

On 11/2/2016 at 1:14 AM, Leo Gura said:

30 mg of 5-meo up his nose would solve his whole problem ;)

xD

On 11/2/2016 at 4:14 AM, Frogfucius said:

but it is not acceptable in society's eyes to make such a claim.

Nobody said you have to shout about it.  Taking a stand as awareness simply means you (we) stop acting like the whiny, hard done by little bitch you (we) think you (we) are and start living life as a free person:P.

On 11/2/2016 at 7:42 AM, Extreme Z7 said:

REALLY? Are you sure? I don't see it.
yeesh.png

That's what happens when the mind is closed.

A sad, sad thing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.