Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xpansion

Ayahuasca

10 posts in this topic

I was reading about ayahuasca retreats last night and I have to admit I feel very drawn to this. I have felt very stuck for a long time. Even though I practice meditation twice daily I feel like I really need a good shake up to get things moving again. Its a bit worrying that there have been deaths and rapes though.  Has anyone here done this?  Is it really as life changing and lasting as is made out? Or is it essentially just a mind altering peak experience that you come back down from like every other drug?    I'm feeling excited to go on a pilgrimage to Peru and experience this. 

Edited by Xpansion

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

15 minutes ago, Capethaz said:

@Xpansion Do you have experience with psychedelics?

Only as recreational drug use in my 20s which was in the 90s.  There is a lot of hype around this. Im wondering if it will live up to the claims. It would be hard to not have expectations.

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

i've had 2 experiences with ayahuasca and they felt great, but only because i was already 100% healed.

what i learned was that you have to know what you're "seeing" with ayahuasca.

when you drink it you go very deep into your thought process and you will live your thoughts as if they were real but you'll be actually dreaming.

ayahuasca can heal people because people are so distracted that they can't spot their own lies. ayahuasca will show you everything that you're attached to including unconscious memories that still hurt you but you don't even notice.

if you plan to drink ayahuasca, i recommend developing a trustworthy "let go" mindset.

Edited by iago iriarte arhatha

unborn Truth

On 06/10/2016 at 4:33 AM, Xpansion said:

Its a bit worrying that there have been deaths and rapes though.  Has anyone here done this?

As far as I know, Leo might be the only one here who has willingly put himself through death.  I don't know about the rape though... o.O

Research the work of Dr. Gabor Mate, he has had amazing successes with it! I think you definitely need to find a trust worthy facilitator!

Hi. I 've had 9 ayahuasca ceremonies. It has the potential to be life changing depending on your current state. Ayahuasca is a catalyst. You have to work on what she will show you.

As ajasatya mentioned above, you must be able to comprehend why ayahuasca shows you each thing. If someone wants to take all that ayahuasca has to offer, he has to have knowledge on how the mind works, some basic knowledge in psychology and spirituality. From books for example. Before each ceremony you focus on the issue you want to resolve and she knows what you need and what to show you in order to solve it, or make it more clear. Each trip comes in chapters. me. She makes you experience something in order to understand-resolve an issue. When you realize why she is showing you that specific thing, she stops and goes to the next. If you are not realizing it she continues in the same one. At least this is how she works with me. Because of the knowledge i have aquired the last 4 years by reading a lot of books on psychology, spirituality and philosophy, and by having therapy for two years, i am able to understand relatively easy why she is showing me each thing, and i have so many "chapters" each night that many times I can't remember the next day. In my last 4 ceremonies I had a small notepad with me and I kept some notes that proved to be important afterwords. 

Ayahuasca is powerful. She can show you heaven, but also hell. She can pet you on the head or slap you hard. 

As with all psychedelics, the set and setting are crucial for a good and healing experience. Find a good retreat center with good reputation that will make you feel totally safe. Be open and willing to surrender.

Personally, I had me experiences in Madrid, Spain in the Ayahuasca International Organization retreats. Ayahuasca cured my depression, made me resolve deep mother issues I had, made me understand how everything is a state of mind, I became more open to people, willing to understand people more, she showed me unconditional love and so much more. 

Overall is an awesome experience.

P.S. When we use the term "shows" we mean that she makes you live it, experience it like it's truly happening to you

I have never tried. Looks good

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Don't you worry your little head off about the safety.  Find a group of people who do Peruvian shamanism (you might not even have to travel far), and you will know immediately who you are working with.  You should feel great about your company.  They will guide you through the experience and help you set intentions for healing.

Althought i think psychedelics are powerfull, i dont feel drawn to drinking something that tastes like absolute shit and puke and shit my pants.

There are easier ways. Just take a larger dose of mushrooms and go to the nature. I would actually be down to take ayahuasca privately with shaman if i was in a peru or somewhere. No interest to trip with a group of people i dont know.