Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyubov

what do you think it would be like for a different animal on psychedelics ?

13 posts in this topic

How would a dog for instance react on magic mushrooms or understand the experience?

There is no need to speculate, there is plenty of documentation online relating to animals getting high with psychedelic substances.

Some dogs just chill and gaze at nothing, other dogs get the zoomies, there is a lot of confusion and vomiting involved. I know dolphins love getting high, cats love their catnip, octopuses turn more social.

It’s hard to get a sense of their subjective experience. I’d be curious what the brain scans look like. Brain decoders are advancing in resolutions. Soon we may be able to decode animal brain activity - like what images they see.

They've given rats just about every psychedelic under the sun. Their heads twitch a lot, that much is certain at the very least.

When dosing animals, keep in mind that size matters. The dosage needed for a moderate trip in rats would kill an elephant (RIP Tusko)

My dog ate a plate of pot brownies once. And another time ate a bag of mushrooms. She was out of it for many hours, and could barely stand. Hard to say what affect it had, although she was the most loving being I've ever known. But maybe the greatest clue of her enlightenment is that she died by mahasamadhi. I took her to the vet to put her down when she got sick. As I picked her up, she snugged into me and then went limp. She chose to die in my arms, rather than in the vet's. That's pretty high level enlightened if you ask me. Maybe it was from all the psychedelics she did. 

21 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

The dosage needed for a moderate trip in rats would kill an elephant (RIP Tusko)

Interesting. Could you explain this? 

28 minutes ago, xxxx said:

Interesting. Could you explain this? 

Smaller animals have faster metabolisms. Per kg, a rat would need a much higher dosage than larger animals. About 1mg/kg is a good trip for a mouse. In 1962, researchers did the first LSD study with an elephant and naively used the standard 1mg/kg concentration as rat studies - which we now know is massive dosage, And she died ? 

We still don’t know the lethal dose for humans. Years ago, there was a drug bust of an LSD lab. The cops didn’t know LSD can be absorbed through the skin. One cop handled many LSD sheets without gloves. It’s estimated he absorbed hundreds of hits worth. He was in the hospital trippin for like a week, yet came through ok. Yet I’m not sure if the story got embellished over the years.

34 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

My dog ate a plate of pot brownies once. And another time ate a bag of mushrooms. She was out of it for many hours, and could barely stand. Hard to say what affect it had, although she was the most loving being I've ever known. But maybe the greatest clue of her enlightenment is that she died by mahasamadhi. I took her to the vet to put her down when she got sick. As I picked her up, she snugged into me and then went limp. She chose to die in my arms, rather than in the vet's. That's pretty high level enlightened if you ask me. Maybe it was from all the psychedelics she did. 

Sad and sweet ♥️ ? 

2 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

We still don’t know the lethal dose for humans. Years ago, there was a drug bust of an LSD lab. The cops didn’t know LSD can be absorbed through the skin. One cop handled many LSD sheets without gloves. It’s estimated he absorbed hundreds of hits worth. He was in the hospital trippin for like a week, yet came through ok. Yet I’m not sure if the story got embellished over the years.

photo of said cop after

haight-hippie_5463.jpg 

Thank you, @Forestluv.

13 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

In 1962, researchers did the first LSD study with an elephant and naively used the standard 1mg/kg concentration as rat studies - which we now know is massive dosage, And she died 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2004/feb/26/research.science

This is what this Guardian article says. 

"While the experiment is quoted as evidence of LSD's toxicity, it seems most likely that the Thorazine or the combination of drugs killed Tusko, not the acid. Lending credence to this, in 1984 psychologist Ronald K Siegel repeated the experiment with two elephants, using LSD only. Both survived." 

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

It’d be like thoughts, perception, and feeling. xD

xD?