Snader

Modafinil for Occasional Use

10 posts in this topic

When Leo introduced Modafinil in his noontropic video 2 years ago I was really inspired by the possible benefits that it could have in my life. I'm too much of an organic guy so I never gave it a shot. Now with all the tasks, hassle and responsibilities that survival-life has brought I've started to considered to start using Modafinil on some certain occasions or on some really important and mentally challenging days.

I do cognitively challenging work and I have responsibilities that depend on my focus and sharpness. I've done well and I can manage without any stimulants -- especially chemical ones -- but on some days I can have lots of mentally laboring tasks and also on top of that let's say I can have some really important meetings where I need to be sharp. Some days I'm just too exhausted that I go through those meetings with half a gas, and that really annoys me sometimes because I'm quite a perfectionist.

My attitude towards Modafinil is still NO even in this case because I don't find compensating heavy work with stimulants instead of lightening the heavy work itself  the right attitude to go in life. I respect human complexity and I wouldn't want to put my system in more stress than it can organically handle, BUT on the other hand I feel that little mental cheating here and there in the next few years of my life could really make some difference.

I would be glad to hear opinions from some of you guys, especially if you happened to have experience from using it or you have professional perspective to offer. I know that The Maestro himself is a big fan of the product but as I used the search function to read some older posts on the subject I found that there is also opposition who thinks of this stuff like I do. I'm personally mostly worried about creating a psychological addiction with it even if I used it like once or twice a month, because that extra mental clarity sounds so damn good.

Anyway I personally wouldn't encourage anyone to use it actively because a pill that strong with so positive benefits must have some sneaky negative long-term side-effects that studies can't reveal yet.

Edited by Snader

I am a fan, but actually I very rarely use it.

I think some of you guys get the wrong idea that I use it every day or every week. That's not the case.

You have to understand that I don't use any substances chronically other than vitamins. Be careful not to create chronic consumption habits with chemicals.

Then again, an occasional Modafinil is not a problem.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I think some of you guys get the wrong idea that I use it every day or every week. That's not the case.

You have to understand that I don't use any substances chronically other than vitamins.

How often do you use psychedelics by the way?

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You have to understand that I don't use any substances chronically other than vitamins. Be careful not create chronic consumption habits with chemicals.

Then again, an occasional Modafinil is not a problem.

How do you cycle it?

Just be aware it is great for working on a specific task and boosts the ability to keep focused after directing your attention, but it impairs fluid thinking, task switching, and intentional directing and re-directing of attention. It increases absorption but overall it decreases mindfulness and therefore indistractibility.

Its best quality is as a motivation booster, if that's what you want. Makes doing what you need to do "easier."

Edited by The0Self

On 3/17/2021 at 4:15 AM, Snader said:

Anyway I personally wouldn't encourage anyone to use it actively because a pill that strong with so positive benefits must have some sneaky negative long-term side-effects that studies can't reveal yet.

I have been using them since leos video and it has no long term affects as such but I can give you s suggestions if youre planning.
1. Choose your dose by starting low and stop with the dose makes your creative work done.
2. I personally use it for meditation when I go to retreat and it work phenomenal to me and also for studying and creative purpose and driving my car at nights
3. Make sure you take it 2 hrs before your actual work and eat lil also dont take too late in the afternoon as it makes you difficult falling asleep at night
4. I recommend you take modafinil 100mg for creative work. If you have Armodafinil then start with 1/4th of 150mg tab. Armod is really powerful mental work I mentioned above
1. Drink aLOT of water as you will tend to dehydrate which will cause headache.

Side effects:

On Mod:
1. I feel restless during comedown if im not doing any work. 
2. If I take without any intention then it will fuck my mind making it like a puzzle
3. Taking it late afternoon makes it difficult falling sleep
4. Cold hands and heart palpations which is okay

On Armod:

1. Same as above with more intensity

Never take it on headache please!!!! If you feel like that during the tab then rest your self ad dont work.

I always worry about headache which is why I take it only when I need

As Leo mentioned one full Armod is like micro dosing on LSD. I took it only once and I remeber what I did

7 hours ago, Vignan said:

it has no long term affects as such

With long-term I mean more like 10+ year horizon.

I appreciate the tips though!

No man, I promise you wouldn't be doing hardcore because you'll know once you're on it. You only feel like doing only when its really needed.