Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Monk

All Religions Are Paths To Enlightenment!?!?!

17 posts in this topic

During a period of contemplation I realised this within my own religion, which suggests that a person should perform a ritual of fasting for 30 days. Which through interpretation is very similar to hard determination sitting, which is a form of meditation Leo created a video on.  But what, I also realised is that the majority of society doesn't realise this. They simply focus continuously on the interpretations of god, rather than on the true path to enlightenment, which is embroidered deep within the religion. 

Those of you with other religions, am I wrong? But if I am not, please list your or any other religion and the path to enlightenment within it. I was referring to Islam in the previous paragraph.

"It is YOU that must change for all else to change." - Me.

True religion is existential. It has always happened to only a few people and then it disappears from the earth because the intellectuals immediately grab it and they start making beautiful ideologies out of it -- neat and clean, logical. In that very effort they destroy its beauty. They create philosophies, and religion disappears. The Mullah, pundit, the scholar, the theologian, is the enemy of religion. They turn religion into political organisation. It is big business. And these people are not going to easily allow the true religion to be born. 

Man is only formally paying respect to Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Mohammedanism, but basically anybody who has any intelligence is no longer interested in all that rubbish. He may go to the synagogue and to the church and to the mosque for other reasons, but those reasons are not religious; those reasons are social. It pays to be seen in the synagogue; it is respectable, and there is no harm. It is just like joining the rotary club or the lions club. These religions are old clubs which have a religious jargon around them, but look a little deeper and you will find they are all hocus-pocus with no substance inside. 

53 minutes ago, Aamir King said:

They simply focus continuously on the interpretations of god, rather than on the true path to enlightenment

When al-Hillaj Mansoor, who was killed finally by the Mohammedans… just like Jesus, but in a far worse way. They cut him piece by piece. But this happened later on, when he became enlightened and declared: “Ana’l haq — I am the truth.” And Mohammedans cannot forgive anybody saying this. Only god is truth. Calling yourself truth, you are indirectly calling yourself God. But he was not calling himself God. He was simply saying, “I am the truth.” And he was not claiming any monopoly on it. His Master, al-Junaid, tried to persuade him in many ways -- 'Don't say these things! Keep them inside you, because the people won't understand it and you will be getting into trouble unnecessarily!' 

Religions can't tolerate a person who is enlightened. 

@Aamir King From what I understand is most of the religions that have evolved into what they are today at their core are a few simple verses that point out the nature of reality.  The rest of it is bullshit in relation to that.  But, some of it has value, like the various practices and devotional practices of purifying the mind and body in order to receive the teaching and understand it's meaning.  I think the true meaning got lost along the way for the simple fact that it does take a certain level of maturity and a prepared mind to understand that one is already what they are seeking.

You can see it even now, some people just don't understand it, no matter how hard they try because their minds are not adequately prepared for it.  I think a "religious" attitude is important, but only if the religious orientation does what it was originally designed to do - prepare the person for the truth.

@kurt that's just what I'm starting to realise as well, as many people just wrongly interpret the religion to suit their own lifestyle and their own make believe principles, rather than the practices needed to purify the mind and body, to receive enlightenment through the particular rigorous process. Which is why most of it becomes nonsense and unseeable, as people surround and overcomplicate with social crap.

Edited by Aamir King

44 minutes ago, Aamir King said:

that's just what I'm starting to realise as well, as many people just wrongly interpret the religion to suit their own lifestyle and their own make believe principles, rather than the practices needed to purify the mind and body, to receive enlightenment through the particular rigorous process. 

Agreed!

45 minutes ago, Aamir King said:

Which is why most of it becomes nonsense and unseeable, as people surround and overcomplicate with social crap.

Yes, and here is something else I think is worth some notable consideration.  The modern spiritual world seems to be obsessed with conflating enlightenment with a particular state of mind.  Eternal bliss states etc, perfect goodness, or the mahatma ideal.  I think even for a fair amount of mature people now who have devoted a good proportion of their time investing in their development are maybe also prone to believing that enlightenment itself is something to do with "purity".  The purification is a large factor, but this is only really to get the mind quiet enough to understand that the Self is ever free of all states, and therefore its reflections are ALL reflections, the good the bad and the ugly.  We don't generally think of an enlightened person as being a normal person, but this is what enlightenment actually is, the verses are saying "you are that already" no need to chase something that you already are.  Its an irony that the route of the problem with the assumption that there is something "wrong" with us lies at the very doorstep of the messed up interpretations of the religions that were originally supposed to set us free.  What a joke! I hope that these erroneous assumptions straightens themselves out in time

3 hours ago, Aamir King said:

But what, I also realised is that the majority of society doesn't realise this. They simply focus continuously on the interpretations of god, rather than on the true path to enlightenment, which is embroidered deep within the religion. 

Those of you with other religions, am I wrong? But if I am not, please list your or any other religion and the path to enlightenment within it. I was referring to Islam in the previous paragraph.

You are absolutely right dude. A majority of society is indoctrinated.  

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

Thanks for your opinions guys!

@Aamir King Right, cause who the hell wants to fast for 30 days when you could just watch cartoons and eat ice cream instead?

How can we turn this whole thing about fasting for 30 days into more like cartoons and ice cream? So the kids like it ;)

I know!

We could promise 72 virgin vaginas! Way better than cartoons and ice cream! Besides, cartoons haven't been invented yet and ice cream melts pretty fast in the desert.

So... any takers?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Awwww. . . but Leo! I love my cartoons and ice cream! How dare you try take away my emotional crutches!

@Leo Gura What's  your religion or if you don't have one why and why is you do and why did you pick the one you have chosen? (Assuming you had one)

religions steal things from what we are and what life is, most commonly being spirituality, working with the subconscious (praying) and how to deal with others and they overwrite/modify and nest those things with supernatural stories, illogical rules and trash of all kinds and there you have it, a new religion.

now go and convince everyone you can reach that they must live by it and that doing those things without this filter will get them in hell forever :D

people who get into religion and never get into personal development will actually think that religion holds all those things. both religion and personal development are guides, they don't hold anything.

all jokes aside, for your growth it's better to do brute personal development. there are good life advices and teachings in religious books that were good at their time but in 2016 with all that we know and all the material we have, religion fails drastically in offering wisdom and teachings to base your psychology and way of life on.

Edited by actualized1

Never mind 

Edited by Kayako

It's better to burn out than fade away