blankisomeone

Do you know any good books on Psychedelics?

8 posts in this topic

I wanna get into psychedelics, but I wanna have a solid understanding of what it’s about first.

General knowledge - how to change your mind 

Using psychedelics for awakening - read through martin balls books

How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan is very good when it comes to general knowledge. He talks about the history of psychs, his own trip reports, the neuroscience behind it, and also why they show so much promise for mental health in the future.

The Psychedelic Explorer's Guide by Dr. James Fadiman is probably the best book out there for how to use them properly in order to attain maximum benefit. 

Really those two are all you need to get started.

Edited by Wyeth

@blankisomeone Read Carlos Casteneda. He has some insightful books about psychedelics. Other authors include Martin Ball and Terence McKenna. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

If you want to use psychedelics for spiritual purposes or personal development you have to find out a long the way what it is about.

Of course it's never bad to read some books on the subject but you could find better informations here in the forum.

My favorite books are: 'The Way of the Psychonaut' by Stanislav Grof and 'ALLIES for AWAKENING Guidelines for productive and safe experiences with entheogens' by Ralph Metzner. If you only want to read one buy the secone one.

But as I said dont just follow the advice from other people with psychedelics I think it's very important to find your own way and to question everything for yourself. Psychedelics can teach you everything you need to know about them if you ask them, use them as your Guru.

Tim Ferriss uploaded a video today, where he presents a few books:

LSD and the Mind of the Universe by Christopher M. Bache - a professor of religious studies meticulously documents his insights from 73 high-dose LSD sessions conducted over the course of 20 years