Apparition of Jack

Let’s stop demonizing Green

103 posts in this topic

For some reason, I see a lot of threads about the toxic manifestations of Green on this forum. Don’t get me wrong, obviously Green can be problematic, but toxic Green is SUCH a rarity and so limited in influence these days that it’s unhelpful to focus on it’s bad parts, especially considering how much more toxic Orange and Blue where dealing with in the world.

And just to set the record completely straight, I want to point out just how developed and beneficial Green really is. I still feel it’s easy to stereotype Green people as “lazy pot-smoking hippies”, which is such a disservice to what Green truly can be. A healthy, developed Green person on this planet is such a rarity on the whole that you might as well be finding a unicorn, from a planetary perspective (most Green people are still dealing with Orange and lower shadows). Healthy Green is:

• Openly compassionate, kind, supportive and gentle
  • More intelligent than Orange and Blue (yes, really)
  • Insightful, wise, nuanced and able to grasp relativity 
  • Communicative, co-operative, sociable and fluid 
  • Democratic, able to compromise and non-hierarchical 
  • Non-judgemental, expressive, accepting and courageous 

Some examples of healthy Green people are: 

• Bernie Sanders
  • Martin Luther King, Jr
  • Mahatma Gandhi
  • Oprah Winfrey
  • Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Sam Seder
  • John F Kennedy 
  • Russel Brandt 
  • Joe Biden
  • Bill Gates 

Just to name a few. 

We should be encouraging more people to move up the Spiral to Green in order to meet the social, economic and environmental challenges of the future. Obviously criticise Green when you need to, but let’s not make that our first instinct. Green is fucking awesome, and the more we’re able to accept and embrace it the more conscious and purposeful life will become for everyone.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

Lmao I was just planning to make this thread. Goodness you beat me to it and you did a better job than I could have. 

So a big thank you from me.. 

It's super cringey how Green is constantly demonized on this forum. 

Frankly I'm sick of it. 

4wc17f.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think it's important to separate healthy and unhealthy green so the lower stages can stop being scared of of it and resisting it. 

For an example it's easy for blue or orange to watch a few anti sjw videos and assume all green is like that.

That's where someone like Leo comes and says that that particular expression of green is unhealthy but that's a big minority and most of the green is reasonable.

Then the lower stages can relax and stop being defensive and maybe start growing into green. But if we just pretended its all flowers and rainbows the lower stage person would just keep the crazy sjw in their head and dismiss everything we say. 

2 minutes ago, Opo said:

I think it's important to separate healthy and unhealthy green so the lower stages can stop being scared of of it and resisting it. 

For an example it's easy for blue or orange to watch a few anti sjw videos and assume all green is like that.

That's where someone like Leo comes and says that that particular expression of green is unhealthy but that's a big minority and most of the green is reasonable.

Then the lower stages can relax and stop being defensive and maybe start growing into green. But if we just pretended its all flowers and rainbows the lower stage person would just keep the crazy sjw in their head and dismiss everything we say. 

This is a very good point. 

The only thing is that it's necessary to keep emphasizing that a lot of green folks represent healthy Green as the ones shown in the OP 

While I appreciate the shout-out, it ain't gonna happen.
Demonizing is not a deliberate choice for tier 1 spiral stages, so asking the favor explicitly is not going to stop it.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

36 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

It's super cringey how Green is constantly demonized on this forum. 

Frankly I'm sick of it. 

That's your confirmation bias. It's people that express orange and blue ideologies that get routinely banned here. I found that you won't get in trouble for expressing green ideologies on this forum no matter how dogmatic. Also not all criticism of green stems from demonization.

Notice how protective you are of green. It's like being in green and building a wall between you and the lower stages. But of course, the key for progressing to the higher stages actually requires deep understanding and compassion for the lower stages. So tear down that wall and let your worldview be shaky and full of doubt, this is the foundation for growth.  

Also, a lot of stage green people see themselves as compassionate and loving angels and are royally in denial of how selfish, divisive and unloving they really are.

@Vrubel  I never thought that I am an angel. People who get banned get banned for the right reasons 

However this does not mean there's no demonizing. 

You are deflecting my points because you are in denial(;

4wc993.jpg

@Vrubel you are assuming things because you love projection. 

Anyway it's fruitless debating such things 

I made my point that healthy aspects of green should also be talked about 

Finish. No more talk on this topic from me. It becomes endless pointless debate. 

37 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

you are assuming things because you love projection. 

You just strike me as a very green person based on your talking points that are very protective of green. (There is no judgement or caricaturing here).

Anyway it's fruitless debating such things

As a debate, this topic will be very pointless indeed. 

I made my point that healthy aspects of green should also be talked about 

And that is a legitimate point but so is mine(; It is not one or the other.

Finish. No more talk on this topic from me. It becomes endless pointless debate.

My point was that being so protective of green is an indication that you have an attachment that prevents your growth up the spiral. I pointed this out but of course, you will resist and shut down the arguments that make you uncomfortable. Everybody wants to do that including me. It takes time, maturity and wisdom to grow and to let go of attachments.

Edited by Vrubel

@Vrubel  Lmfao, more than half the world is blue.Green is such a tragic minority.coming to Green is itself a huge commitment. First let's get everyone to Green, then talk about going further up the Spiral. 

Shall we? 

I'm hesitant to post this because I'm not sure myself what to think about it.

Usually, when talking about minorities, I avoid the argument that it's the minority's responsibility to assimilate into the culture. However, with SD, I'm tempted to use this argument and claim that it's Green's responsibility to fit in with the other stages. I think so because healthy green should have gone through all the other stages and be able to understand where they are coming from and connect with them at their level of development. I may be conflating Green with Yellow here, but this line of thinking may be beneficial if adopted.

I also don't think that the usual minority oppression talk is applicable in this instance because of the difference in cognitive abilities and self-understanding between Green and lower stages. Integrated Green would run circles around Blue in conversation. So I don't think that Green needs much protection when confronted with prior tiers. Remember that the higher one is up the spiral, the easier it is to accumulate wealth an power, so the dynamic here is reversed compared to usual minority oppression talk.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

If more Green = quicker collapse of the western empire, then I agree.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

27 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Vrubel  Lmfao, more than half the world is blue.Green is such a tragic minority.coming to Green is itself a huge commitment. First let's get everyone to Green, then talk about going further up the Spiral. 

Shall we? 

What kind of argument is that? The bulk of the world is blue so I will refuse to go beyond green.

That argument is extra absurd considering that yellow is more effective in coming up with real solutions for world problems.

believe me, it is much easier to save yourself than to safe the whole world. Ultimatly the two are one. Saving yourself Is saving the world.

notice how attached, protective and cavalier you sound. Classic ego defense. 

Edited by Vrubel

Demonizing green? In this forum? Where ?? If anything, we need to point out the problems with Green more.

2 minutes ago, Dryas said:

Demonizing green? In this forum? Where ?? If anything, we need to point out the problems with Green more.

@Dryas Agreed.

Kinda comical to watch how pointing out the problems with Green is such a burning issue when an extremely small minority of the world is green. 

Green strategies don't even get implemented half the time because of stupid arguments like these. 

The biggest irony is that the thread is exclusively about not demonizing green and how everyone on the thread is immediately jumping into defense mode and actually demonizing green. 

And then they turn around and say that Green is not demonized on the forum. 

This thread of anything is the evidence right in front of your eyes of how much Green is demonized on here. 

I can't give a better example than this whole thread itself. 

Edited by Preety_India

Just now, Preety_India said:

Kinda comical to watch how pointing out the problems with Green is such a burning issue when an extremely small minority of the world is green. 

Green strategies don't even get implemented half the time because of stupid arguments like these. 

Sure, but, if you want to have the most truthful perspective then you should be willing to point out the problems with Green (and that’s what this place is for!). I think we could simultaneously do both (show the necessity of moving more people up the spiral while also pointing out its limitations). 

Just now, Dryas said:

Sure, but, if you want to have the most truthful perspective then you should be willing to point out the problems with Green (and that’s what this place is for!). I think we could simultaneously do both (show the necessity of moving more people up the spiral while also pointing out its limitations). 

But what you never get is that, that's exactly what doesn't happen. 

People constantly justify being at the lower stages at the expense of demonizing green. 

If they discussed both good and the bad about Green, sure that would appear more balanced. 

One needs to take a look at the Green Megathread to see how much shitting on green goes on and on. 

It's more like shadow green than green. People say that Green is acting like angels. 

But the reality is not that. Reality is that shitting on green makes people feel better. 

@Preety_India I don’t quite see what you see in that Megathread but it’s possible that there is more demonization going on that I haven’t noticed (since you seem to be a lot more active). But I don’t think I’ve seen that much on the politics sub forum (But I suppose I could be wrong about that too). Anyways, I think we’re basically in agreement for the most part.