VeganAwake

Deconstructing the illusory self

90 posts in this topic

Deconstructing implies that there is really a self in which could be deconstructed.... this is a misunderstanding.

There already isn't a self.

These kinds of words such as deconstruct, collapse, let go, or die before you die are just metaphors, pointing to something which seems to occur but doesn't actually.

The collapse of the self is clearly seeing that it never existed in the first place .....the dropping of the Veil, Maya or Illusion.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

These kinds of words such as deconstruct, collapse, let go, or die before you die are just metaphors, pointing to something which seems to occur but doesn't actually.

It Can occur that there is no longer identification with the seeking. Or Taking it less seriously.  That's what kinda happened to me at some point... 

The frustration and seeking fatigue can suddenly lead to a total surrender to the hopelessness of seeking. Then there is just what is without any attempt to grasp it in any way...a full stop in trying to get somewhere else. What is left is not a state of absolute knowing and omniscience.. what is left is what already is without the seeking energy of trying to change anything. Because What is longed for is not a state. that is what the seeker longs for because it is in it's own dissatisfying dream of this not being it.. what is left is what is truly longed for: this without need of being anything other than what it is. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

47 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It Can occur that there is no longer identification with the seeking. Or Taking it less seriously.  That's what kinda happened to me at some point... 

The frustration and seeking fatigue can suddenly lead to a total surrender to the hopelessness of seeking. Then there is just what is without any attempt to grasp it in any way...a full stop in trying to get somewhere else. What is left is not a state of absolute knowing and omniscience.. what is left is what already is without the seeking energy of trying to change anything. Because What is longed for is not a state. that is what the seeker longs for because it is in it's own dissatisfying dream of this not being it.. what is left is what is truly longed for: this without need of being anything other than what it is. 

Nice. 

Que Sera, Sera. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

If there is no self, there are no trees outside either, huh? :D 

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

There's the appearance of trees but no outside or inside :) 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

19 minutes ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

Consider the phrase, 'this tree is growing apples'.. Well, are the apples 'part of the tree' or 'separate from the tree'?  What about the leaves? Are those 'part of the tree' or 'separate from the tree'?  What about the trunk? Is the trunk 'part of the tree' or 'separate from the tree'?  Recognize that there is no 'tree' hiding somewhere inside a tree, that's 'growing roots, and trunks, and branches, and leaves, and fruits'... similarly, there is no 'self' inside your organism somewhere that's 'thinking thoughts, and feeling feelings, and growing hair, and beating a heart'. 

24 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

What about the trunk? Is the trunk 'part of the tree' or 'separate from the tree'?

What about the trunks bark? Is it part of the trunk, or separate from the trunk? What about the barks cork tissue? Is it part of the bark, or separate from the bark? What about the cork tissues cells? Are they part of the cork tissue, or separate from the cork tissue? What about the cells membrane? Is it part of the cell or separate from the cell? What about the membranes porosome? Is it part of the membrane, or separate from the membrane? What about the porosomes protiens, is it part of the promosome, or separate from the promosome? What about the proteins acids, are they part of the protein, or separate from the proteins? What about the acids molecules? Are they separate from the acid, or part of the acid? What about the molecules...

The real question is, what is part of something? And does something cease to exist just because it is a part of something else? Does the whole cease to exist, just because it is made up of many parts? Does a car not exist because it had tires? What is a part, and what is the whole? How many parts are allowed before we declare "this part has ceased to exist because of the whole!"

Edited by wwhy

8 minutes ago, wwhy said:

How many parts are allowed before we declare "this part has ceased to exist because of the whole!"

We declare, "distinctions are arbitrary and relative!"  

Edited by Mason Riggle

it's an infinite fractal of holons within holons ...

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

Consider the phrase, 'this tree is growing apples'.. Well, are the apples 'part of the tree' or 'separate from the tree'?  What about the leaves? Are those 'part of the tree' or 'separate from the tree'?  What about the trunk? Is the trunk 'part of the tree' or 'separate from the tree'?  Recognize that there is no 'tree' hiding somewhere inside a tree, that's 'growing roots, and trunks, and branches, and leaves, and fruits'... similarly, there is no 'self' inside your organism somewhere that's 'thinking thoughts, and feeling feelings, and growing hair, and beating a heart'. 

