Striving for more

I am moving to Spain - How should I do this

33 posts in this topic

I am moving to Spain ASAP & I quit my job with no regrets & I plan to make money online.

Not necessarily a "Logical" or "safe" choice. I don't give a fuck. This is the first time I'll ever have acted on gut, & I'm willing to just try.  

I have about $5-7K saved up

Before you say "wait till covid is over" please go away, covid is in every country anyway. 

Spanish people or avid travellers please give suggestions on how to get killer rent, best regions to go to, best places to be regarding covid restrictions.

I am thinking Barcelona as it looks super cool but I also like nature so I am open to the south,

I am young and extroverted but I also like my chill time and nature, I want to meet girls as well but if covid stays then just 1 hot girlfriend will keep me sane. 

tldr : tips, tricks, advice, killer rent secrets, locations, open gyms / outdoor gyms  best regions for covid/Least tyrannical restrictions, best atmosphere.

*** If anyone has any better suggestions of a better country they think I should move to, feel free to suggest. I have my heart on Spain but if you explain why Sweden or whatever is better ect.. that will be interesting 

Edited by Striving for more

I've lived in Málaga ( bottom of Spain) for last 16 years . I've lived 6 months in Barcelona. That's how long 5k€ lasted me there. Housing is really expensive, dont expect to get a decent room under 450€/ month. 

In my opinion, Valencia would be the best bang for your buck in terms of cheap rent, life quality, populates city etc. It's the 4th largest province in Spain. 

But why Spain? . Consider Germany / Netherlands or even Swizzerland. 

If you want to live cheap in a big city for pick up and work online go for Warsaw or Krakow in Poland. It's expensive from Polish POV but still way more cheap than other European countries. 

1 room in center of Barcelona = 500€ = 2200 PNL. 

1 room in center of Warsaw = less than 1000 PNL, like not even 200€.

You do you, but if I could travel back in time I'd definatelty go to  a big city in Poland or Netherlands / Germany / Swizzerland. 

Whats with the rush though? 

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

btw feel free to dm me anything about Spain

24 minutes ago, mmKay said:

But why Spain? . Consider Germany / Netherlands or even Swizzerland. 

If you want to live cheap in a big city for pick up and work online go for Warsaw or Krakow in Poland. It's expensive from Polish POV but still way more cheap than other European countries. 

they don't have the mediterranean sea and colder climates

@mmKay That's you but I would personally hate Poland. Weather and culture matters. 

I am not looking for the cheapest rent, just something reasonable. But to be honest. I am trying to aim big here in life and make good money, not rely on being a penny pincher.

500 euros isn't even that much ? That's cheaper than most places in UK, & considering how much better the weather, people and women are, it's like obviously 10000000 times better

49 minutes ago, mmKay said:

Whats with the rush though? 

Life is short. I'm bored. Need something new. I want this so bad. I hate my country.

I don't get when people say this. We're gonna get old & die very soon. I don't want to waste my youth. 

I feel like it will force me to make money online. I have a plan but I can't motivate myself at home, need a good environment. 

49 minutes ago, mmKay said:

But why Spain? . Consider Germany / Netherlands or even Switzerland. 

My question is why not Spain? The weather, women, culture, beautiful language, mix of city life & nature  

Not keen on Germany. But Amsterdam looks really cool. Still not great whether though. 

Everything is dead because of the covid men. You couldn´t even use tinder because coffe shops are closed in most regions. I would wait to the summer (june-july), maybe the restricions are lower at that time and also you have good weather.

Apatment in Barcelon 1.000 eur by the way, not 500.

Edited by RedLine

22 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Apatment in Barcelon 1.000 eur by the way, not 500.

I said ROOM, with random normies. Forget about whole aparments that's 1300€+ month and like 2 months of deposit when you move in , they usually sign contracts for 6 months to 2 years and they NEED YOU TO HAVE A JOB CONTRACT otherwise they wont even consider you. 

45 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

@mmKay Life is short. I'm bored. Need something new. I want this so bad. I hate my country.

We're gonna get old & die very soon. I don't want to waste my youth.

I find that attitude great, but consider that by doing a rushed unplanned not-strategic move you actually may be wasting your resources and therefore wasting your youth. 

Edited by mmKay

@Striving for more

If low on cash and just needing a place to live while you pursue next stage, why stay in Europe?

I lived in certain parts of Asia for much cheaper than anything found in the EU, and lived quite well. I was a bit extreme as a shoestring traveler at times, but there are plenty of levels of desired comfort anyone can explore.

Maybe it's a visa thing. Feel free to ask for ideas if curious.

