ivankiss

No Internal Monologue

150 posts in this topic

So apparently I have been living under a rock my whole life and just recently found out that there are many people who do not have an internal monologue. 

whoa.jpg

On the spiritual path; we focus so much on letting thoughts go, dropping the narrative, etc...and then you find out that there are people who simply do not have an inner voice. An inner critic. An inner tormentor. 

Can you imagine? 

Right now, I can stop all thoughts for a few seconds or maybe even minutes... But how about living your entire life that way? Now that's just mind-blowing.

Of course the question 'are these people enlightened' arose in my mind shortly after discovering this. And my conclusion is; of course not. Enlightenment is not simply the absence of thoughts or a narrative. It's much, much deeper. However; these people might be much less stressed then those with an internal monologue. That would make sense. 

What are your thoughts on this? Also; are there any members here who don't have/never had an inner voice?

5 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Also; are there any members here who don't have/never had an inner voice?

That there is an inner voice is the very propaganda of the inner voice. Slippery slope. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I don't think that you need inner monologue to have same ego behaviours, in truth you don't hear most of things you think when you are have such behaviours. 

So no thought = enlightenment; is what you're saying?

Well I am not Enlightened, but from what I have experienced and from what so called Enlightened beings say  is that you do not lose mind capabilities, you lose self image , which in return removes all egoistic behaviours that lead to judgement, fear, self doubt and so on, I have had glimpses of it only few times and it does not fell like usual  altered state of consciousness, in a funny way , nothing really changes besides that being gone and everything being more clear. 

Edited by PureRogueQ

@PureRogueQ Cool, thanks.

I'd equate no internal monologue with simple clarity and peace of mind. Not enlightenment.

However, ime; there is no thought processing in pure light, either. So that's interesting.

18 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@PureRogueQ Cool, thanks.

I'd equate no internal monologue with simple clarity and peace of mind. Not enlightenment.

However, ime; there is no thought processing in pure light, either. So that's interesting.

Didn't mean it about enlightenment , but that you can have same and have same reactions even if you don't hear internal monologue, you can't have clarity of mind if your awareness gets effected by such behaviours, you can achieve great resistance with high awareness focused on purpose to stay still, but it is completely thing from what I  wrote above if there is confusion in this matter. 

Also thing to note for me it was not build up, it was like instantaneous, click, shift, either way maybe it is something else , but never the less it was something that intrigued me for a while as I had no clue how to get there because it was not achieved by regular means. 

Edited by PureRogueQ

@PureRogueQ Gotcha :)

Another thought comes to mind;

What would the spiritual path look like for individuals with no internal monologue and those with aphantasia (inability to visualise) ?

A cat supposedly has no inner voice. Does not make it woke.

There are people with thousands of weird default states of being. Some people hallucinate monkeys and cirus clowns. And that's not even the weirdest one.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

A cat supposedly has no inner voice. Does not make it woke.

There are people with thousands of weird default states of being. Some people hallucinate monkeys and cirus clowns. And that's not even the weirdest one.

It is your personal “idea, knowledge “ that cat is cat (animal) and can not think. Which comes from so called knowledge or so called personal idea. The real question is “what is a cat”? Enlightenment is realization of there is no such a thing as thought, or anything (because anything you know that comes from thought process which is so called internal dialogue) If you dont think there is no such a thing as “you”, “cat”, “universe “, “infinity “ nor “existence “.

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

@Nahm

Yes, but better to say it is “there is no such a thing as thoughts =Enlightenment “. Because when there is no thoughts, there is no one to be enlightened. Thats what enlightenment “is”. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

33 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@PureRogueQ Gotcha :)

Another thought comes to mind;

What would the spiritual path look like for individuals with no internal monologue and those with aphantasia (inability to visualise) ?

Haha , might be bit confusing in certain areas, have no idea really, have to ask them about struggles hey have and what works best in their case. 

there is no thought processing in pure light, either. So that's interesting.

Interested.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Leo Gura Pretty much my thoughts too, yup.

24 minutes ago, James123 said:

when there is no thoughts, there is no one to be enlightened. Thats what enlightenment is. 

Well that's just false, ime. Anyone can let go of thinking, even if just for a few seconds. That doesn't make them enlightened. Not even nearly.

@Nahm I'll give it a thought ;)

1 minute ago, ivankiss said:

Well that's just false, ime. Anyone can let go of thinking, even if just for a few seconds. That doesn't make them enlightened. Not even nearly.

Let it go for couple hours and after that “you”ll see”. If there will be any “you” left. ?????

@James123 Will do. Then I'll come back to the forum and let everyone know that I don't exist, and neither does anyone else ;)

I love you bro. But you're so full of shit.

13 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@James123 Will do. Then I'll come back to the forum and let everyone know that I don't exist, and neither does anyone else ;)

After that realization happens that neither this is forum, these are conversations, in universe and anyone is here. NOW IS BEFORE BIRTH!  

13 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

I love you bro. But you're so full of shit.

How do you know something that you haven’t directly become conscious of? Learn instead of judging.

Of course i am shit, and you. Because everything is nothing. Therefore identical. ?

Peace! 

Again:

46F06336-B8D8-4893-85CF-D7C9615236EB.gif

Edited by James123

@James123 I knew you'd say that. Too predictable. 

What's the difference between nothing and everything?

What's the difference between thought and consciousness?

What's the difference between thought and no thought?

What's the difference between forum and no forum?

What's the difference between me speaking my mind freely and you speaking of nothing and nobody?

Let's dance.

Edited by ivankiss

15 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

knew you'd say that. Too predictable. 

What's the difference between nothing and everything?

What's the difference between thought and consciousness?

What's the difference between thought and no thought?

What's the difference between forum and no forum?

What's the difference between me speaking my mind freely and you speaking of nothing and nobody?

Let's dance.

As @Nahm mentioned of Buddha’s quote “Understanding is the greatest illusion “. 

Thats why you meditate to not know, learn or understand. 

If there is no understanding or knowing what is left? Whatever left is what you really are. 

F8F8CB64-BBC5-4414-8038-09C8643B8952.jpeg

@James123 Yes. You must unknow yourself before you truly come to know yourself. Once that happens; there will be no need to keep repeating to yourself that none of this exists and that you were never born.

It's just a path. And it ends with being.

Being is not afraid of thoughts, identity, knowledge or anything else for that matter.

Being simply is all of it. And fucking loves it.

Stop hiding behind nothing. I see you.

Edited by ivankiss

Try to type a sentence or read a paragraph with out subvocalizing. 

The trick is to... hmm forgot what i was typing. :) 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

8 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Stop hiding behind nothing. I see you.

It is not hiding. I am already what i am. Look at the mirror, you will see “me”. 

Peace!