Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhatAWondefulWorld

Subject versus Object

12 posts in this topic

Can you guys explain this duality deeply to me? And is it true that it doesnt actually exist?

4 minutes ago, WhatAWondefulWorld said:

Can you guys explain this duality deeply to me? And is it true that it doesnt actually exist?

ultimately there's just the absolute subject - you are that. 

you watch the movie. the movie has a character living in a world. but you watch the movie which is character+the world as one.

the POV experience of the subject looking at objects is known subjectively. you are this knower - ultimate subject. singular. one which unites the rest into one thing: MOVIE (character+the world) as opposed to two things: character AND/IN the world.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

If you look in the mirror at yourself who do you see? Who is doing the looking? Is it really you (subject) looking at the mirror (object), or is it really the mirror looking at you?

When you look at your feet, is that you (subject) or just flesh and bones (object)? Are you your body?

When you (subject) notice yourself having bad thoughts (object), are the thoughts you or not?

Are you (subject) separate from yourself (object)?

All stories and explanations are false.

You can only ever experience/perceive yourself. You can never experience or perceive something which is not you. But, that YOU in the absolute sense is BRAHMAN/GOD/CONSCIOUSNESS/REALITY.

Everyone has trouble in this area because the "ME" experiences from self centered perception.

It's not that there isn't apparent separation between objects...

It's that the sense of "ME" within the body that believes "I am here and everything else is out there" is an illusion!

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The sense that there is outside that is not illusionary is illusionary, chose what fits you better. :D 

There only is one subject and it is all the objects. The entire existence is it. 

Where do you draw the line between the subject and the object?

Seriously, contemplate this.

What is an object, if not a conceptual perception within the subject? Nothing. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

9 hours ago, SamueLSD said:

Where do you draw the line between the subject and the object?

Seriously, contemplate this.

What is an object, if not a conceptual perception within the subject? Nothing. 

True, and yet on the other hand, I can't find the subject when I look for it, to draw a line. I can find the thought of subject/object, that's about it. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

@snowyowl

5 hours ago, snowyowl said:

True, and yet on the other hand, I can't find the subject when I look for it, to draw a line. I can find the thought of subject/object, that's about it. 

Thanks that helped me shift my perspective

11 hours ago, snowyowl said:

Yep. 'Subject' implies there is an object ( duality ). There is neither, they are just thoughts.

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”