SS10

Harry, Megan & Piers Morgan Saga

82 posts in this topic

Everyone is a racist to some degree. Failing to see this is self deception or denial.

Saying that Everyone is a racist to some degree is not normalizing racism. It is understanding it. It is acknowledging that it is an intrinsic part of being a human being. It is self acceptance and self love.

Arc

Please be nuanced. 

You could be defending some really horrible acts with that statement very much like an enabler. 

Beware of the self deception where you begin to normalize hurting someone else. 

Here it's about radical acceptance of one's own devilry and owning it and changing it rather than telling others to accept something harmful. 

You can't preach self love by beating someone with a stick. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

By saying "everyone is racist" not only are you making a false strawman but really allowing to perpetuate racism. 

We cannot normalize murder because many people do it. There are punishments for it. 

Racism is also a form of social evil that shouldnt have any excuses. 

You could have easily used the same logic in colonial times by saying "everyone is owning a slave, what could go wrong?" 

This justification is extremely dangerous and doesn't stop racism but perpetuates it. 

Being racist is not an intrinsic part of being human.

This justification is totally wrong and unhealthy and disparages people. 

You could have defended homophobia in the same breath. 

Take ownership of your fucked up conservative values once in a while. 

Edited by Preety_India

Justifications like these is why cancel culture exists in the first place and for good reason 

58 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Being racist is not an intrinsic part of being human.

Well that's your perspective. I don't see anyone denying it except for you.

Time to accept reality and move on: We are all racists to some degree.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Here it's about radical acceptance of one's own devilry and owning it and changing it rather than telling others to accept something harmful. 

Exactly I accept the fact that I am a racist (to some degree). There is no devilry here, it's human nature to be racist (remember, to some degree)

@Preety_India Do you think you are a racist?

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Take ownership of your fucked up conservative values once in a while. 

LOL! Me? Conservative? Good one hahahah!

34 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

Well that's your perspective. I don't see anyone denying it except for you.

Time to accept reality and move on: We are all racists to some degree.

Exactly I accept the fact that I am a racist (to some degree). There is no devilry here, it's human nature to be racist (remember, to some degree)

@Preety_India Do you think you are a racist?

I am not a racist. I don't like racism. 

You're missing the point. 

Why are you justifying racism? 

So you are racist to everyone on a daily basis? And when someone is being racist to another, do you simply watch and defend and stand on the side of the racist? 

While, I am sure that there is some inherent racism within the royal family, my parents and I think that Meghan Markle is really blowing this issue way out of proportion. She's probably lying for the most part because she just wants more attention.

26 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

She's probably lying for the most part because she just wants more attention.

I'm just an ignorant norseman, but is there a particular reason why she specifically would want more attention?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

Work on your attitude toward racism. It's very unhealthy. 

You are the only one denying it. You are the one with the problem.

@Arcangelo go  Mainstream with your views..then let's see if I'm the only one. 

Hahaha. 

Well here at actualized.org you are the only one denying it. You are the one with the problem. I don't see any of the other posters denying the simple fact that everyone is a racist to some degree.

Arc

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I never had such a feeling. Racism is a deep issue. I never remember being racist to anyone in my life. 

Not everyone thinks in racist ways.. 

In fact I was the victim of racist hate attacks several times in my life both online and offline. 

I faced a lot of racism for being Indian that I'm not comfortable talking about. 

That's why I understand how racism feels. It's a deep issue 

I'm sorry for what happened to you but I think that you repressed your racism because of it. 

It's good to read a definition of racism for the beginning because it's not just discrimination or antagonism its also prejudice. 

Racism

-prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism by an individual, community, or institution against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

"a programme to combat racism"

-the belief that different races possess distinct characteristics, abilities, or qualities, especially so as to distinguish them as inferior or superior to one another.

I remember you saying something like Indians are more spirituality developed people. 

That automatically means that everyone outside of India is less spirituality developed. 

If you have that in your subconsciousness it can affect your behavior in a negative way when you interact with foreigners. 

