Schahin

Best non psychedelic method to raise consciousness

18 posts in this topic

Hello dear people, 

I discovered two great methods (both are actually from Master Ramana Maharishi) to be aware of awareness. 

What is great about ramana Maharishi is his simplicity, no great learning and doing is initially needed although he says that that is quite useful too but just something very simple and that is to always keep your awareness on the self. 

That might sound too simple but it's actually it. Just remain always aware of the self non stop like flowing water. I have been practicing that with great achievements already, of course in order to be successful at it silence and humility are helpful but these automatically develop while being aware of the self. 

Another of his teachings I combine with this method is surrendering to God which is simple. By saying the folowing: not me but God. Which Basically means that you (ego is not what is of importance but God is) eventually that leads to self-realization. 

@Schahin hey! 

I wanted to ask you your opinion on this talk. How did you know you were disciplined enough to start meditating?

Stay cool & dry.

Before meeting Ramana, Papaji practiced mantra recitation for 20 years. He had had spiritual experiences where Krishna would come to him and they would talk etc. He was one of those people that Ramana likened to very dry wood - very easy to start a fire with. 

Gurus can't awaken you if you're not ready to be awakened. 

2 minutes ago, vladorion said:

That depends on how awake the guru is. I guess the Buddha and Babaji were able to awaken any spiritual seeker, whether ready or not.

Different gurus for different aspirants. There is no universal answer. Find the guru that speaks to your soul.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

6 hours ago, vladorion said:

Before meeting Ramana, Papaji practiced mantra recitation for 20 years. He had had spiritual experiences where Krishna would come to him and they would talk etc. He was one of those people that Ramana likened to very dry wood - very easy to start a fire with. 

Damn. 

Stay cool & dry.

6 hours ago, Moksha said:

Different gurus for different aspirants. There is no universal answer. Find the guru that speaks to your soul.

This. 

But also I'd say rigorous meditation practice of some kind using whatever technique resonates most. Rigorous meaning start with 1 hour per day, and work your way up from there. You'll want your whole life to turn into formal practice at some point. 

20 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

That depends on how awake the guru is. I guess the Buddha and Babaji were able to awaken any spiritual seeker, whether ready or not.

What's this idea based on?

If Buddha could awaken any spiritual seeker, why would he prescribe a teaching and a practice for awakening?

15 hours ago, Consilience said:

This. 

But also I'd say rigorous meditation practice of some kind using whatever technique resonates most. Rigorous meaning start with 1 hour per day, and work your way up from there. You'll want your whole life to turn into formal practice at some point. 

Yeah this, whole day meditations turn your world upside down 

2 hours ago, vladorion said:

What's this idea based on?

If Buddha could awaken any spiritual seeker, why would he prescribe a teaching and a practice for awakening?

I stand by that this ability depends on how awake the guru is.

But tbh, I have no idea whether Buddha was awake enough to awaken any spiritual seeker like that. I never did much research about Buddha, so I know almost nothing about him. So I guess you are probably right about Buddha.

However, here are some possible explanations why he could have prescribed techniques even if he actually did have that ability to instantly awaken anyone.

• He might have been able to partly awaken someone. And additionally gave techniques to deepen their awakening.
  • there might be karmic reasons 
  • He might not have wanted them to be fully dependent on him
  • He gave techniques so they can keep getting more awake after his death 
  • with techniques it is more gradual. Thus less shocking 
  • He didn't have time to awaken everyone one on one

On 2/12/2021 at 2:04 PM, GreenWoods said:

Tripping on dream psychedelics for weeks on end in time dilated lucid dreams. 

Do you have any advice on this?

3 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

I stand by that this ability depends on how awake the guru is.

But tbh, I have no idea whether Buddha was awake enough to awaken any spiritual seeker like that. I never did much research about Buddha, so I know almost nothing about him. So I guess you are probably right about Buddha.

However, here are some possible explanations why he could have prescribed techniques even if he actually did have that ability to instantly awaken anyone.

• He might have been able to partly awaken someone. And additionally gave techniques to deepen their awakening.
  • there might be karmic reasons 
  • He might not have wanted them to be fully dependent on him
  • He gave techniques so they can keep getting more awake after his death 
  • with techniques it is more gradual. Thus less shocking 
  • He didn't have time to awaken everyone one on one

I still don't understand where you got the idea from and why you believe it.

4 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Do you have any advice on this?

