asha176

starting business query

14 posts in this topic

In order to work on our ideas, start business, is it true that we first should do job in the same field to get required skills, knowledge , expertise ,network ?

Edited by asha176

In a way yes but not a must.. You will learn along the way. Just make sure you have done enough research in what you're getting into.

It helps. However, I think just having experience with having business in general makes a big difference. There are a lot of different ways to go about doing it. It really depends what you are trying to offer. 

Say for example you wanted to start an oil change business. You could go in and get a job at on and take notes on all of their procedures. You also have the opportunity to meet customers and see what kind of stuff extra they want to buy. You also can get data like their ages, types of vehicles, etc. All sorts of stuff that would take you a lot of time to figure out. 

If you wanted to do something that takes a lot of years to really nail down, then working for someone could help. Programming comes to mind, but even that could be done on your own. 

If you still need an income from a job to survive and pay bills and...

If you can't earn enough with your own business already...

then yes, it's better to get a job in your niche than to go work for Mc Donald's.

Finding a job where you can actually learn something can be hard, it's easier to learn from people if they don't also have to pay you.

On 20/03/2021 at 9:29 AM, asha176 said:

In order to work on our ideas, start business, is it true that we first should do job in the same field to get required skills, knowledge , expertise ,network ?

NO. That's a big fat lie.

Not if you're Jesse Itzler, at least :)

His mindset is: "I've got no time for experience". So he just goes into ventures that he knows nothing about, figures it all out as he goes, then exits them successfully. Rapping, coconut water, private jets... this guy conquers it all, without "prior working experience".

I'm a big fan, if you can't tell ;p

You can watch his interview with Impact Theory, or JRE, they're both good.

Working in the field can actually be counterproductive, because it indoctrinates you into the same mindsets and ways of doing things that are common there. And the more you absorb of that, the less you are able to think differently and come up with something to truly innovate and disrupt the market.

There's an effect that has been studied where people coming into a field without experience usually are more successful as businesspeople.

It's described in the book "Outsiders", which I still want to read.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

22 hours ago, flowboy said:

NO. That's a big fat lie.

Not if you're Jesse Itzler, at least :)

His mindset is: "I've got no time for experience". So he just goes into ventures that he knows nothing about, figures it all out as he goes, then exits them successfully. Rapping, coconut water, private jets... this guy conquers it all, without "prior working experience".

I'm a big fan, if you can't tell ;p

You can watch his interview with Impact Theory, or JRE, they're both good.

Working in the field can actually be counterproductive, because it indoctrinates you into the same mindsets and ways of doing things that are common there. And the more you absorb of that, the less you are able to think differently and come up with something to truly innovate and disrupt the market.

There's an effect that has been studied where people coming into a field without experience usually are more successful as businesspeople.

It's described in the book "Outsiders", which I still want to read.

@flowboy
Becoming an expert in a field itself takes 5-10 yrs , how can they start new businesses without expert knowledge ? I think thats possible only when u are very rich to hire experts todo the work for u .

@asha176 Hey, you asked the question ;)

These are your limiting beliefs:

• It is necessary to be an expert in a field to be able to start a successful business
  • Experts are the only people who can make the right decisions for a business
  • You can only access expert knowledge if you are very rich
  • You can't possibly figure it out on your own just by immersing yourself and learning by doing

Now I know these things are not true, but if you want to hold on to these beliefs and stay stuck, that's up to you.

Watch the interviews I mentioned.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

On 3/20/2021 at 4:29 AM, asha176 said:

Sharing experience, you might get a different perspective, insights, ideas, new questions, etc... before I opened a franchise, I interviewed 22 current owners, worked at one of them for two years, and helped voluntarily in addition to that at 7. I took notes, wrote out the most efficient best practices. I learned how and what kind of leadership employees responded to. Of 38 said franchises in the district I opened mine in, by the end of the first year our sales were nearly double the next highest location, and my team members made nearly double the average of the team members in the district. I had no money, and no knowledge of the products or how the business operated prior to this. But I was as flexible as water and as humble as a mute. I led myself by learning what I responded to as well. Six figures in three years

@flowboy Is spitting pure truth here. 

?? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 20/03/2021 at 7:43 PM, Average Investor said:

If you wanted to do something that takes a lot of years to really nail down, then working for someone could help. Programming comes to mind, but even that could be done on your own. 

I learned programming with 11 years old. It took me a few months. Programming is overestimated and most programmers in companies are average or below. Even in companies like BMW they more like average. Maybe Google not, but about that I cannot say anything. In the first 3 months working as a full-time employee I became better than the 10 year experience guys, just because I took it seriously and also used my freetime to go deeper into stuff like clean-code conventions, UML, software-architectures etc. . I even studied software architectures of big companies like Google and research faculties to the detail and compared them. Programming is just a craft like building houses. It was sad to see how dumb this is and how deceptive, because everybody thinks a programmer must be intelligent.

Best thing to become good in programming is self-teach, because in companies you are just a small cogwheel getting tasks which does not really speed up your learning curve, because they are too specific. You are more flexible on your own. And specification is often times not really possible because you switch domains. You may can be somehow specific in a specific programming language, but it often ends at certain frameworks. And today you have to be very very specific in programming to be valuable. And because there are many people with big mouths but nothing behind it becomes harder to be recognized. Because, most people just buy online-courses for hiring and then try to use tricks. This makes recruitment personell more alert. But this I guess applies to most jobs, too. Moreover, the technology changes that fast that it is even worse to work for a company, because these companies try to use you for the same stuff as long as it goes. So they don't have to teach you new things and you are effective at this framework e.g., so why change? And many companies don't change their technologies because it is too time and cost consuming. That's why you switch every 2 years or so. But now you are no more on the cutting edge. Say what you want, but this is the truth. Maybe you can nitpick something here and there but this doesn't change anything.

I lost my life purpose in a company so I wouldn't recommend.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

To see what a really good software company is, you have to go to Facebook, Amazon, Google or maybe Microsoft.

Anything below that is ridiculous. I've been there and seen how many mistakes most companies make. They make such stupid mistakes in their company structure, organisation, etc. that you grab your head. And the managers are often not very bright either. It is so easy to outperform this if you stepped into the business I guess, but the hardest part is to not be that dumb like everything below the big players. Because I think "below" they often use certain tricks or tools etc. and you have to control yourself to not do the same, because they are counter-productive in the long run.

Every idiot nowadays has a software firm and does 6-8 figures. They are not Mark Zuckerberg lol You don't even have to have a strong personality or to be charismatic for that. I met a lot of this people. It is easy to do this, if you are conformistic. That is the sad thing, nothing is like I expected as I was young. I thought these are cool, intelligent people like in hacker-movies x D

If someone is not intelligent, i usually don't care as long as they act like they are and want to show off. They do pretend to understand things all the time and don't want to admit they don't, thus hindering the process. Only because they are selfish and horny to climbing up the corporal letter to get at the end maybe 100k, which is not much compared to creating even a small business which takes less time without blowing cocks. I had to do the work of a 10-headed software team nearly by my own successfully, so I know what I am talking about. It is just frustrating, because it is so fake and you are likely become unconciouss in this environment. Also you have to go eat with this people and they are not even funny, charismatic or good in conversation. Guess this applies to most jobs, as well.

In jobs the problem generally is that you are forced to talk with people and spend time with you usually won't. Because they don't give you much value and honestly I have met that much and diverse people that nobody really surprises me and information is easier to get from the internet. Interesting people you have to find on expensive conferences e.g.

Left means not right

On 3/24/2021 at 1:49 PM, IAmReallyImportant said:

To see what a really good software company is, you have to go to Facebook, Amazon, Google or maybe Microsoft.

Anything below that is ridiculous. I've been there and seen how many mistakes most companies make. They make such stupid mistakes in their company structure, organisation, etc. that you grab your head. And the managers are often not very bright either. It is so easy to outperform this if you stepped into the business I guess, but the hardest part is to not be that dumb like everything below the big players. Because I think "below" they often use certain tricks or tools etc. and you have to control yourself to not do the same, because they are counter-productive in the long run.

