Enizeo

Opinions On Teal Swan

123 posts in this topic

@asgard94

What you could try to do, is figure out what it is exactly that's getting you all riled up. What are you projecting onto Teal Swan and others like her that you are then judging? I suspect there's some core belief that is trying to get your attention. Once you get rid of it, you'll be able to respond to these kinds of topics without being upset at all. 

Getting upset is always a signal to be mindful and follow your feelings. Use the mirror, don't break it, as they say. 

5 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

Then I believe Leo Guras anger-expressions are also flawed, and I believe there is no problem for you to go with it, when he makes sense. . . ! Yet you said you can't be bothered enough... so I am not sure why you bother with Teal? :D

I struggle with judging myself when I get angry but I am working on it. I would rather not feel judged, and not judge myself thereby. Leo's video on anger hurt my feelings and if you look at the top comments, a lot of other people's who were clearly upset when they watched the video and only became more upset. 

I understand that maybe this is his way of segmenting his audience by separating out those people who struggle with anger. But then it creates this 'Us vs. Them' mentality that doesn't necessarily espouse unconditional love and acceptance, two things I have found essential to my own healing and progress as a human being. I know that Leo espouses this idea of tough love, but the problem is, many people who struggle with anger have had TOO MUCH tough love and they have learned to be critical of themselves and others to the detriment to themselves and their relationships. They don't need to be judged for feeling angry. They just don't. It's a slap in the face.

Judging feelings or experiences never helps anyone and especially the person who is thinking that. It just means that person who is doing the judging, is in pain himself cause they cannot live outside their own judgements.

17 minutes ago, turkeysub3000 said:

I would rather not feel judged, and not judge myself thereby.

You will see as if by MAGIC, the moment you stopped, completely stopped judging anything at all, you will not be judged any longer :) 

That right there is your ticket to freedom. Try it on a day by day basis with little things first, than with bigger ones, until you are free and happy :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

2 minutes ago, Anicko said:

@asgard94

What you could try to do, is figure out what it is exactly that's getting you all riled up. What are you projecting onto Teal Swan and others like her that you are then judging? I suspect there's some core belief that is trying to get your attention. Once you get rid of it, you'll be able to respond to these kinds of topics without being upset at all. 

Getting upset is always a signal to be mindful and follow your feelings. Use the mirror, don't break it, as they say. 

I believe it is my desire for intellectual superiority together combined with the comfortable reality where science makes an ultimate promise that nothing can defy the laws of nature. For example, if one claims that he has extra sensory powers, this literally means extra sensory powers exist, while there is absolutely no scientifically examined, valid proof of its existence. That would either mean us, the scientists did not detect something we should have, or the other person is simply a liar makes up fairy tales. Thereby I will naturally demand proof for such claims. If there is no proof presented, this person should be called "pseudo-scientific'. . . So that sums it up for me. I admit science can not explain or know everything. However, that gives NO ONE the right to make up things without evidence.. Because that harms the society, harms the general perspective of the universe which we so desperately try to understand as it truly is.

9 minutes ago, Dhana Choko said:

Judging feelings or experiences never helps anyone and especially the person who is thinking that. It just means that person who is doing the judging, is in pain himself cause they cannot live outside their own judgements.

Tell that to Leo Gura

18 minutes ago, Ayla said:

You will see as if by MAGIC, they moment you stopped, completely stopped judging anything at all, you will not be judged any longer :) 

That right there is your ticket to freedom. Try it on a day by day basis with little things first, than with bigger ones, until you are free and happy :) 

By that argument, Leo should lovingly take the video on anger down.

I am human. Like any other being on this planet, I make value judgments for the sake of survival. Judgment is essentially inescapable, one can simply filter the types of judgments they make. 

I came to this forum because I feel upset for the people who are enduring pain, and all they want is to figure out where their anger comes from and to try and stop it at the source, and right out the gate, Gura JUDGES them harshly and negatively. I feel love for those people because I know what it's like to be angry. It's not fun, and it's an emotion that can be highly volatile and reactive. It requires a sensitivity that Leo acknowledges he does not have the experience nor the credentials to address. If he was a psychologist, he would have his license revoked for saying such nasty things to people of whose lives he knows NOTHING about.

Edited by turkeysub3000

@turkeysub3000 ,

I do have a Psychology degree, I also worked (in real life as opposed to hotline) with suicidal people AND I have a close member of my own family that committed suicide. I have probably been as angry as you are right now until it completely exhausted me. It is from that place that I finally understood that my anger was all that was keeping me from being happy and helping other people from a place of love and acceptance. 

Start with yourself. Make yourself what you want to see around you. :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

12 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

I believe it is my desire for intellectual superiority together combined with the comfortable reality where science makes an ultimate promise that nothing can defy the laws of nature. For example, if one claims that he has extra sensory powers, this literally means extra sensory powers exist, while there is absolutely no scientifically examined, valid proof of its existence. That would either mean us, the scientists did not detect something we should have, or the other person is simply a liar makes up fairy tales. Thereby I will naturally demand proof for such claims. If there is no proof presented, this person should be called "pseudo-scientific'. . . So that sums it up for me. I admit science can not explain or know everything. However, that gives NO ONE the right to make up things without evidence.. Because that harms the society, harms the general perspective of the universe which we so desperately try to understand as it truly is.

