StarStruck

What are the components of enlightenment?

29 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

According to you

Whos you?

:D

Sorry, had to.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

49 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Whos you?

:D

Sorry, had to.

I'm Rilles

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck enlightenment is simply you becoming directly conscious of the absolute Truth of existence. 

Absolute clarity about what is Truth and what isn't. 

Do you want to become enlightened??? 

Take out your hand and look at it.. And recognize that your hands are actual. They are Real. They are the absolute Truth. 

And recognize that all your concepts about Truth in your minds(thoughts) are not the Truth.  

Compare all your thoughts and concepts with the sensation of your hands.. Notice that your hands are Truth. While all your thoughts (without exception) are bla bla bla. 

That's it. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Nothng :D

Edited by Megan Alecia
Components? a glass *half-full* of water. :D

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

8 minutes ago, Tim R said:

@StarStruck I don't understand the question. What sort of "components" are you talking about?xD

Aren't there different kinds and degrees of enlightenment?

In Tate we trust

10 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@StarStruck enlightenment is simply you becoming directly conscious of the absolute Truth of existence. 

Absolute clarity about what is Truth and what isn't. 

Do you want to become enlightened??? 

Take out your hand and look at it.. And recognize that your hands are actual. They are Real. They are the absolute Truth. 

And recognize that all your concepts about Truth in your minds(thoughts) are not the Truth.  

Compare all your thoughts and concepts with the sensation of your hands.. Notice that your hands are Truth. While all your thoughts (without exception) are bla bla bla. 

That's it. 

So basically there is the truth and the interpretation of truth in the brain

In Tate we trust

2 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

So basically there is the truth and the interpretation of truth in the brain

There is only  the Truth. Everything you are experiencing right now is Truth. Is enlightenment.

TRUTH VS FALSEHOODS exist only on the level of thoughts.. Where there is relative truth. You could say some thoughts are more "true" then others depending on how accurate they represent reality. 

Absolute Truth is simply being.  Nothing too fancy about it. And you are directly conscious of being right now.  That's why in neo advaita they teach that you are already enlightened. 

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There is only  the Truth. Everything you are experiencing right now is Truth. Is enlightenment.

TRUTH VS FALSEHOODS exist only on the level of thoughts.. Where there is relative truth. You could say some thoughts are more "true" then others depending on how accurate they represent reality. 

Absolute Truth is simply being.  Nothing too fancy about it. And you are directly conscious of being right now.  That's why in neo advaita they teach that you are already enlightened. 

That is what I was going to ask. Why meditate if one is already enlightened? 

And if there is no truth versus falsehood, and everything is truth I don't get why we have to contemplate, meditate and so on. 

In Tate we trust

9 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

That is what I was going to ask. Why meditate if one is already enlightened? 

And if there is no truth versus falsehood, and everything is truth I don't get why we have to contemplate, meditate and so on. 

You meditate and contemplate to sharpen this distinction in your mind. 

Meditation is simply you disconnecting from the mind and experiencing reality directly without conceptualizing your experience.  The more you do this you stop being fooled by the monkey mind which suggests that Truth is other than your default state.. 

P. S. And of course If you like stop meditation and get lost in concepts.. It's not like you can escape the Truth. ;)

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

@Someone here ok. I thought you implied there is no distinction between falsehood and truth, because you said there is only truth. 

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck there is a distinction between relative truth and relative falsehood which exists only in the mind. 

At the level of being.. There is no falsehood. Everything is absolute Truth. 

For example... 1+1=3 is falsehood at the relative level of meaning and symbols. Yet the very being of the equation (it's very existence) is absolute Truth.   

Hope I clarified this. 

Check out Leo's video "what is Truth". Really helpful. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

@Megan Alecia :D

3 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Aren't there different kinds and degrees of enlightenment?

No.

Enlightenment is simply when there is no more identification.

The virus that did the identification thing has given up and died.

What then remains is just you. It's completely ordinary with the difference being that you are free. Free from suffering.

Free from yourself ;)

There are however degrees of self-realization and there are lots of people and teachers that confuse the two.

The first step towards enlightenment is usually realizing that you are not your thoughts.

This is the start of the self-realization journey that then might end in enlightenment.

@Someone here Is pointing you in the correct direction.

I think it's about the knowledge that you are consciousness, not a body. 

@Someone here

I watched the episode and to answer my own question. One gets nonduality (the absolute truth) when epistemology and metaphysics are merged together.

That was the answer I was looking for.

What I'm wondering right now is this: Leo talked about the "practical implementations of truth", is there a sequel where he talks about this? I couldn't find it through the search.

In Tate we trust

"What is the Truth" video also made me question what learning really is.

If there is only absolute truth, which is actual, and not conceptual (which is second order truth), why conceptualize at all? Why should we learn/conceptualize anything?

In Tate we trust

@StarStruck There is no one type of Enlightenment.

Towards a Balanced Enlightenment ~ Shinzen Young

You can also check out Kundalini by Robert E Svoboda on this idea. Especially the distinction about Vijnana to expand the mind.

That is some Buddhist idea that will distract you. Don't stop questioning.

Edited by captainamerica