Enizeo

Opinions On Teal Swan

123 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, asgard94 said:

Leo is the way he is because he is a logical and a skeptical person. It is important to be skeptical and analytical about all subjects because most of the concepts and beliefs are just total crap. Needs some line of logic going on. Teal Swan, on the other hand claims that she has some super natural powers, which is complete BULLSH*T, and she is using that as an attention element. There are no "super natural" things in the universe. The universe  is governed by the laws of physics and mathematics. Some people don't understand that, because they're plain stupid. So they believe in pseudo-scientific ideas. 

I honestly don't watch her videos on things like Astral Projection. 

Calling someone a dick and a loser for having anger as Leo has is meeting anger with anger and is an outright refusal to accept things as they are. It is not cold logic and skepticism, it is an act of aggression, a suicidal attempt to have his need  met of having his ideas subscribed to. 

Like I said, I don't venture in to some of the more esoteric spiritual practices that she espouses. Her videos on more basic psychological concepts are pretty insightful, but it sounds to me like people on your side of opinion would like to throw the baby out with the bathwater and completely invalidate her point of view. That suggests your feelings, ideas, and emotions were invalidated a lot when you were growing up, and you may want to examine that hurt child inside you when you are ready. 

I don't need to feel judged unfairly by a man I barely know, particularly a man who thinks he is helping people to become actualized and enlightened. The Buddha lived compassion and love, and to talk the talk you have to walk the walk. 

1 minute ago, turkeysub3000 said:

I honestly don't watch her videos on things like Astral Projection. 

Calling someone a dick and a loser for having anger as Leo has is meeting anger with anger and is an outright refusal to accept things as they are. It is not cold logic and skepticism, it is an act of aggression, a suicidal attempt to have his need  met of having his ideas subscribed to. 

Like I said, I don't venture in to some of the more esoteric spiritual practices that she espouses. Her videos on more basic psychological concepts are pretty insightful, but it sounds to me like people on your side of opinion would like to throw the baby out with the bathwater and completely invalidate her point of view. That suggests your feelings, ideas, and emotions were invalidated a lot when you were growing up, and you may want to examine that hurt child inside you when you are ready. 

I don't need to feel judged unfairly by a man I barely know, particularly a man who thinks he is helping people to become actualized and enlightened. The Buddha lived compassion and love, and to talk the talk you have to walk the walk. 

If you feel that an angry person is a more serious problem than someone who preaches pseudo-science, then you need to double check your logic & reason..

1 minute ago, turkeysub3000 said:

I don't need to feel judged unfairly by a man I barely know,

Why are YOU doing that with Leo then? ;) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

I subscribe to her videos and usually get some good information from her. I take what I can from it and leave the rest. I don't judge her or her beliefs. I would listen to the cookie monster talk if I got useful information from him :D.

1 minute ago, Ayla said:

Why are YOU doing that with Leo then? ;) 

Because he is a persona whose apparent intention is to help other people. He wants comments and constructive criticism for the sake of helping to improve his approach in helping others. Maybe his calling people a dick and a loser wasn't out of malintent, but that doesn't somehow absolve him of responsibility. Those are inflammatory, ad hominem statements that do not reflect someone who is loving and cares about the person on the other end of the video. 

I work on a suicide and crisis hotline and I can tell you that you will NEVER get a person to calm their anger by calling them names. You empathize, you put yourself in THEIR shoes, you feel the feelings with them, and you use your vocal tones to calm them back into a state of allowing. If they can't get there and they are getting angry with you, you tell them you don't appreciate being treated like that and you tell them to call back and you hang up. 

6 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

If you feel that an angry person is a more serious problem than someone who preaches pseudo-science, then you need to double check your logic & reason..

They are likely one in the same. 

A person preaching lies and beliefs may simply be disbelieved, and probably laughed at, to be disempowered. 

When disempowered, they likely become angry. 

When angry, they can become threatening if you don't know how to disengage. 

Of course, I could pile on tons of scenarios here, but surely you see what I mean. 