Just because someone claims to have evidence does not make their statement true. A "real" scientist can make claims that are later proven false. It happens all the time! Evidence is hardly ever purely perfect. 

There are things that simply can not be known unless you experience it personally. Why do you care what anyone else believes? And if it's because they are trying to force it on you, you ignore it. You walk away. It has no power over you if it is truly false. You can't deny truth, ultimately, so, again, why do you care what others believe? Their experience is not yours to worry about. 

I also find a lot of value in what she talks about, and agree that her past, much like our own, is irrelevant.  It's like anything else, if you take away a helpful tidbit, then it's helpful, period. 

10 minutes ago, Ayla said:

@turkeysub3000 ,

I do have a Psychology degree, I also worked (in real life as opposed to hotline) with suicidal people AND I have a close member of my own family that committed suicide. I have probably been as angry as you are right now until it completely exhausted me. It is from that place that I finally understood that my anger was all that was keeping me from being happy and helping other people from a place of love and acceptance. 

Start with yourself. Make yourself what you want to see around you. :)

Then why are you enabling Leo to judge other people?

It's one thing if Mr. Gura was a comedian or an aerospace engineer-- saying judgmental things like that, I and others would not take offense because the intentions are inherently different. But as someone who feels its his mission to help other people improve their lives, he needs to acknowledge where that judgment is his own anger and OWN IT. His microexpressions at the beginning of the video and his intonation are pure indications of anger and disgust-- ask any CIA agent who regularly has to interrogate witnesses. 

He essentially says, "I'm an angry person, but I don't understand anger largely because I see it in other people and it disgusts me, and you are a dick and a loser if you have issues with anger."

By that logic, he is judging HIMSELF and he is angry with HIMSELF. 

Not someone whose advice I want to validate, and, in that vein of things, it is hard to validate your statements when you'd rather make judgments about what I need to do to be happier(judgment). You come across like the Catholic Church during the Holocaust.

Edited by turkeysub3000

Just now, turkeysub3000 said:

Then why are you enabling Leo to judge other people?

Because there is no judgement in me, I do not see it in others either. 

Not even in you. I do however see you are reacting to a deep wound that is coming up somehow when seeing Leo's videos. What I mean by that, is: 

Imagine you have a bad open wound on your right hand. If someone only breathes on it, you're going to badly hurt. (this is where you are right now). There's no wound on the left arm. Someone can even slap you on it, and it will not do anything to you. (this is where I am) 

Now I would like to ask you to leave this post to its original purpose: Teal Swan. 

Thank you :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

14 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Because there is no judgement in me, I do not see it in others either. 

Not even in you. I do however see you are reacting to a deep wound that is coming up somehow when seeing Leo's videos. What I mean by that, is: 

Imagine you have a bad open wound on your right hand. If someone only breathes on it, you're going to badly hurt. (this is where you are right now). There's no wound on the left arm. Someone can even slap you on it, and it will not do anything to you. (this is where I am) 

Now I would like to ask you to leave this post to its original purpose: Teal Swan. 

Thank you :) 

Calling me wounded is a judgment, so there is no way you can say that you do not judge. And it's not like I haven't figured that out and do my best to work on myself. I have gone to workshops, a therapist, maintain a solid network of supportive friends, I seek to rid myself of toxic influence and work to validate my own feelings before seeking to discredit the actions of others.

Just because you are right doesn't mean you haven't rendered judgment here. Just because you are exercising unconditional positive regard doesn't mean you do not judge me, yourself, and others.

The focus here is on reducing harm. When a psychologist or any other health care provider for that matter takes the Hippocratic oath, they state that they will not knowingly harm others.

Clearly, Leo is absolved of this because he is a Life Coach. Not a trained, licensed Psychologist. 

If you wanted to advocate for less negative judgment, you would advocate for the removal of his video on anger because it is hurtful. 

Edited by turkeysub3000

You don't have to agree with Leo on everything or anything at all. That is fine. 

If find it deliciously ironic that angry people, who hurt others with their anger, get angry at me, and complain about hurt feelings, when I use mock anger to slap them awake.

Lol

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just looked one of her videos and I think it would be the only and last one for me.

She looks very phony to me, some flashy moving lights were added to background that hurt my eyes and she talked bullshit what (I suppose) she has read somewhere. It looked like she don't believe what she talked about.

I suppose that sometimes she could provide something useful, but I don't think it would pay to filter all that jazz.

@asgard94 Badass haha :D 

@Leo Gura I highly believe that your approach still does work. Let them chimp. Sometimes pain is the best medicine. Sometimes that's how it works with unconscious people with victim mentality.

@Time Traveler What video did you watch? 

23 minutes ago, The Son said:

@Time Traveler What video did you watch? 

something about discovering root cause of all problems, really hurt my eyes ;)

Edited by Time Traveler

I'll be joining her synchronization workshop in Prague, May 14th. Tickets are pretty cheap.

If someone wants to meet up there let me know. I'd be happy to meet you there. :)