Sid X

How to start actualized.org?

8 posts in this topic

I want to start a personal development channel just like actualized.org, but in Chinese, for people in China. What are the essential components in doing this? I want to hear some ideas from you.

@Sid X I would say take your favorite books, make notes, get a decent camera/audio/lighting gear, and then make some videos examining the topics you find to be of use. What are some insights you've found on your personal development journey that reduce suffering, and would be of use for others to know? 

Connect with us here:

https://linktr.ee/focusshiftmedia

When it comes to "Growing Up" I think your best bet would be to start at the Spiral stage that most Chinese people are at. If Chinese society is at Stage Blue, begin by talking about Stage Blue personal development to attract a crowd and then slowly begin talking about Stage Orange ideas as you move forward. Keep the information authentic to yourself, but understand that playing the long game means starting at a lower level and showing people a roadmap up the Spiral. 

When it comes to topics of "Waking Up" definitely frame it within the context of spiritual beliefs they would be most familiar with, but again, sprinkle in some contradictory information from other traditions to begin opening up their minds to other forms of practice.

Overall, my point is that you have to figure out who your target audience is, where they currently are, and a rough idea of where you want to take them. Then, meet them where they are and begin guiding them in the direction you would like to go yourself. 

Everything will be similar. Just different language, culture, religion etc.

Like for eg, most people in China do not really know who is Martin Luther King or Napoleon Hill so you cannot go straight into the topics. You have to provide their background first or you provide other examples.

Beware of trademarks and of insulting people because you can get sued.

Edited by hyruga

Is your plan to be Leo's traslator? I think there are better ways to approach this.

Create a vision. We cant tell you what to do. Thats your job. Have you bought the LP course?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

If you want to have what Leo has, do what Leo has done.

Gain total financial independence through another business BEFORE starting your personal development channel, become physically fit, become socially confident. Then go read 500 books and synthesize the lessons within them, from scratch.

@Sid X Be yourself. Be original. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"