There are more layers to it than you assume. It's better to double check your own logic and reasoning before you judge someone else. 

13 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

Double checking...

I took the time to address the points you made, whereas you seem to think strawmanning and cherrypicking somehow equivocates logic and reason. Lawdy!

Just now, Anicko said:

It's better to double check your own logic and reasoning before you judge someone else. 

yes I agree with that for sure. Judgement has hidden reasons within itself. I definitely need to chill down a little. I probably sound like a soviet dictator at a point.

@turkeysub3000 ,

So you do not agree with Leo's way of making some points. That is perfectly fine, even though I don't agree with you there, I would not even think of saying that you are not being appropriate. I would give you space for being yourself, allow for your own style to manifest. (especially if I was on your own forum :D ) 

Anyway, let's not hijack this post as it is not about Leo, but about Teal :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

1 minute ago, Ayla said:

@turkeysub3000 ,

So you do not agree with Leo's way of making some points. That is perfectly fine, even though I don't agree with you there, I would not even think of saying that you are not being appropriate. I would give you space for being yourself, allow for your own style to manifest. (especially if I was on your own forum :D ) 

Anyway, let's not hijack this post as it is not about Leo, but about Teal :) 

Tell me why you don't agree? Why should he be absolved of calling people dicks and losers for having anger? Is it because you are a moderator on his forum and are currently experiencing cognitive dissonance of wanting to 'validate' my point of view whilst simultaneously not ruffling the feathers of Mr. Gura and his community of avid followers? And suppose that's the case, is the fear that you will be judged and ostracized for speaking out against his policy that to get someone to change, you need to berate them?

Seriously, how is his video on anger in any way fair? How is judging someone teaching them not to judge and not to be upset? Perhaps by non-example than example, in which case, Gura should be the Judah you spit on and not the Jesus you praise. 

Teal Swan doesn't do that. Maybe she's a little too 'fairies and unicorns,' but I've seen plenty of people on this forum say they take what they need and leave the rest. I do the same. But I just can't be bothered with a man who does not practice what he preaches. 

3 minutes ago, turkeysub3000 said:

Tell me why you don't agree? Why should he be absolved of calling people dicks and losers for having anger? Is it because you are a moderator on his forum and are currently experiencing cognitive dissonance of wanting to 'validate' my point of view whilst simultaneously not ruffling the feathers of Mr. Gura and his community of avid followers? And suppose that's the case, is the fear that you will be judged and ostracized for speaking out against his policy that to get someone to change, you need to berate them?

Seriously, how is his video on anger in any way fair? How is judging someone teaching them not to judge and not to be upset? Perhaps by non-example than example, in which case, Gura should be the Judah you spit on and not the Jesus you praise. 

Teal Swan doesn't do that. Maybe she's a little too 'fairies and unicorns,' but I've seen plenty of people on this forum say they take what they need and leave the rest. I do the same. But I just can't be bothered with a man who does not practice what he preaches. 

So you are saying that teal swan has a correct understanding of the universe because she practices what she preaches? That statement sounds to me a bit emotional. That does not change the fact that she is known to claim she possesses super natural powers, which we know does not exist. So her claims are literally false.. That is one serious flaw in her reasoning. And yet with Leo Gura the case is completely the opposite. The man is as logical as he can possibly be. I am still to this day, actively trying to break down his philosophy and trying to find logical flaws in it, but I have failed to do so. Therefore I should say I bow before Leo and give him the way.  For I know that man does not fuck around.

3 minutes ago, turkeysub3000 said:

Tell me why you don't agree?

From where I stand, just the fact that this is taking place in reality, is a valid enough point for me not to resist or judge it. :) 

I personally give space for any and all manifestation of consciousness. 

There is no more attachment here and thus no fear left. 

I also wonder, if you have these strong emotions coming up in Leo's regards, why have you signed up to this Forum? Having been here from the beginning, I can honestly tell you that people are here to help and support each other, which is where the real value stands. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

2 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

So her claims are literally false..

