Eren Eeager

Can I do detox on ALA only?

35 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, integral said:

@The0Self Thanks for help, going to buy it from that shop. 

No problem! Judging from your question about the IV, you seem to be very experiment-minded... One thing I never did, but suspected may be of value (though I don't recommend it), is to take ALA + EDTA (and DMSA or DMPS)... Since ALA causes zinc buildup (and very prominent copper buildup) and EDTA causes zinc depletion, they might balance each other out, allowing you to stay on ALA longer -- since the EDTA would hypothetically enable you to dose the 4x/day zinc (to purge copper) higher and for longer before eventually, inevitably, becoming zinc and copper toxic. That's just theoretical though; not sure how many people have tried it, but maybe someone has logged it on onibasu, or maybe reddit. Probably best to just go with the tried and true though.

Definitely take the molybdenum though, as it helps with the copper control and has no penalty / risk of buildup. Even 30-50mg zinc and 1-2mg molybdenum split up into 4 divided doses per day will not be enough to prevent copper toxicity indefinitely. Avoid high copper foods such as nuts and probably most legumes. Increasing bile flow can apparently help you excrete copper as well: glycine; taurine; milk thistle; lecithin.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self The issue is, i wont know what my copper levels are at after a cycle ends and how long it will take to rebalance. In the dark. I know what my zinc levels are at all times because there are clear indicators the body gives me, but copper is a unknown. 

Also when i take molybdenum, i get a negative reaction right after, noticeable stress increase in the body. Im hoping that if molybdenum is depleted and i take the supplement it wont have that effect. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

10 minutes ago, integral said:

if molybdenum is depleted

Don't think there's anything you can do to deplete molybdenum.

@The0Self Ah ok, hmm so why take it? If its always available? 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral None of the things you take have anything to do with that. ALA actually causes zinc buildup/toxicity, and yet you take zinc on top of it, because ALA causes even worse copper toxicity, and consuming additional zinc causes copper purging. Consuming additional/excess molybdenum does the same to a lesser degree, but with no downsides, since ALA doesn't cause molybdenum buildup.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self Good stuff, ok thanks again. Got my shot gun ready and everything. Just in case. All set to go. 

@integral Hey.  Just thought I'd mention if someone hasn't already said it:  do not do chelating without first making sure you have no amalgam fillings in your teethApparently you can fuck yourself over a lot if you do and have to get specific types of x-rays done and checked by a dentist who knows what he's looking for. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

7 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

do not do chelating without first making sure you have no amalgam fillings in your teeth

Yeah this is absolutely crucial lol

On 06/04/2021 at 1:53 AM, The0Self said:

If you have any unacceptable level of fatigue, brain fog, headache, malaise, or malady of any kind whatsoever, you could easily benefit from chelation, since in a capitalist society, corners will be cut by corporations and some level of lead, arsenic, and mercury will end up in your body -- often not very much, luckily. And it's very difficult to test for toxicity objectively -- hair tests, etc are unreliable and don't reflect bone and brain content.

But... it's a pretty easy test to see if you're toxic: Commit to a 72+ hour (better 96++ hour) cycle of steady ALA dosing e3h. If you feel like you're about to drop dead due to taking a low dose of this simple OTC supplement, congratulations, you have mercury toxicity.

hmm, I couldn't agree less with you. In another post you said you MUST NOT take ALA if you have a risk of mercury toxicity. Now, imagine based on what you said folks starting to load on these things. How many of them will end up harming themselves. I see few problems with this type of approach: 

1. you're ignoring the bigger picture - from my experience, most people who are chronically fatigued can reverse it by optimising their lifestyle & diet, I've seen it happen time and time again. If people assume straight away, they are toxic, all the more obvious simpler solutions (e.g. eat more complex carbs, get your iron checked, eat more protein, fix your sleep, stop abusing stimulants) are thrown out of the window straight away. It becomes the "what stuff can I take to make me feel better -> green pharmacy is still a pharmacological mindset"

2. It creates a mindset that everybody who experiences mild health problems is toxic which clearly isn't the case. 

3. loading yourself with ALA and other supplements like DMSA etc. is not detoxification. Chelation does not equal detoxification. If you have not prepared your elimination channels (gut, liver kidneys) for the shitstorm that's about to come up and are a guy with zero to none nutritional, biochemical, anathomical & physiological knowledge you could severely harm yourself. 

I see a lot of problems with folks jumping into these protocols without proper background knowledge and guidance. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 No contradiction.  Problem is taking one dose; not a whole 4 days.

If you aren’t mercury toxic, it will be an uneventful 4 days. If you are though, good thing you found out what the problem was. How much longer would they have spent wasting their time; thank god they finally found it; etc

Edited by The0Self

6 minutes ago, The0Self said:

If you aren’t mercury toxic, it will be an uneventful 4 days. If you are though, good thing you found out what the problem was. How much longer would they have spent wasting their time; thank god they finally found it; etc

so you would, after a single dose, be able to tell based on symptoms whether somebody has mercury toxicity problems or not? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Earlier I consumed some flax seeds. 

I just looked on the packet & it says "ALA, Source of omega 3"

WTF ? 

I don't want to untintentionally consume ALA. Why has it got ALA. 

Also it says "100% organic flaxseeds .. but may also contain sesame seeds, peanuts". 

So annoying. I can't eat sesame. 

I'm just going to have to go carnivore diet & couple veg because it's too complicated.

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

so you would, after a single dose, be able to tell based on symptoms whether somebody has mercury toxicity problems or not? 

No, but there's the potential for a "dead-giveaway" moment. If that doesn't happen, it may or may not be a problem -- probably isn't, truth be told. But...if it causes mercury redistribution symptoms so intense, the individual contemplates calling themselves an ambulance? Well, at least they found the problem.

In reality it is probably not much of a problem unless they had amalgams in the past. It's just good to know there is in fact a way to get the metal out safely, if one decides that's a route they want to try.

37 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

Earlier I consumed some flax seeds. 

I just looked on the packet & it says "ALA, Source of omega 3"

WTF ? 

I don't want to untintentionally consume ALA. Why has it got ALA. 

Also it says "100% organic flaxseeds .. but may also contain sesame seeds, peanuts". 

So annoying. I can't eat sesame. 

I'm just going to have to go carnivore diet & couple veg because it's too complicated.

Lol don't worry -- that's a different ALA. Alpha linolenic acid -- "omega 3." The chelator/intracellular-antioxidant is alpha lipoic acid / thioctic acid.

Edited by The0Self

On 4/3/2021 at 0:33 PM, The0Self said:

1. Ingestion of an ineffective/partial (single-thiol) chelator (penicillamine/cysteine) or cilantro/chlorella.

Why is penicillamine ineffective ? I'm talking with a doctor about this substance. Very little info about it available. Please share what you know. Thanks!