fish

Tips for pursuing consciousness WORK.

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am a 17-year-old junior in high school. I started learning through Leo's teachings half a year ago. I feel like I have a pretty decent conceptual understanding of these teachings (god, non-dualism, oneness, holism, infinity, imaginary concepts vs. actuality, etc.) The only thing I feel like I lack is putting in the work (contemplation, meditation, introspection, etc.) to discover these truths for myself and become conscious of them. I was just wondering if there was anything you guys wish you implemented into your self-development earlier on in your journey. I don't really feel like I'm new to this stuff but I'd just like a little guidance/insightful tips.

@fish . you are a person of high intelligence to be so interested in this stuff and taking it on. This reminds me, I too read my first book on spirituality in my teens :).

The practice is the hardest part. Reading and thinking is easy but trying to translate that into actual work will be the grand test. If you can do that consistently, you'll see change and expansion in both your understanding and personality. If you can't be disciplined and consistent (however small the effort), the outlook won't be good. You'll stay put in this place, feeling more frustrated as you go on.  So, find a practice that you like and stick to it long enough (a few weeks at least, some would say a year) to see if it helps you before switching to something else.

Edited by Demeter

@fish

Do you have hobbies (wood working, drawing, singing, dancing, any sport, etc)? Focus on them. 

I started downhill MTB at 30 :D I wish I'd start at 17 ahaha

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I started when I was 14. Just follow your heart and try everything that piques your interest. Learn to have discipline and consistency when it comes to spiritual practice, but also enough awareness to know if a method is not for you and try something else when needed. Suppose you have a stable life now and in the near future. You can really focus on spirituality if you desire to reach awakening. It can help with all aspects of your life as you do this work. It's a meta-skill that can improve your life greatly. Your brain is still developing and flexible, so use this time to learn and gain a deeper understanding of reality to form holistic perspectives. Live life and do the work, have patience and have fun; you'll get there in time.  

Same cliche advice I wrote in everyone's yearbook when I was that age, still applies, more than ever. Follow your heart. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Raptorsin7 You can't lose or find what's not located. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Realize you are/was/will be exactly where you need to be. Now. 

I mean it sounds so unhelpful but you gotta grasp it with conscious awareness. 

Sailing on the ceiling