TrippyMindSubstance

Share your sober awakening experiences

26 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, inFlow said:

think your point is that you want to know if you can BE very spiritual sober and the answer is - ofcourse.

This wasn't really what I meant, it's been just about 2 years now since I've done any kind of drug precisely because I realized that I can reach the same levels of spirituality sober if I put in the work, I'm more interested in what you mentioned below and the distinction between the two:

6 hours ago, inFlow said:

It's not only in those deep realizations where we are with God or Infinity. As time goes by you realize that you always are with it, you just need to stop, remember that and feel into it.

I think I have very similar experiences to what you mention when hearing God in music and having it bring tears to your eyes or remembering it and feeling into it to a degree, but again to me this feels more intellectual, even when it comes with feelings of deep joy and peace. In my experience, these are completely separate things from for example, what @Nahm said, which is the "awakening" I can personally relate to the most. It's not really complicated and there's no way you can misinterpret it, its just a very clear, radical change in experience from separation to oneness/infinity, exactly like if someone just flipped on a light switch and now you see it.

Those are the kinds of sober experiences in most interested in hearing about, but regardless I'm still interested in everyone else's experiences whether they think they qualify under my definition or not so thank you @QandC, @nistake, @JosephKnecht, @James123, @mandyjw, and @Delis for commenting as well!

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:
4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Sat on the cushion one morning and like someone flipped on a light switch, there was only one infinite ‘substance’, and it was me.

latest?cb=20121008090331&f=1&nofb=1

@DefinitelyNotARobot LOL

@mandyjw and @Delis it's really interesting that you guys had such involved/complex experiences compared to the simple "one moment you're not awake, the next moment you are" that I'm more familiar with. Some of the things you guys talked about I feel like I've experienced on psychedelic trips where I didn't feel like I had that light switch awakening, but still experienced things like "My biggest judgments, fears and traumatic moments were seen in an entirely new light and Understanding of Love", "People glowed. Everything glowed", "I started to see things coming to me (consciousness) while walking or driving a car instead of me moving in space". 

Cool stuff everyone, keep it coming :D

@TrippyMindSubstance I had a massive awakening last year. The main gist of it was: everything you’re seeing right now is all that exists. Before the experience, I was living in a planet with countries, and the planet was floating in space somewhere in the universe.

After the experience, that illusion was permanently shattered. The room I was in was all that existed. Everything outside the room was just thoughts in my mind, i.e. not real. There was no longer a city outside the room, no longer a past or future. The present experience was all that ever existed. This was a permanent awakening that has never left me.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

So, once I sat on my dark desk at night. The light of the street shines in and illuminates a plastic bag laying on the table in front of me.

Magic. Pure beauty. The light of the stars and the shine of the setting sun on the clouds are in the bag.

The child is mesmerized.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.