electroBeam

Handling Ego Death?

40 posts in this topic

So recently I took 5-MeO-DMT, but only 7.5 mgs.

Time doesn't really exist in that realm, but if I had to convert the experiences I had, back to this real world, in the middle of my DMT trip I experienced(literally) hell. 

The hell felt like it was going to go for eternity,

My world view was literally imploding. It wasn't just the ego that was burning itself at 1000 degrees C, but my entire world view. 

There was no satisfaction, no happiness, just pure suffering. 

You know how people say when you reach enlightenment, you become pure love, well in that trip, I became the exact opposite -> Satan. I became pure suffering, I was suffering itself.

This experience was ridiculously horrible, and it felt like I was going to be there forever. I do of course take spirituality seriously, and would like to experience god in full force at least once, because I believe the wisdom gained by that experience would help me, but man the pain was ridiculous. 

How do you guys come into grip with accepting such a horrible state. What do you guys say? What relaxation techniques can you apply to a state where you can't even think?

Thanks peeps.

Edited by electroBeam

@mikeyy If I told you I would have to kill you ;) 

HINT I live in a country filled with wild plants and trees that have it.

I've had it for a while(before Leo's mushroom video) and decided to take it after his video.

Ah shit just got to part in video where leo says dont take under 21....damnn

My best guess would be is I reckon a person has to have a healthy, happy ego which is willing to take a bit of flack.  If someone is unhappy or has a weak identity or trying this to get out of building their ego up, doing the work on the personal side, it might be a hard experience because the fear and mistrust is going to be exacerbated.

True but hes much more conscious than me so I think ill take his advice(:

22 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

This experience was ridiculously horrible

It depends on the person’s mind – psychedelic only magnifies, multiplies. If you are a miserable person, psychedelic will make you a million times more miserable. If you are a man of joy, psychedelic will magnify your joy a thousand times.

maybe those experiences are a recollection of your true existential thoughts. Maybe you have a fear of dying and fear of going to hell that you don't want to confront. 

From the video, it sounds like you didn't "break through". Leo said lower doses will often only cause panic attacks.

I'm not looking down on you. I've had an awakening experience and resisted it the whole way as well. But I still really want to try this drug to see how it compares and if I can deepen my own understanding.

Edited by aurum

6 hours ago, electroBeam said:

So recently I took 5-MeO-DMT, but only 7.5 grams.

Time doesn't really exist in that realm, but if I had to convert the experiences I had, back to this real world, in the middle of my DMT trip I experienced(literally) hell. 

The hell felt like it was going to go for eternity,

My world view was literally imploding. It wasn't just the ego that was burning itself at 1000 degrees C, but my entire world view. 

There was no satisfaction, no happiness, just pure suffering. 

You know how people say when you reach enlightenment, you become pure love, well in that trip, I became the exact opposite -> Satan. I became pure suffering, I was suffering itself.

This experience was ridiculously horrible, and it felt like I was going to be there forever. I do of course take spirituality seriously, and would like to experience god in full force at least once, because I believe the wisdom gained by that experience would help me, but man the pain was ridiculous. 

How do you guys come into grip with accepting such a horrible state. What do you guys say? What relaxation techniques can you apply to a state where you can't even think?

Thanks peeps.

I dont prepair. Mayby you can i dont care. I dont try anything at all. 

I just take alot of. I mean ALOT of mushrooms or whatever i have. Lsd or 1p-LSD.

Got my enlightment experience with 1p-lsd and etizolam. It didnt stick but i know what am going for.

@electroBeam

A) Not enough foundation work

B) Too young

C) Too low a dose

D) Discounting the value of bad trips as part of the growth path

E) You're probably failing to fully surrender

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura You mentioned in your newest video that you recommend a 30mg dose of 5-MeO-DMT for an effective experience, yet I have seen on other info sites (such as erowid and dmtnexus) that the maximum recommended dosage is about 20mg. Is this a discrepancy? 

16 minutes ago, Baul said:

@Leo Gura You mentioned in your newest video that you recommend a 30mg dose of 5-MeO-DMT for an effective experience, yet I have seen on other info sites (such as erowid and dmtnexus) that the maximum recommended dosage is about 20mg. Is this a discrepancy? 

There are 2 different forms of it, one snortable and one smokable . The snortable requires a slightly higher dosage . 

@Baul https://erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_dmt/5meo_dmt_dose.shtml

As you can see insufflated says 10-25mg for a strong dose. It does not state that 25mg is the highest maximum recommended dose. 30mg will not be a problem (as in you will not be in physical danger) if you have a good calibrated 0.001 mg scale, though going further than that is not really necessary, after all the 5-MeO-xxx substances are notoriously hard on your body but LD50 rate is 115 mg/kg so you will have to do quite a bit to cause permanent physical damage. Mental damage though is highly dependent on how prepared you go into it, because these substances are no joke.

Thanks guys, I realize that the dose I took was too low, my objective right now isnt to reach god, its to develop an ability to handle ego death.

Thankyou everyone for your responses.

@electroBeam who handles ego death?? 
you can't handle ego death, that's crazy! the thing that is handling it is the thing that vanishes from existence.
death is going to have its way with you either way, better let go of struggle while you still can

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."