Every idiot nowadays has a software firm and does 6-8 figures. They are not Mark Zuckerberg lol You don't even have to have a strong personality or to be charismatic for that. I met a lot of this people. It is easy to do this, if you are conformistic. That is the sad thing, nothing is like I expected as I was young. I thought these are cool, intelligent people like in hacker-movies x D

If someone is not intelligent, i usually don't care as long as they act like they are and want to show off. They do pretend to understand things all the time and don't want to admit they don't, thus hindering the process. Only because they are selfish and horny to climbing up the corporal letter to get at the end maybe 100k, which is not much compared to creating even a small business which takes less time without blowing cocks. I had to do the work of a 10-headed software team nearly by my own successfully, so I know what I am talking about. It is just frustrating, because it is so fake and you are likely become unconciouss in this environment. Also you have to go eat with this people and they are not even funny, charismatic or good in conversation. Guess this applies to most jobs, as well.

In jobs the problem generally is that you are forced to talk with people and spend time with you usually won't. Because they don't give you much value and honestly I have met that much and diverse people that nobody really surprises me and information is easier to get from the internet. Interesting people you have to find on expensive conferences e.g.

@IAmReallyImportant What I don't get is why you judge people's intelligence by there ability to program? Like some people don't have the personality to be a programmer? It's usually the analyst types who are coders, it's not for everyone. And not everyone is going to have exception charisma and funniness. You have to get to know them on a deeper level. Most people are just kind of basic people. They do either microsoft office work or blue collar. Then hangout with their kids and spouses and thats it. Honestly I have a ton of respect for on being a programmer, because i could never in a million years sit and code all day. Because I'm an ENFJ and doing logical work is torture to me, I tried for six months to become a programmer and it was painful. So big respect to you on becoming a coder, because it takes a special person to do that. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

6 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

What I don't get is why you judge people's intelligence by there ability to program?

Nope its the ability of problem solving, how fast they can do it and how much things they can keep in memory at the same time long- and short-term. Abilities of abstract/lateral thinking, creativity etc. .

And I just say people who are programmers are in general not much more intelligent, then people who are not. They are average intelligent most of the time. Sometimes they may have an IQ up to 130 or something. However, this is also not super-intelligent. But many programmers act like they are. And for me this is embarrassing and unauthentic. Besides the fact that analytic intelligence says nothing about a person besides they have a certain analytic intelligence. Being a genius has not much to do with a high IQ.

A good programmer is not just somebody debugging all the time. You also have to have good analytic skills. If you just debug, you basically are a trial-and-error person which is not very effective, because much work can be avoided through an analytic/strategic process. I have seen so many people hanging around in front of their computers, taking ages to complete the simplest tasks while sipping their coffee. They tend to debug too much. Time is money.

Maybe some people need much time to learn programming in terms of just able to write code, which is readable and works after a time. This also can be related to motivation, energy, learning material etc. . I think, coding is not complicated and everybody can learn this quite fast.

Could also be that I'm biased because I'm just disappointed in how shallow and stupid it is and it feels like someone sold me shit. Like I'm really hanging out with people who are kind of interesting or who you have conversations with, who push you or who you can really learn something from. They are just simple people like everybody else.. And this is not a challenging environment. Everybody who may thinks this and wants to have a challenging work, I would suggest to become a researcher or something. For me, the payment of a researcher would not be satisfying. Because I think if you are good and you using your coding skills as an entrepreneur or independent programmer you can gain much more and challenge yourself at the same time. If you are too good, people become jealous and it doesn't matter if you are not bragging and if you are humble, they will see you as a threat, because they are money-grubbing. And then it becomes war, because nobody can set me down lol x D Last time, 2 of people in my time needed psychological help, because they tried some intriguing games but were too dumb to execute them correctly. So I used it against them. Now I am also some money grubbing person, because obviously without much you are forced to certain environments. You can be lucky, but the risk is not worth it. But I don't do it the petty ways and means like employees do it in a cooperate-world. And entrepreneurship is something I gravitated towards anyways.

Left means not right