Bronsoval

Enlightenment Vs Compassion

31 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tron said:

Could you elaborate on this? In what ways was Jesus a prick? I always want to know more about Jesus seeing that I came from a Christian background. 

Read the Bible and look at his demeanor.

Jesus was basically a radical spiritual revolutionary and nutcase who ran around town yelling, "The world is ending!" He had a bone to pick with the materialistic corruptions of Judaism, his religion.

Several short years of that kind of behavior got him executed by the establishment. Understandably so.

That's how it would have looked to you if you were alive in that era.


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/09/2016 at 10:44 AM, Leo Gura said:

Don't equate enlightenment with automatic goodness. That goodness requires MUCH additional work. And it's actually easier to become deeply enlightened than to become perfectly good.

I like what you said here, and I like your most recent clip talking about reaching higher consciousness. It helps to meditate and dissolve the fictional ego as much as possible. Then, do self-inquiry and pay attention to your thoughts. I find this step very important. It's not just about seeing and being the infinite - although this helps. Completing the life purpose and life lessons enough till you've made a contribution to this world is fulfilling cause if you don't, you may think something is missing in the "end." Life is a school that you don't want to flunk out. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Read the Bible and look at his demeanor.

Jesus was basically a radical spiritual revolutionary and nutcase who ran around town yelling, "The world is ending!" He had a bone to pick with the materialistic corruptions of Judaism, his religion.

Several short years of that kind of behavior got him executed by the establishment. Understandably so.

That's how it would have looked to you if you were alive in that era.

Thanks Leo and the one above me for your responses. In always trying to balance being good with being a prick lately lmao 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's true, Jesus was radical, dogmatic, and harsh with his teachings. But...he was on to something that few people in his society realized at the time. And he sacrificed his own life for the "greater good" of humanity. I guess that's why he became so romanticized after his death.

I do wonder how he began his spiritual journey. Did he become enlightened naturally? Or did he travel abroad and learned about spirituality from the east, and then saw through the bullshit of the egoistic, dogmatic customs of Judaism practiced at the time? There's no way to ever know, but it's fun to speculate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Frogfucius said:

That's true, Jesus was radical, dogmatic, and harsh with his teachings. But...he was on to something that few people in his society realized at the time. And he sacrificed his own life for the "greater good" of humanity. I guess that's why he became so romanticized after his death.

I do wonder how he began his spiritual journey. Did he become enlightened naturally? Or did he travel abroad and learned about spirituality from the east, and then saw through the bullshit of the egoistic, dogmatic customs of Judaism practiced at the time? There's no way to ever know, but it's fun to speculate.

Seeing that there is no recording of his young adult years, and he essentially disappears and comes back around his thirties, I'd like to think that he traveled to places such as India to learn deeper spiritual truths. I guess one will never fully know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Tron said:

Could you elaborate on this? In what ways was Jesus a prick? I always want to know more about Jesus seeing that I came from a Christian background. 

Two words.  Money changers.  Jesus got pissed off because the money changers were making money by hiking the prices of things that were required to participate in the passover festivities.  He walked in like a boss and started flipping the tables over and yelling at them.  They had it coming, but that was a dick move.  I take solice in this because even though it was a jerk thing to do, it wasn't counted as sin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura I've of course always been fascinated with Jesus. H'ed be one of the top dudes to meet, but he might try to fucking drown you so you can die before you die. Kind of scary, but awesome. When's he coming back :)??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bronsoval Enlightenment = Compassion.

 

Let me explain.

One cannot remain in the awakened mind that equals compassion due to his discipline. If all defilements are gone, one lives secluded from sense gratification and worldly activities always doing good, this being has perfect overview and knows that in those beings that suffer, also in their hearts is the supreme, and this being, no matter how hard he tries, does not see it. And becomes compassionate. He sees in all things the Supreme. And all those who do not see this, he is compassionate about.

His state remains in compassion due to constant polarity to be compassionate about. There for one must seclude from sense indulgence, give up most of his possessions, and always remain mindful of the Supreme, that is all pervasive Awareness in order to be compassionate about polarity, and those stuck in it. So in the presence of such a being, the other becomes compassionate as well, but returns to his daily life after, and its gone again, and here the holy man, is also compassionate about, and there for he goes on and on preaching to live simple, to strive to which is deathless, which is within all our hearts so that they do refrain from sense indulgence as well so they don't need to cry no more, and become family and don't need to leave no more.

Thinking that compassion and enlightenment are separated because there is a famine and a masculine, is thinking the wrong way around. There is famine and masculine because there is the Supreme. And those who attain it, there for are compassionate to both male and female that suffer by the same root that is their desire.

The same can be said about enlightenment and enlightening others, there for Enlightenment = Compassion.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBDIoLi3C4 Ahayah Ashar Ahayah, chant and be free!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2016 at 3:10 AM, Tron said:

Could you elaborate on this? In what ways was Jesus a prick? I always want to know more about Jesus seeing that I came from a Christian background. 

Gospel of Thomas looks good, found in the Nag Hammadi discovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/09/2016 at 10:21 AM, Bronsoval said:

Is enlightenment equal to compassion?

Compassion is a byproduct of enlightenment, as from the base of True being one recognises suffering for what it is.

True awakening is to become a reflection of that which is unconditional in every single aspect, without question, without judgement, and if you fall short, then you have only been afforded a glimpse. 

The glimpse is dangerous as it causes one to stop, and think I have found Truth, which the ego loves, while clinging to the truths that sustain it for longer, thus birthing the super ego, that all actions are ok, as all is a reflection of that, which is true, without being Truth-full.

I imagine that this post will ruffle a few egos, lol.

Edited by Brimstone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 7:27 PM, Brimstone said:

 

The glimpse is dangerous as it causes one to stop, and think I have found Truth, which the ego loves, while clinging to the truths that sustain it for longer, thus birthing the super ego, that all actions are ok, as all is a reflection of that, which is true, without being Truth-full.

 

So you're saying that "all actions are ok" is a byproduct of the super ego? Could you go a little more in depth with this? I feel as if I know what you are talking about and would like to become more aware of it. 

Edited by Tron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now