Jon_Bundesen

Career change crisis

20 posts in this topic

Hello everyone

Here's my problem:

Before I discovered self-help I bought a course on how to sell on Amazon FBA and started working on that. I bought goods and started a company but haven't got my products up and running because there is so much hassle I have to go through and I just don't know if it's worth it.

I'm 15 as I write this and have already used a lot of money on the Amazon FBA course and goods around 1500 dollars and it just feels too painful to stop a lose it all. I know it's probably not a lot of money but still. Right now I don't pay rent or anything like that so it's probably the best moment to quit but still. I've begun Leo's life purpose course but I'm really slacking off even though I know it's one of the most important things in my life.

Here's my question:

Should I quit the amazon FBA thing even though I know it's painful and grind on my life purpose or should I try to get the business up and running even though I'm not passionate about it, make the money back I spend, and quit it?

Edited by Jon_Bundesen

There's LEVELS to this shit!!!

Just continue the LPC. You are 15 years old. Just let go of the FBA and find what you are truly interested in. I worked in a field that I hated just for the paycheck and it was a huge waste of time and was unfulfilling/demoralizing. Find something that excites you. If you can't see yourself enjoying the work it will take to make a living in a given field/business, you aren't looking in the right place.

@Logan Deep down I know you're right but I don't know. One part of me wants to quit another wants to keep doing it because of my fear of failure.

13 hours ago, Jon_Bundesen said:

@Logan Deep down I know you're right but I don't know. One part of me wants to quit another wants to keep doing it because of my fear of failure.

Then, do both.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

You don't want to quit because of your fear of failure you say? Well, this is a perfect opportunity to face your fear of looking like a failure if that's what you meant. Or is what you meant more like you equate failing with quitting. Quitting is NOT failure, when you quit something that you don't enjoy doing and you are not good at it, then it is good.

Dont worry your only 15, you can fuck up for the next 4 years and you'll still be young, go full throttle on this and learn the lessons that come from it

@Ananta @elizabethh @Bando

Thanks for the advice.

The product I'm trying to sell failed.

So I don't know if I should stop it totally and work on my resistance towards doing the life purpose course or if I should try another product and see if it sells?

@Jon_Bundesen Your thread was started just 2 weeks ago. So, you got the amazon business up and running, and already decided the product failed? 

I think you really need to soul search and decide what you want to do. You're young and have the luxury of throwing it all away and starting from scratch, if you'd like. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta I followed a course which shows you how to check if there enough demand for the product and the last time I did this was a year ago. I then checked two days ago as a follow-up and there was absolutely no demand for it. So I thought it might be best to leave it.

Here is the thing though after I quit I felt a relief, as Leo talks about I think it was the fear of competitors taking over and me losing all my money.

I watched this video and got excited about following something you're really passionate about, like my life purpose when I find it.

I got some problems right now which I think will be very valuable to understand and conquer. So here's what I think I will be doing:

First: Understand resistance towards things like gym, eating healthy, reading books, etc. So I can get back on track.

Second: Come to peace with the void so I can conquer my food addiction sustainably.

Third: Work on life purpose BABY!

I'm going to high school or here in Denmark, it's called "gymnasium" after summer where I will be for the next three years. Then after that, I have to choose if I want to go to university, so I can really see how valuable it would be to work on my life purpose now.

Question:

The only real thing that I am worried about is where my money is going to come from these next couple of years to buy books and information products. All my so-called "friends" at school are working at a job but I see a job kinda like a limitation because you're spending so much time working so I am not sure If I will have time to do self-actualization work, exercise, read books, work on life purpose, etc.?

3 hours ago, Jon_Bundesen said:

The only real thing that I am worried about is where my money is going to come

Will parental figures pay you to do chores? Maybe get a job that lets you work only a few days a week or only a few hours per shift. Is there a family or friend owned business you can score a few hours at? You can buy most of the things you will need cheap. LPC is only $250, not much money at all. Use your birthday money too.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

4 hours ago, Jon_Bundesen said:

but I see a job kinda like a limitation because you're spending so much time working so I am not sure If I will have time to do self-actualization work, exercise, read books, work on life purpose, etc.?

Well, in my day, you worked a part-time job for money or you didn't have any. Unless you had parents with large pockets that dished out cash whenever you needed it. I didn't have parents like that. I held part-time jobs through high school and saved money for my first car. 

Good luck with whatever you decide.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Bob Seeker @Ananta

I already have the LPC so that's nice.

In the LPC I just started the value assessment part, so let's say I found out my life purpose or something I'm passionate about.

Here are some of the options I have in mind:

1. Online gig

Then I could work on that trying to get an online thing going and get some income from there, which will take longer but at the same time be really worth it since I will learn more and more about the thing I am passionate about.

2. Conventional job

Or I could search for I job where I am only working a few days a week, which will be easier but I would say that the range of money will be more limited if you guys understand.

3. Try the amazon FBA again

Or I could research and sell a new product on amazon since I got some skin in the game from last time. 

For me, the third option seems like the "best" because I get to have more time on and my income range is not limited.

But I know that negative thoughts will come up and tell me I should be working on my life purpose or something more important because I have this bias in my mind telling me that chasing money is not going to bring you happiness and I am wasting time. I know that I should not be chasing money for money's sake but I don't know if I am fooling myself into believing that money is going to bring me more choices like buying books and information products. (Do y'all also have this negative thought in your mind saying you ain't doing the right thing etc.)