Exactly.

There are no trees. No outside world. No inside self. Nothing at all. Just 'experience experiencing experience'.

No stuff. There is absolutely nothing but Love/God/Oneness/Experience/Consciousness/Nothingness.

As Alan Watts said: there are no nouns in the world. Only verbs.

Existence is a an eternal Infinite 'happening' unfolding out of itself by itself over itself.

There is not even an organism bro. No 'body' that is 'mine', no organism where an illusory self could hide.

It's just pure imagination all of it. Divine play. Leela?

It's All just Love. Oh God! ????☯️

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

Yes and seeing it clearly is key.

The identification with the seeking energy and thoughts runs you around trying to find something that was never missing.

The thoughts can still continue for some time they're just no longer identified with or taken seriously.

The ego is identification.... it will constantly try to identify as something... see it for what it is and it will deconstruct itself sort of speak. ? ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake I've been listening to Fred Davis recently I think he's great, who do you think are the most direct teachers?

1 hour ago, WaveInTheOcean said:

There is a conditioned body just like the tree, but it's empty of the individual... the self the me the I is the only absolutely unreal part of THIS entire appearance known as life.

Check out 1:05 - 8:10

29 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@VeganAwake I've been listening to Fred Davis recently I think he's great, who do you think are the most direct teachers?

Fred Davis is pretty good.

Jim Newman, Tony Parsons, Andreas Muller, Richard Sylvester, Robert Wolfe, Eckhart Tolle, Osho.

? ❤

39 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

There is a conditioned body just like the tree, but it's empty of the individual... the self the me the I is the only absolutely unreal part of THIS entire appearance known as life.

Check out 1:05 - 8:10

What you call 'a body here' or 'a ? there' is just you (as God, The Eternal Formless Dreamer) imagining the "formless into form". ?

If you insist on there existing 'things' like trees, bodies, stones, then you are -- purely logically -- also insisting on there existing "an observer" / "subject" that is viewing, seeing, perceiving all these 'objects'.

God - wake up for God's sake! ?

You cant have objects without a subject. You cant have a subject without objects. 

You are still stuck in dualistic thinking, going full-blown "no-self"-bananas... desperately, constantly trying to prove that the self doesn't exist, not seeing that if you 'flush out the self', you also "flush out everything else' (the outside world).

Recognizing the non-dual nature of THIS -- EXiSTENCE, REALiTY -- is seeing ONENESS in EVERYTHING.

It is seeing 'the going-together' of ALL opposites!

?☯️❤️

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

In other words: Yes, the separate personal self that focuses on 'me' and survival: yes, that self is an illusion. It doesn't exist. There is no little man/woman sitting behind the eyes.

But then when you get totally past that, i.e. transcend it, see through the illusion, a new self can be revealed:

The Selfless Self.

God.

This Self is What You really Are. And it's formless, yet it is all form. 

It's the Dao that can't be spoken.

It's the all-embracing, all-encompassing Self. The Self that simultaneously is in everything, yet all detached from it all.

It's like realizing you're the Whole Universe observing itself. Yet it's also pure Nothingness.

Can we say what this Self wants? What its true nature is? You tell me! No, really, it's the Dao that cannot be spoken. But I'm gonna do it anyway:

I am IT. I am You.

All I want is Love.

I am God.

I am Love.

?❤️??

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

@WaveInTheOcean   it doesn't matter whether you believe you are God or not, it doesn't affect reality in any way.

If that body runs into a mama bear with a cub, it will kill or maul that body.

If that body runs face-first into a tree it may be knocked unconscious.

If you jump off a cliff that body will Splat on the Rocks below.

22 minutes ago, Kalo said:

You ain't dropping anything bro.

The ego believing itself to not exist is the greatest weapon of the ego. 

You are at the ego's mercy ;)

So acknowledge it's existence, then do whatever you feel to. Kill it, have sex with it, embrace it, or hate it.

Personally I don't care. The ego is not my enemy, it's a necessary part of me. 

Exactly bro,

It doesn't really drop because it wasn't real in the first place, it was an illusion.