StarStruck

What are the components of enlightenment?

29 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

"What is the Truth" video also made me question what learning really is.

If there is only absolute truth, which is actual, and not conceptual (which is second order truth), why conceptualize at all? Why should we learn/conceptualize anything?

You don't have to learn or conceptualize anything. This is all dreamstuff that the false you might use for survival purposes. It's like it has hijacked your intellect.

You can however learn/conceptualize about stuff for fun. Like a kid playing around trying to figure stuff out before his intellect and nervous system was hijacked to serve agendas.

15 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

Hahaha. There is nothing more real than you. What's not real is the false you that's pretending to be you lol.

You are beyond.

12 minutes ago, Dancer said:

You don't have to learn or conceptualize anything. This is all dreamstuff that the false you might use for survival purposes. It's like it has hijacked your intellect.

You can however learn/conceptualize about stuff for fun. Like a kid playing around trying to figure stuff out before his intellect and nervous system was hijacked to serve agendas.

Hahaha. There is nothing more real than you. What's not real is the false you that's pretending to be you lol.

You are beyond.

So basically the lesson is, learn to play the game of life like a kid, instead of being a grown up and taking everything serious?

If that is the case, I can throw my life purpose in the bin and do fun stuff. Dunno. I don't like anything enough to put hard work into it.

40 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

So basically the lesson is, learn to play the game of life like a kid, instead of being a grown up and taking everything serious?

If that is the case, I can throw my life purpose in the bin and do fun stuff. Dunno. I don't like anything enough to put hard work into it.

The serious grownup collects food and build shelter. He makes sure that basic physical survival is taken care of for him, his kids and his tribe.

When you have a full stomach and feel safe/protected. The non-serious kid comes out to play, dance, explore etc.

You are both the serious grownup and the non-serious kid.

The components of enlightenment? Sounds like a cool little topic for some mental masturbation. 

2 hours ago, calibrate said:

The components of enlightenment? Sounds like a cool little topic for some mental masturbation. 

Epistemology + metaphysics = nonduality 

Nothing wrong with that. 

I wanted to get that clear. 

A lot of people don't understand nonduality and just parrot other people. 

Nothing wrong with asking that question. 

12 hours ago, Dancer said:

The serious grownup collects food and build shelter. He makes sure that basic physical survival is taken care of for him, his kids and his tribe.

When you have a full stomach and feel safe/protected. The non-serious kid comes out to play, dance, explore etc.

You are both the serious grownup and the non-serious kid.

If there is no self why would we care about survival though?