I feel like I'm stuck in this dilemma because of a limited perspective

5 hours ago, Jon_Bundesen said:

@Bob Seeker @Ananta

I already have the LPC so that's nice.

In the LPC I just started the value assessment part, so let's say I found out my life purpose or something I'm passionate about.

Here are some of the options I have in mind:

1. Online gig

Then I could work on that trying to get an online thing going and get some income from there, which will take longer but at the same time be really worth it since I will learn more and more about the thing I am passionate about.

2. Conventional job

Or I could search for I job where I am only working a few days a week, which will be easier but I would say that the range of money will be more limited if you guys understand.

3. Try the amazon FBA again

Or I could research and sell a new product on amazon since I got some skin in the game from last time. 

For me, the third option seems like the "best" because I get to have more time on and my income range is not limited.

But I know that negative thoughts will come up and tell me I should be working on my life purpose or something more important because I have this bias in my mind telling me that chasing money is not going to bring you happiness and I am wasting time. I know that I should not be chasing money for money's sake but I don't know if I am fooling myself into believing that money is going to bring me more choices like buying books and information products. (Do y'all also have this negative thought in your mind saying you ain't doing the right thing etc.)

I feel like I'm stuck in this dilemma because of a limited perspective

I have doubts all the time. Your decision doesn’t have to be perfect, you just want to do something that works for getting what you want. It’s important to be realistic though, with your expectations. Look at how long it took others to get the return from what you’re planning on doing, so you’re not surprised by how much work or time each option takes.

money is good, you’re supposed to have plenty of money. You’re not a fool, you are gonna use the money wisely, so it’s best that you have it so you can self-actualizar all the more.

Edited by Bob Seeker

I have zero business skills. 

So to me, if you can get a product up and running at 15, sound incredibly cool. 

You'll have money, and you'll know how business works. Plus you may practice some willpower, if there's grinding involved. 

To me, you do sound at least somewhat passionate - you tried, and you consider trying again. It's not like you're trying to do a thing that's been imposed on you by someone elses expectations. 

So I'd say go do it if you can, have a business next year. Would be incredible.

The LP course, you can do it bit by bit. You can keep looking around if there's something more meaningful that you'd like to take up. Just set aside some time for it on a regular basis. 

Ah, one more thing: You called your thread "career change" and "crisis". 

You don't have a career yet, aka a series of jobs in the same field, or a lonterm business aspiration. You just have something that you are trying out to make some money and see what you like and dislike about it.

You may consider not calling this a crisis either. Leo says people who do business fail many times before they find their thing... So you're on track. You just had one idea that didn't work out. Don't think of your situation as a crisis, just a place of uncertainty. 

@Bob Seeker I  will definitely remember to have realistic expectations :)

@Elisabeth Well it would certainly be nice to get a business running but It's like my mind is telling me to stop the business and work on my life purpose properly because I've got expectations towards self-actualization after hearing Leo talk so much about it. "I have to work on my life purpose know" or "Right now is the perfect time to work on your life purpose".

Maybe it's because I see life purpose as a very valuable thing so working on trying to get some money is a foolish thing.

Or maybe it's because business is hard to learn and I would have to research and study a lot, therefore my mind says I should be doing life purpose because it's easier and there's not so much pain involved.

I just feel like I'm wasting time trying to get money because our lives are really short so I want the most valuable things out of life. But for me to access the valuable things in life easier money would definitely help.

(I don't know if it makes sense :))

(@Elisabeth  If I could I would change the title to "Job Dilemma / Uncertain :))

Edited by Jon_Bundesen

@sda Yeah, working on my life purpose as I am not desperate for money will properly be the best opportunity.

But in my mind, it seems like it will take longer to earn revenue from your most passionate thing because it could be a very specific thing that is maybe hard to market.

I might be wrong though. 

And also eating a healthy diet is somewhat more expensive than a conventional diet so I'm afraid that my parents one day will say you have to eat something else, this is too expensesive (That might not happen but still)

If work on Life Purpose or just guesstimate it you can find the general area you are passionate about, and then you can start any sort of practical business in that area. You’d probabaly Learn plenty useful stuff and be pretty passionate about it, even if it’s not your masterpiece project. 

Firstly respect for starting so early, I was think I wish I could've started so early but fba didn't even exist back then lol. 

I've sold an amazon and eBay for the last 10 years and it's been my main income. Here's my advice though, fba and generally all business especially Internet ones, are a lot to do with trial and error, I've changed my strategy and adapted so many times I cant count. It's a constantly changing landscape so you have to be resilient and adaptable. If your first idea for a product worked and you started making money from it I would've been shocked, but at the same time the learning experience you've had is still very valuable. 

This is the route to any type of success whether it's fba or life purpose or whatever. So you are going to come up against adversity and you need to find a way to push through. 

Life purpose is obviously important but right now you have very little experience of anything, it feels like you're trying to bypass a lot of stuff. If you enjoy fba then just go for it set out a length of time, a year or two, and see where you are after that, if there's been progress, if you feel you're learning. If it's not fba choose something else but the point is get some experience somewhere. 

In the meantime just be open to your life purpose, see what piques your interest and what comes along, you dont need to be in a rush