2 minutes ago, kbone said:

@Striving for more

If low on cash and just needing a place to live while you pursue next stage, why stay in Europe?

I lived in certain parts of Asia for much cheaper than anything found in the EU, and lived quite well. I was a bit extreme as a shoestring traveler at times, but there are plenty of levels of desired comfort anyone can explore.

Maybe it's a visa thing. Feel free to ask for ideas if curious.

Southeast Asia (which I guess is what you're referring to) is hard to get to at the moment, I think most countries have their borders closed. I'm in Vietnam and there's no way to get in here, and I think it's the same elsewhere. I don't know about Thailand, I read somewhere that they want to get the economy going again and they need tourists to do it.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Gili Trawangan No thanks to Thailand haha I will end up in a cell first day I arrive because "drugs were in my passport", spending the next 2 weeks getting family to try and pay the corrupt police. 

Tooo much corruption, never ever going there. 

@Gili Trawangan

Yes, for many travelers, SE Asia is a better comfort zone. You're right; there may indeed be some border issues at this time in history. Good point.

I assume your avatar pic is from one of the gorgeous islands of that area? Nice.

Edit: Just realized your avatar name, hehe. I spent time on Gili Air waaay back when.

Edited by kbone

Why not Bali? 

I’m hoping to move there soon as they’re much more open than most places & it’s filled with online Entrepreneurs, especially Canggu. 

and, it’s quite straightforward to get up to a 6 month visa there (hopefully Covid will be done by then, or mostly finished!) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

14 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

@Gili Trawangan No thanks to Thailand haha I will end up in a cell first day I arrive because "drugs were in my passport", spending the next 2 weeks getting family to try and pay the corrupt police. 

Tooo much corruption, never ever going there. 

@Striving for more Yes, I've heard the horror stories. I once met a guy who spent a week in a Thai prison because they had forgotten to stamp his passport on some border. But hey, if you're looking for easy girls, there's no place like it ;)

16 minutes ago, kbone said:

@Gili Trawangan

Yes, for many travelers, SE Asia is a better comfort zone. You're right; there may indeed be some border issues at this time in history. Good point.

I assume your avatar pic is from one of the gorgeous islands of that area? Nice.

Edit: Just realized your avatar name, hehe. I spent time on Gili Air waaay back when.

@kbone I actually never went to Gili Air, only stayed in Gili Trawangan. And the avatar picture is not even mine, haha, I just got it off of Google.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

@Gili Trawangan

From what I just read, I probably won't be going back. When I went, GA was the epitome of peaceful and chilled. I used to get up at the crack of dawn just to circumnavigate the island before the other 5-10 tourists awoke, hehe.

I can see the allure of  @LfcCharlie4 's plan. Bali is a beautiful island, if not a bit run over by farang. Such is modern life, though, and it remains relative to the touch!

@LfcCharlie4

10 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Why not Bali? 

I’m hoping to move there soon as they’re much more open than most places & it’s filled with online Entrepreneurs, especially Canggu. 

and, it’s quite straightforward to get up to a 6 month visa there (hopefully Covid will be done by then, or mostly finished!) 

That's actually a great suggestion. Bali looks beautiful.

DM me about Bali if you want to. 

2 hours ago, mmKay said:

I find that attitude great, but consider that by doing a rushed unplanned not-strategic move you actually may be wasting your resources and therefore wasting your youth. 

Thiss! 

Coincidentally, I was looking at dream apartments in Barcelona last night and I've never considered it before ?

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

ARHRHRH well why is there so much doubt I just don't want to be at home I came back home to save money and It sucks, I'm loosing tons of money, perhaps millions in the long run because I can't focus and have no drive. I literally just sit in my chair often for an hour just being angry because I find being at home so fucking annoying. Meditating doesn't solve shit. It makes me more self conscious and holds me back from like talking out loud or whatever useful thing I want to do.

I have this lingering numb feeling because I'm at home. Every time I hear my dad do anything I just shiver. 

There's nothing stopping me from moving out & still having my job but then I'm still in the same country and I want novelty. Also I don't want to live with random people as that could be just as bad as being home. It's hard to find a place to yourself unless it's a studio apartment for 800-1000 per month, whereas I could pay half that and have twice the space in Spain or south America.

Literally the number 1 personal growth thing for me to do these past few months was to move back out, because until I do that, I am fucked. I can't be myself, no point trying to date, motivation is down, work ethic down.

I'm very influenced by environment

@Striving for more

Lol just do it then

Sometimes following your gut is better than logic...if you have the right mindset in place

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi