Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Difference between the survival of the identity (ego) and survival of the body?

39 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

Harm to others which are You

What devilry makes is that by believing you are a self, there is justified to do all kind of stuff to survive your self. 

But since there is no self, you are basically creating harm to others because of pure ignorance. 

Exactly. The devil doesn't win anything.

But this whole work is about stopping being the devil and becoming God. Conscious of what it is doing to itself .

Can't unquote on phone, damn somebody fix this damn feature.

Ok, so there aren't two of me. There's no self and others. I don't have a separate self. Ok. Not two. Got it. No me, yay! I was such a fucking bitch anyway, Glad I'm gone. Phew. Such a relief.

Oh, ok, wait. Hold the phone. I'm the Devil now? And I have to stop being the Devil cause God wins and I want to win too. So I need to stop being the devil and be God instead. But the devil and God are two right? And I'm not two? 

So confused. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I don't have a direct experience of a body ?. I do have direct experience of thoughts labeling "body" to direct experience. As you said .

It depends on identification.

If "I" is body there is experience of body. If "I" is separate from body, there is "my" experience of "my" body. 

And of course "body" is a concept with ill-defined boundaries. 

the desire to preserve the body is the strongest attachment of the ego. it is innate and maintains the illusion of separation like no other. it is necessary for survival but it keeps beings apart. That is why the mystical traditions of all cultures have had as one of their main premises the renunciation of the body. fasting, celibacy, extreme discomfort, etc., as a means of transcending the ego.

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

the desire to preserve the body is the strongest attachment of the ego. it is innate and maintains the illusion of separation like no other. it is necessary for survival but it keeps beings apart. That is why the mystical traditions of all cultures have had as one of their main premises the renunciation of the body. fasting, celibacy, extreme discomfort, etc., as a means of transcending the ego.

Thanks, the first no BS answer of this topic it seems...

People don't get how hardcore Truth is...

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

Harm to others which are You

What devilry makes is that by believing you are a self, there is justified to do all kind of stuff to survive your self. 

But since there is no self, you are basically creating harm to others because of pure ignorance. 

Exactly. The devil doesn't win anything.

But this whole work is about stopping being the devil and becoming God. Conscious of what it is doing to itself .

Human-centric delusions.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

3 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Human-centric delusions.

No.

God is having a human experience.

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

No.

God is having a human experience.

If so, then where's that devil you're talking about?

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

1 minute ago, Gesundheit said:

Well, if you put the devil up to the mirror it reads "lived". Or evil/live

I guess the survival of the devil or the body is just all in what you think is being reflected. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

10 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

The devil is God but unconscious of itself 9_9

If God becomes conscious it stops being a devil.

That's why Awakening/Truth is the end of the devil. 

Edited by Javfly33

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

The devil is God but unconscious of itself 9_9

What's the difference between being conscious of yourself and being self conscious? 

@Javfly33 And who thinks that being conscious of oneself is somehow better than not being so? God or the devil?

3 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

What's the difference between being conscious of yourself and being self conscious? 

I think there is only being Conscious of yourself.

I would argue that Being self conscious is a phrase that revolves around being too attached to the ego identity . That's why commonly is used when people have social anxiety and so on, they become too identified in the false identity .

So in a sense psychology or human culture have been using that term very poorly. It's the opposite of truly being conscious.

3 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

@Javfly33 And who thinks that being conscious of oneself is somehow better than not being so? God or the devil?

You got me.  ?

The devil. 

But I wanted to point out that discarding more conscious behaviours just because is "human centric" doesn't make much sense imo honestly. 

It's similar to going to the dentist and rejecting anesthesia because pain is an illusion or a bias. But the truth is in that state that illusion will still hurt .

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I think there is only being Conscious of yourself.

I would argue that Being self conscious is a phrase that revolves around being too attached to the ego identity . That's why commonly is used when people have social anxiety and so on, they become too identified in the false identity .

So in a sense psychology or human culture have been using that term very poorly. It's the opposite of truly being conscious.

So if you ARE Consciousness, there's no conscious of yourself. Duality collapses. 

Self conscious doesn't just mean anxious and shy, it means you're conscious of yourself, which means you're thinking about yourself. So any thought you have of yourself is a self conscious thought. So for example, if I eat an entire chocolate bar and feel fat and like I have no discipline, I'm self conscious. 

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

But I wanted to point out that discarding more conscious behaviours just because is "human centric" doesn't make much sense imo honestly. 

It's similar to going to the dentist and rejecting anesthesia because pain is an illusion or a bias. But the truth is in that state that illusion will still hurt .

Well, I plan on reporting this bug to the designer after I die. I don't want to experience pain in my next incarnation.

14 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Well, rejecting pain medicine would be "hard core". Pain medicine is not human, and not separate from you, but if you think Truth is hard core, I guess you better stick to what you think is hard core or you might miss it. Would be a shame if you missed out on an opportunity to suffer and had to suffer for it later. Man, how would you forgive yourself? Rough. 

@Javfly33 So you were wondering why there's this toxic environment at work rooted in identity/ego which is unnecessary for the business could be? And then later on in your post you were likening the survival of the business to the survival of our physical body? 

I don't know what to make of a lot of "evil" and ego because I see a lot of what happens as the result of, ultimately innocent, misunderstandings. "Unconsciousness is/causes innocent misunderstanding" is what things look a bit like to me. It's very weird to see and makes me wonder what the point or meaning behind any of it all is. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

6 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

If we criticize a person because of attaching itself to his identity (ego), how we justify making the same devilry to maintain the physical body?

All criticism is delusion.

Ta-da!

Ego is not bad. That itself is a judgment made by a selfish ego.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

All criticism is delusion.

Ta-da!

Ego is not bad. That itself is a judgment made by a selfish ego.

So judging the devil is itself devilry as @Gesundheit pointed out

Thats quite a strange loop ;) 

ego is the false belief, i am a separate being ... it is how most of us operate ... shed the ego and oneness is achieved

if ego is shed, there is no "my" body any longer, the body is then part of the whole oneness

ego not shed, then i like "my" body thank you very much and will attach to it with every fiber of my being