Time dilation in lucid dreams is very difficult. So in order to be able to learn how to do it, I believe you should lucid dream every day for at least one 1 hour. Otherwise it's probably too unrealistic to learn. I know of 2 ways how to be able to lucid dream that much:

• sleep yoga
  • Trying to DILD all the time. Like a natural lucid dreamer. A long time ago I made a post about that, about omnilucidity (=lucid in every dream). To achieve omnilucidity that way is probably a lot more difficult than with sleep yoga lol. And you don't have all the other benefits of sleep yoga. But total omnilucidity isn't necessary I believe, as I wrote, 1 h is probably enough. That is more managable. Instead of the ada (and pada) approach I rather recommend: Doing 5-10+ very short WBTBs every night; Do ing 400-700 quick reality checks every day ; spending 45 minutes trying to remember and journelling your dreams, every day. If you are very good at stabilizing dreams, you only need to get lucid 2-4 times a day.
  • (Possibly also possible if you manage to reliably OBE 1h each day through WILD or astral projection. The technique is similar to the sleep yoga technique.)

Then, on how to dilate time, I made a few posts about people talking about time dilation. read them.

So how to actually dilate time:

• Just try it. And use the methods of reports of people who managed it.
  • Once I'm able to do it, I will post my tips:)
  • subliminals. I believe they will be very helpful. In 2 ways:
  1. To actually directly help you dilate time
  2. if you listened to a lot of sublimals  (particularly subs about the subconscious) it will be a lot easier to control your subconscious and thus dilate time.

"[Time dilation] has allowed me to perceive many years of dream content in a mere 2 hours of sleep. I have also had times in which I have slept for over 24 hours and dreamed for what felt like hundreds of years, to the point where I had forgotten many things from irl [=in real life]. I felt as if I could remain their indefinitely (or near indefinitely) but I always choose to come back for some reason or other. These days, since I tend to spend much more time in my dreams than the waking world, instead of keeping a dream journal I keep a sort of thisworld journal which I use to keep from forgetting important things irl. I write before bed and read upon waking to reintegrate myself into this world."- MyLynes, https://www.dreamviews.com/dream-control/101908-time-dilation-techniques-2.html (2nd page, 3rd post)

Edited by GreenWoods

1 hour ago, vladorion said:

I still don't understand where you got the idea from and why you believe it.

You mean the idea in general?

I believed you meant about the Buddha specifically, therefore I addressed only that in my post.

So in general:

It is my observation that the more awake a guru is, the more he seems to be able to directly wake up some of his students. Since there are infinite degrees of awakening, I believe it is my logical conclusion, that it is only a matter of degree of awakening, and someone would be able to awaken every student. I never said something about how realistic such a depth of awakening is. It could perhaps be that the first human to pull it of will be in 1000. Or earlier.

Edited by GreenWoods

Awakening only happens from within, when the aspirant is ready. No teacher, however great, can force someone else to awaken. At best, they point the way.

All the effort must be made by you; Buddhas only show the way. Follow this path and practice meditation; go beyond the power of Mara.

- Buddha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

56 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Awakening only happens from within, when the aspirant is ready. No teacher, however great, can force someone else to awaken. At best, they point the way.

All the effort must be made by you; Buddhas only show the way. Follow this path and practice meditation; go beyond the power of Mara.

- Buddha

How about that:

In the future scientists will probably be able to instanlty awaken anyone, by messing around with their brain or DNA. (I'm not saying this is a good idea. Just saying it will be possible). That's possible because there is no "internal". Internal and external are a duality that doesn't exist. If it is possible to awaken purely from "within" then it is also possible to awaken purely from "without" (for example: psychedelics, mad scientists,..).

Edited by GreenWoods

@GreenWoods When the Buddha taught that "all effort must be made by you", he wasn't referring to the conceptual awakening that people sometimes experience on psychedelics, or in other ways. He was talking about the deeper awakening, which is the opening of your spiritual eyes, and the lifelong journey of letting go of attachments, and manifesting the unconditional Love that is the essence of who we are.

I'm reading "Being Ram Dass" at the moment. He conceptually awakened through extensive experience with psychedelics, but it wasn't until many years later that he woke spiritually when meeting his guru, Maharaj-ji, and even then he spent the rest of his life integrating the implications of that awakening.

The Buddha had it right. Buddhas, drugs, or any other external processes can only show you the way. Ultimately the path of enlightenment must be walked by you.