DecemberFlower

Why is easier to fear then to love

33 posts in this topic

If universe is an expression of love why is there much more people who live behave and think based on fear and it seems to be much easier then to live based in love. Wouldnt it be more natural to gravitate towards love then fear in such a universe? And yet fear seems to be much more common

Why do novelists write horror or drama? Imagine asking them "why dont you write only romance novels with happy endings?"

Out of infinite possibilities, the reality we live right now just happens to be a reality where survival is the main gameplay mechanic.

Edited by Mafortu

@Mafortu Cant we have survival with love instead of fear.. That we ensure our survival by cooperating and caring for ourselves instead of dividing and fighting for our egos? 

25 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

@Mafortu Cant we have survival with love instead of fear..

That's not how survival works thoxD

Survival = maintaining some particular form/identity

Fear = emotional response to threat to that particular form/identity

29 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

That we ensure our survival by cooperating and caring for ourselves instead of dividing and fighting for our egos? 

Haha, but that's still our ego fighting to survive, only in a cooperative manner:) 

@DecemberFlower Fear means that we don't touch hot objects for too long, we don't jump from tall heights or approach dangerous predators. 

If you relax every muscle whilst standing, your body will have a fear reflex to stop yourself from falling over backwards (the reflex to retrain if you want to learn to backflip) 

Fear is a withdrawal and contracting (from something, perhaps). That remains the case whether the fear is public speaking or falling off of heights, although intensity of the feeling and level of consequences to them are different. 

A lot of the people or places you read from are very ungrounded in what ever ideas of love they're trying to give you, since if you made their lives just a tad bit more stressful they'd abondon everything they say or preach about it. Or they're full of fear but avoid acknowledging it by creating a castle of ignorance called "love" to laze around in. 

Talking about fear as neccesary for physical/biological survival, that gives more light. But why was reality made this way? (if such a meaning/why exists). That I don't know or couldn't tell you. Survival has physical dangers and physical barriers, and fear seems to come with that. But why or how that all works deeper? Not sure. 

It's for this reason I admire people who do stunts or put themselves in danger. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@DecemberFlower You are confusing love as an emotion with Love as existence.

5 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

If universe is an expression of love why is there much more people who live behave and think based on fear and it seems to be much easier then to live based in love.

Fear is Love, though it might not necessarily be love. 

4 billion years of fear were required to engineer your body and mind so that it can survive long enough to learn the word "love".

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@DecemberFlower

Because that's the game that is being played here. Going from fear / separation to love / oneness. You couldn't have the journey otherwise and know  yourself as God.

@Leo Gura @Leo Gura Love could as easily engineer a universe where 4 billion years of fear would not be required to experience Love wouldnt it. Why such enormous effort and struggle in the world just for few rare individuals to realize oneness if love is the nature of the universe

Edited by DecemberFlower

@aurum True but why such a hard game. Why couldnt it be engineered in such a way where most individuals would realize oneness and not just few rare ones

@Tim R Yeah fear is Love in absolute domain but that still doesnt explain why should there be such struggle in the world based on fear if nature of the universe is love. Cause even though fear is love it is a very limited and shallow form of love. At least conpared to unconditional love. Why not engineer a universe where most individuals are experiencing oneness or true love and just few ones are living in fear.. That would be more loving based scenario. Or i miss something here... 

Edited by DecemberFlower

19 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

@aurum True but why such a hard game. Why couldnt it be engineered in such a way where most individuals would realize oneness and not just few rare ones

xD you’re missing it.

There is no way to fail at this. You and everything else is God, and there’s no way you could not realize that. At worst you can delude yourself until your “death”.

The few rare ones you are talking about are also you. All souls will return to God because there is no other possibility. This game is perfectly rigged in your and everyone else’s favor. All setbacks are only temporary and are what allow for the journey to take place.

But I get it, the journey can be brutally hard at times. You can go through deep darkness, depression and fear. But that’s all okay too. That’s all part of it. Wrap the darkness in love and watch it transform.

Edited by aurum

1 minute ago, aurum said:

xD you’re missing it.

There is no way to fail at this. You and everything else is God, and there’s no way you could not realize that. At worst you can delude yourself until your “death”.

This might be true in absolute level but in relative level where we live still you can not honestly say that oneness in realized in most individuals and they choose love over fear. Thats simply not the case. And yes i see that since God is everything and everyone everyone will eventually at some point realize that however i still dont seem to understand why is needed that world is inclined towards fear in universe designed as expression of love. Why such hardships to most creatures and beings? Only thing that comes to my mind is that realization of love is so much more pleasurable after so much fear but I m not sure that would comfort people going through suffering

7 hours ago, DecemberFlower said:

If universe is an expression of love why is there much more people who live behave and think based on fear and it seems to be much easier then to live based in love. Wouldnt it be more natural to gravitate towards love then fear in such a universe? And yet fear seems to be much more common

Relax. fear is love. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

One can argue that since Love is all there is fear isnt an issue since it is an expression of love however at our practical mundane life you surely would rather see compassion then agression and judgement yet the opposite is the case in most humans. So even though compassion judgement and agression are all based in Love compassion is surely a higher form of love and much more beneficial for humanity. And yet fear based judgement and agression are more prevalent... 

@DecemberFlower where do you find absolute and relative? It's all one. 

because "Love" is unconditional it cannot exclude fear. So it allows it to be as part of itself.  About your embodied love.. It boils down to your level of consciousness. Are you conscious enough to recognize that there is nothing to fear? When you are you will see that even fear is part of perfection. It's kinda paradoxical as it should be. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

10 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

This might be true in absolute level but in relative level where we live still you can not honestly say that oneness in realized in most individuals and they choose love over fear. Thats simply not the case. And yes i see that since God is everything and everyone everyone will eventually at some point realize that however i still dont seem to understand why is needed that world is inclined towards fear in universe designed as expression of love. Why such hardships to most creatures and beings? Only thing that comes to my mind is that realization of love is so much more pleasurable after so much fear but I m not sure that would comfort people going through suffering

You’re dismissing what is being said here because “that’s only the absolute level”. The absolute level is the deepest truth. And the absolute and relative are not separate.

Your question has already been answered. Fear is the illusion that you are not God. This illusion is necessary to a certain degree because it’s the only way God can know itself. 

On a relative level we could talk about how society perpetuates this fear. But that’s not the deepest realization.

If you still don’t get it, that’s perfectly fine. People have struggled with these questions for years and years. Go meditate or whatever your chosen spiritual practice is and come back to it. The more work you do, the more it will make sense.

@Someone here Its all one however that doesnt mean that fear and love based behaviour is ultimately the same and that love based behaviour such as compassion is much harder then fear based behaviour such as judgement.