You are not a bad person for having that belief it seems to be part of the human experience. But if you repress it, it could effect you subconsciously without you even realizing it. 

Lets say for an example that one day you see an Indian person begging for money and because you are spiritually developed you empathize with them and realize that they need it more so you give them some. Then the next day you see a foreigner begging and your subconscious tells you that foreigners are less spiritually developed and that they wouldn't give it to you if they were in your place and that stops your empathizing so you just keep walking. 

4 hours ago, Arcangelo said:

You aren't just "a conservative" I bet you have some progressive ideas.

But the Overton is moving up the spiral so your orange libertarian ideas are now becoming conservative. 

@Opo there was absolutely nothing racist about it. 

Some cultures are good at certain things. 

This whole forum speaks about 99% Indian spiritual concepts. So I'm not off the mark. 

Yoga, meditation, non duality, advaita, are all Indian concepts.. 

But saying this is not called racism. It's about pointing a good thing in a group of people. 

I can say black people are more muscular, athletic, and good at dance and music. In this process, I am praising black people, not putting them down. 

Similarly I can say white people are good at running a business or Japanese are good at technology.. Absolutely nothing racist about it. 

Racism is when you imply that a person is to be considered inferior because of their skin color and discriminating against them. 

In the context of the example above, The Royal family thought that the child Archie did not have the right skin color to be a prince. They also decided to abort his security and title because of his skin color. That's blatant racism.. 

First learn what racism means. 

Calling someone the N word is racist. 

Appreciating your own culture or another culture is not called racism. 

So if the family says Prince Harry is handsome then does not mean anyone who doesn't look like Harry is ugly. 

You take things out of context. 

So if tomorrow your country people are good at music and I say that you make good music or I get better coffee in your country, is that racist or is it appreciation? 

Appreciation can be for self or for others. 

I can say Americans are financially wealthier than Indians. There was nothing racist in this. 

But saying that someone's skin color is a problem is definitely racist because in reality skin colour has nothing to do with anything unless we are going to use it as a parameter to decide Superiority or inferiority. 

Remember that when you're racist to a non white or black person, you're specifically taking out aspects of their culture and deeming it to be inferior or derogatory. 

When do I become racist? 

If I had said something like white people are inferior or used derogatory language to define white people, sure in that case I'm easily being racist. 

But appreciating parts of my culture has nothing to do with my skin color . It's the achievements of our culture. Russians are good at gymnastics. That's their achievements. Africans are good at music. That's their achievement. Koreans are good at recipes. That's their cultural  achievements. French are good at poetry and literature. Indians are good at spirituality. 

Absolutely nothing racist about appreciating things that stands out in a culture. 

If you want to misrepresent something as racism, that's because you want to prove that I'm racist in some manner to win the argument and that means you will pick anything I say and take it out of context and put a racist meaning to it because that's your agenda. 

There is nothing wrong if I said the royal family is racist because it's built on the very roots of Imperialism  Colonialism and Racism. So hardly a misrepresentation. Plus this is not taking them out of context. 

Because if they weren't racist, they would have released a statement giving the title to Archie. Or declared that no rights will be taken away from Archie.. But they didn't do that.. 

They are doing exactly what racists usually do, they deny racism instead of accepting what they did is racist. 

Their actions don't match their words. Because they weren't racist, then why the discrimination against Archie'

Edited by Preety_India

19 minutes ago, Opo said:

You aren't just "a conservative" I bet you have some progressive ideas.

But the Overton is moving up the spiral so your orange libertarian ideas are now becoming conservative. 

You know what. By your logic, even slavery is a conservative concept especially during the Colonial Era. Today it's a crime. 

So don't sugarcoat it 

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Opo

Racism is when you imply that a person is to be considered inferior because of their skin color and discriminating against them. 

If you're gonna imagine definitions that suit you this won't go anywhere productive. 

2 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Opo

First learn what racism means. 

@Opo no these are not imagined. Go out in the real world and see real examples instead of lecturing me 

No point in arguing with you because you just want to justify racism.