Aturban

Is life a dream?

15 posts in this topic

If you awaken from this illusion and you understand that black implies white, self implies other, life implies death (or shall I say death implies life?), you can feel yourself – not as a stranger in the world, not as something here on probation, not as something that has arrived here by fluke - but you can begin to feel your own existence as absolutely fundamental.

Are you asking a question?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 hours ago, Aturban said:

If you awaken from this illusion and you understand that black implies white, self implies other, life implies death (or shall I say death implies life?), you can feel yourself – not as a stranger in the world, not as something here on probation, not as something that has arrived here by fluke - but you can begin to feel your own existence as absolutely fundamental.

THere is no life, world nor death. Your birth and universe is just a process of thoughts.  Every so called knowledge comes from so called “I”, including word of “knowledge “. Just putting meaning, naming and labeling the words and thoughts (inculuding saying words to”words”, thoughts to “thoughts “) creates so called “separation “. Forget everything that “you” have learned (including “yourself”). Whatever left is your true self, as before so called “birth”. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

It's dream like in the sense that all the meaning purpose and value casted onto reality by the separate sense of self is ultimately illusory and when the body/mind dies there will not be even the slightest remembrance of existence. 

Only nobody can know this ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Life is a dream, you wake up when you die. 

Dream is a relative term arising dependently with the concept of reality. You can't have one without the other. For a "dream" to exist there must be a "realer" experience to compare it with. 

Reality is completely non dual. It's neither a dream nor not a dream. So what's the best way to view it? The opposite of how you view it now. If you think its a dream, try to examine its realness. If you think its real, try to examine its illusoriness. 

The issue is that most people believe the structure of dreams are WAY different than reality. That's simply not true. The context behind both is the same. Both dreams and reality are simply the imagination of you as God. Relative to the materialist paradigm, both reality and dreams are mind at their core, not matter (although relative to the idealist paradigm, reality and dreams are matter at their core, not mind). 

The point is that the structure is essentially the same. The only difference between a very realistic dream and reality is that reality is a continuous dream whereas dreams at night stand alone. You can think of reality as the main movie and your dreams at night as commercials within the movie.  

There is no black without white. No joy without suffering. No love without hate. Do you choose duality, with its inevitable transience, or changeless, ultimate reality? Whether or not you understand it, You do.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

it is a dream in the sense that there is no i, it is a fantasy created by the collective thought system. When you wake up from that dream, reality is left without identity, you are the perceiver and the perceived. in another deeper sense, it could be said that the material universe is a dream of the absolute, of infinite consciousness, that it really is nothing if you contrast it with the infinite, which is empty, without content

Row row row your boat, gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily...

TA DA!!!!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16