Leo Gura

The Dumbest Conservative Ad Ever

92 posts in this topic

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What's the point of me knowing this, if 99% of everyone else doesn't? 

Whats the point of teaching us to be selfless. 

It makes perfect sense to me but It's so hard when so many of us are completely fragmented in our minds. 

We don't have much more than 20-30 years to end the climate crisis and we have these idiots in power.

The sad thing is a lot of people will enjoy that ad. It's all about how people feel not how things really are.

I feel scared Leo, I feel a bit sad and frustrated. It's too heavy sometimes. But, I will persist.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

6 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

We don't have much more than 20-30 years to end the climate crisis

We got a lot more time than that.

I feel scared Leo, I feel a bit sad and frustrated. It's too heavy sometimes. But, I will persist.

If your worldview leads you to fear and depression, then obviously something is wrong with your worldview -- NOT with the world!

The point of this work is to cut through the BS that is fear and depression. If this work is not making your happier, lighter, and more playful , you need to change your understanding of this work.

Being fearful, frustrated, and sad is not a conscious or truthful state and it is not how we heal the world.

Not surprising anymore. 

Name some conservative things that aren't dumb. 

Now don't answer "plenty of things."

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Name some conservative things that aren't dumb.

Be careful, you are over-generalizing and this will lead to you not properly understanding conservativism.

This was just a silly example. It is not a deep understanding of conserativism.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

1. We got a lot more time than that.

2. If your worldview leads you to fear and depression, then obviously something is wrong with your worldview -- NOT with the world!

3. The point of this work is to cut through the BS that is fear and depression.

1. The Climate science I am seeing suggests that we don't have that much time. So, I don't know where you get your numbers from.

2. Thats foolishness. Feelings are important and seeing massive systemic breakdown and ecological collapse is a good reason to feel a bit stressed. Seeing my larger body die, and just how impossible it is for these changes to happen rapidly is disheartening. My, obviously newbie understanding of systems thinking is that we are running out of time and there's little reason to expect that we are going to make it out the climate catastrophe.

3. I get that. I am working on going Meta everyday. Thanks again. I've been really just taking note of how true that statement is with this work.

Hold my number 2. with paradox. 

However the more meta I go, the more I realize how much work there is to be done in the world. It's honestly overwhelming. 

And if this is the dumbest conservative ad ever, which is not its actually genius. How can I speak to you about anything?

English isn't a good enough language for where I think this work could potentially go.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

Let's go boys and kick some left wing ass!

We can't allow the commies to shut down our churches!

And send big Dan to congress. Whoever the f he is.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Be careful, you are over-generalizing and this will lead to you not properly understanding conservativism.

This was just a silly example. It is not a deep understanding of conserativism.

Give me examples or it didn't happen!!! 

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

1. The Climate science I am seeing suggests that we don't have that much time. So, I don't know where you get your numbers from.

A 1 or 2 degree rise in climate is not gonna kill ya. The Earth is far more resilient than any scientist or hippies understands.

2 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

2. Thats foolishness. Feelings are important and seeing massive systemic breakdown and ecological collapse is a good reason to feel a bit stressed.

The systemic breakdown is not so massive in the grande scheme of human affairs.

Ecological collapse is reversible.

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Give me examples or it didn't happen!!!

It is not my burden to make you understand reality.

If you truly care to understand, you will go out of your way to educate yourself.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is not my burden to make you understand reality.

If you truly care to understand, you will go out of your way to educate yourself.

Huh??? Really?? 

You could have at least given me some resources or at least one example to pacify my question. 

What a cop out!!! 

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Welcome to my hell. Rodimer is running for election in a district very close to where I live.  

Even worse, this "cowboy" is from New Jersey and is running for election in Texas because he kept losing elections in Nevada. He's also a retired WWE wrestler. 

So basically, he's a fraud in more ways than one. 

Edited by Nobody_Here
grammatical error

He is running for the Texas-6th, a safe Republican district.

I noticed the ad had all the conservative greatest hits, yet conveniently left out liberals on covid. Perhaps because the seat Big Dan is running for is open because the Republican who held it recently died of covid. 

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A 1 or 2 degree rise in climate is not gonna kill ya. The Earth is far more resilient than any scientist or hippies understands.

The systemic breakdown is not so massive in the grande scheme of human affairs.

Ecological collapse is reversible.

I find this difficult to swallow. Do you have something I can look into other than the massive amount of documentaries and articles that are out there? When I consume research on systems thinking, environmental science etc it suggest that the world will not be a livable place in 100 years and that.

I want to develop the most holistic view. I have been getting caught up in environmental movements because they are clear cutting my province. When you combine all the environmental factors that are collapsing at once It seems as if a majour tipping point is inevitable. 

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Huh??? Really?? 

You could have at least given me some resources or at least one example to pacify my question. 

What a cop out!!! 

It would have been nice if @Leo Gura gave you an explanation, but you're not entitled to one -- especially when Google is at your fingertips.

Climate change will become really bad in 20-30 years, but the problem is that it will destroy humanity's way of life. Mother Earth doesn't give a darn about humans and will be around long after we all die.  

4 minutes ago, Nobody_Here said:

Even worse, this "cowboy" is from New Jersey and is running for Texas because he kept losing elections in Nevada. He's also a retired WWE wrestler. 

So basically, he's a fraud in more ways than one. 

I noticed you can’t see “Dan’s” face while riding the bull, which means it’s a stuntman.

6 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

He is running for the Texas-6th, a safe Republican district.

I noticed the ad had all the conservative greatest hits, yet conveniently left out liberals on covid. Perhaps because the seat Big Dan is running for is open because the Republican who held it recently died of covid. 

True, the guy died of COVID, but to be fair, he had planned to get the shot when it was available as he was a cancer survivor and was over 65. (I never voted for him.) 

That said, it's kind of ironic. 

4 minutes ago, Nobody_Here said:

Climate change will become really bad in 20-30 years, but the problem is that it will destroy humanity's way of life

Climate change is not a conservative ideal 

4 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

I noticed you can’t see “Dan’s” face while riding the bull, which means it’s a stuntman.

Yes, and since I have actually attended a rodeo, I noticed that the commercial omitted what I think is a significant detail: An announcer would have mentioned something about a timer. The goal of a real bull rider is to stay on the bull for eight seconds. 

Who knows, though -- the fake Texan bull rider might have a shot (pun intended) at winning. After 2020, nothing surprises me anymore. 

33 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The point of this work is to cut through the BS that is fear and depression. If this work is not making your happier, lighter, and more playful , you need to change your understanding of this work.

Being fearful, frustrated, and sad is not a conscious or truthful state and it is not how we heal the world.

I agree. However, I just finished watching the Seaspiracy documentary and still feel it in my heart.  My work is to fully awaken and to heal the world through my art and speaking of truth and love. My work is making my happier, lighter, and more playful. Like, amazingly. However, when I see what is happening to the oceans and environmental racism... I feel that in my heart and my stomach. 

I speak to you with an honesty because I can't deny that when I put everything I know together into a holism, it looks unfortunate for this particular planet. I will continue to self reflect on this as a grow. Thanks for today.

I love this work. We'll see what I make of it all. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"