Can you ABSOLUTELY KNOW that her claims are false? Have you tried to allow the possibility that her claims are true? 

Let's go one step further: let's say they are not true. Wouldn't YOU feel better and lighter to allow for the possibility, instead of pushing against such ideas? :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Just now, asgard94 said:

So you are saying that teal swan has a correct understanding of the universe because she practices what she preaches? That statement sounds to me a bit emotional. That does not change the fact that she is known to claim she possesses super natural powers, which we know does not exist. So her claims are literally false.. That is one serious flaw in her reasoning. And yet with Leo Gura the case is completely the opposite. The man is as logical as he can possibly be. I am still to this day, actively trying to break down his philosophy and trying to find logical flaws in it, but I have failed to do so. Therefore I should say I bow before Leo and give him the way.  For I know that man does not fuck around.

No! Where did I say that? Stop resorting to Straw Man arguments and then telling me I lack logical facility--it communicates your dire need to feel superior, and that's not the point of discussion. Her understanding of the universe is inherently flawed, and I have no qualms about it--but when she makes sense, I go with it. No one is going to have a monopoly on logic and understanding of everything. Including you--who seems to think that logic and reasoning are the only things that SHOULD govern human interaction, when clearly it can be observed from any corner of the universe--especially if you are brave enough to look in the mirror--that emotions govern opinions. The Hagakure says, 'We make our logic and reasoning according to what we like,' You are no different, sir. Neither Mr. Gura.

4 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Can you ABSOLUTELY KNOW that her claims are false? Have you tried to allow the possibility that her claims are true? 

Let's go one step further: let's say they are not true. Wouldn't YOU feel better and lighter to allow for the possibility, instead of pushing against such ideas? :) 

Well yes I suppose I could make some space for that possibility. OVER MY DEAD BODY!!! :) I slay UFO's, angels, demons, dwarfs, elves, big-foots and some other things... Including anything that presents itself as something above the laws of nature.. 

Just now, asgard94 said:

Well yes I suppose I could make some space for that possibility. OVER MY DEAD BODY!!! :) I slay UFO's, angels, demons, dwarfs, elves, big-foots and some other things... Including anything that presents itself as something above the laws of nature.. 

That's OK. Just notice that nobody else will suffer from your view on it, except of course yourself. You will remain angry and bitter and stuck in a place than does not feel like love, but like nonacceptance. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just pointing you to notice how bad it feels inside of you, to hold this kind of emotions. 

:) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

8 minutes ago, turkeysub3000 said:

Her understanding of the universe is inherently flawed, and I have no qualms about it--but when she makes sense, I go with it. 

Then I believe Leo Guras anger-expressions are also flawed, and I believe there is no problem for you to go with it, when he makes sense. . . ! Yet you said you can't be bothered enough... so I am not sure why you bother with Teal? :D

Honestly, I agree with @turkeysub3000. If you look at the situation unbiasedly which can be difficult after watching Leo's videos, feel like you are part of the community on his forum, and feel like the man has honestly helped you. Which in A LOT of ways he's helped all of us and I for one am extremely grateful. That being said he has hundreds of hours of video uploaded online, what are the odds he can slip up? I think Leo wouldn't take offense to constructive criticism, but he can speak for himself.

When things go wrong in your perspective, remember it's not about you ?

2 minutes ago, Ayla said:

That's OK. Just notice that nobody else will suffer from your view on it, except of course yourself. You will remain angry and bitter and stuck in a place than does not feel like love, but like nonacceptance. Nothing wrong with that. I'm just pointing you to notice how bad it feels inside of you, to hold this kind of emotions. 

:) 

Yes I agree I need to relax a little bit... I am working on it.. 

21 minutes ago, asgard94 said:

That does not change the fact that she is known to claim she possesses super natural powers, which we know does not exist. So her claims are literally false..

I would like to recommend this video. I think there's still a lot we don't know. It's hard to say we know anything for sure :D

When things go wrong in your perspective, remember it's not about you ?