Jay Ray

Is dying dangerous?

10 posts in this topic

Here is a philosophical question that has been on my mind recently. Is dying dangerous?

when someone is afraid of any kind of danger, then they are comparing it to death as the ultimate "danger" but if we really think about this from multiple perspectives then it starts to fall apart.

"OMG, you don't want to walk down that dark alley at night that is so dangerous!"  well what could happen, nothing bad could happen, you could get mugged you get stabled or you could be murdered or kidnaped.  BUT is dying dangerous? If dying is safe then really what is dangerous then? 

If I will be reincarnated for eternity then is dying dangerous or is it safe?

if this life is all that I have is death dangerous or is it safe?

if there is a stage blue style afterlife is dying safe or is it dangerous? 

just a philosophical question to ponder, no right or wrong answers 

what do you think? 

"I have a friend named, Emmanuel. Some of you have met him through his books. He is a spook, a being of Light that has dropped his body. Emmanuel shares a lot of great wisdom. He is like an uncle to me. I once said to him, “Emmanuel, I often deal with the fear of death in this culture. What should I tell people about dying?”And Emmanuel said, “Tell them it’s absolutely SAFE!” He said, “It’s like taking off a tight shoe.”

Ram Dass :) 

9 hours ago, Jay Ray said:

Here is a philosophical question that has been on my mind recently. Is dying dangerous?

when someone is afraid of any kind of danger, then they are comparing it to death as the ultimate "danger" but if we really think about this from multiple perspectives then it starts to fall apart.

"OMG, you don't want to walk down that dark alley at night that is so dangerous!"  well what could happen, nothing bad could happen, you could get mugged you get stabled or you could be murdered or kidnaped.  BUT is dying dangerous? If dying is safe then really what is dangerous then? 

what do you think? 

Death is the biggest problem for the sense of self. That's why it creates belief's of a soul that continues on to the afterlife, infinite consciousness, reincarnation or whatever have you.

What it can't recognize is that it already isn't alive. It's Maya illusion of the self. 

So nothing dies or continues on living because it isn't real from the very start. 

So safe and dangerous are equally meaningless to that which isn't real.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

10 hours ago, Jay Ray said:

what do you think? 

In the context of life/death duality, life is the dangerous one. Death is the cessation of danger because it’s the cessation of life. If you reincarnate eternally, than you face danger eternally. If you have one life, the danger is very limited and has a much greater impact because you only get one chance. Your level of development doesn’t matter, ultimately.

God is dangerous, and It is safe, too.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Absolute Freedom = Absolute Safety

4 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Death is the biggest problem for the sense of self. That's why it creates belief's of a soul that continues on to the afterlife, infinite consciousness, reincarnation or whatever have you.

What it can't recognize is that it already isn't alive. It's Maya illusion of the self. 

So nothing dies or continues on living because it isn't real from the very start. 

So safe and dangerous are equally meaningless to that which isn't real.

You are so stuck in your no self brother.

This is just thoughts and you dont know shit what will happen. 

This no self bullshit buddhism and so forth is not the original teachings of the Buddha, this is nihilistic new age bullshit. 

If you really wanna go so far, you are the Absolute. 

But GOD is real and is the opposite from the Absolute but it is still the same thing just different versions of reality.

Infinite conciousness is a thing, even if the Absolute is untouched, conciousness is isness and will always be isness,  thats what god does, it is limited to ISNESS itself.

Which is everything, but you still can witness it, so what you are is the Absolute.

You are like an materialist which claims conciousness is an illusion. 

WAKE UP.

Awareness IS.

Always.

this is from direct experience.

Nothing but imagination and speculation from ur part. 

Reality is EVERYTHING, can you get it?

Obviously you limit reality down to no self lol.

Anatta in ancient pali is VIA NEGATIVA, buddha didnt teach that no self is the highest,  the soul IS. 

NO SELF cant transcend anything.

The Self is the Absolute. 

Pure awareness shining on its own.

You think the buddha taught the cosmic oblivion lol.. The nihilistic atheistic view, that the " creation" came from non existence..

Infinite nothingness is not NON EXISTENCE. 

IT IS PURE AWARENESS.

Not no self bullshit. no self is the psycho physical body.

Form is anatta IE no self, but atman is the soul.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

If you don't think dying is dangerous, then go and play russian roulette.

1 hour ago, Adamq8 said:

You are so stuck in your no self brother.

This is just thoughts and you dont know shit what will happen. 

This no self bullshit buddhism and so forth is not the original teachings of the Buddha, this is nihilistic new age bullshit. 

If you really wanna go so far, you are the Absolute. 

But GOD is real and is the opposite from the Absolute but it is still the same thing just different versions of reality.

Infinite conciousness is a thing, even if the Absolute is untouched, conciousness is isness and will always be isness,  thats what god does, it is limited to ISNESS itself.

Which is everything, but you still can witness it, so what you are is the Absolute.

You are like an materialist which claims conciousness is an illusion. 

WAKE UP.

Awareness IS.

Always.

this is from direct experience.

Nothing but imagination and speculation from ur part. 

Reality is EVERYTHING, can you get it?

Obviously you limit reality down to no self lol.

Anatta in ancient pali is VIA NEGATIVA, buddha didnt teach that no self is the highest,  the soul IS. 

NO SELF cant transcend anything.

The Self is the Absolute. 

Pure awareness shining on its own.

You think the buddha taught the cosmic oblivion lol.. The nihilistic atheistic view, that the " creation" came from non existence..

Infinite nothingness is not NON EXISTENCE. 

IT IS PURE AWARENESS.

Not no self bullshit. no self is the psycho physical body.

Form is anatta IE no self, but atman is the soul.

And that's just what's being experienced there bro. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi