Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

Would you tell people in public transport that they should wear the mask correctly?

27 posts in this topic

I see many people in public transport not wearing their mask correctly.

Some pull it down, some wear it over their mouth but not their nose etc.

Would you tell them they should wear it correctly?

Would you not care at all?

Would you think it's selfish but not say anything?

Would you yell at them?

Would you just decide case by case and if you have a bad mood maybe start an argument? :P 

it's also the general question, how to react to ignorant inconsiderate people in public spaces, public transport etc.

do you say something, do you say nothing

do you get annoyed on the inside without starting an argument

do you view it as an opportunity to practice awareness, forgiveness, love etc.

Edited by PurpleTree

I'd do nothing. I never wear mine either, and if anyone bothers me about it I just tell them I'm exempt due to breathing problems.

I'd tell them certainly. 

In fact the government should tell people to wear masks and those who don't wear a mask properly should be penalized.

It's not fair for people to take it for granted. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

14 minutes ago, Village said:

I'd do nothing. I never wear mine either, and if anyone bothers me about it I just tell them I'm exempt due to breathing problems.

if you're in a place with a high-ish infection rate, wear your mask in public transport pal -_- if not for you for others

I am against this whole stupid circle, mask, restrictions, confinement, etc. I only wear a mask so I don't get fined by the police so obviously not.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

I'd tell them certainly. 

?

I wish I had the energy to do it but after dealing with so many stupid people I'm feeling apathetic. 

What annoys me the most are the people who like to argue and get excited by it. I just turn away. 

Do you have any tips on how to deal with those kinds of people?

Just now, Opo said:

?

I wish I had the energy to do it but after dealing with so many stupid people I'm feeling apathetic. 

What annoys me the most are the people who like to argue and get excited by it. I just turn away. 

Do you have any tips on how to deal with those kinds of people?

Ask them how they would feel if a family member died because of their arrogance?

Form a local group of people in your area who agree with you and they can all walk together and convince the person to wear masks. 

I did this. In my apartment a lot of people weren't wearing masks and those who wore, it barely covered them and it was just a very bad mask that they wore just for namesake. 

So I formed a group like minded people and we went early morning when most people stepped out to get daily things and we stopped them and argued with them and convinced them to wear a proper mask. 

We to out our society committee or management and wrote messages on the bulletin board or notice board and told apartment people that whoever didn't follow the rule would have to be penalized. 

Since then almost every person in my apartment now wears a proper mask. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Form a local group of people in your area who agree with you and they can all walk together and convince

200.gif

4 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

it's also the general question, how to react to ignorant inconsiderate people in public spaces, public transport etc.

do you say something, do you say nothing

do you get annoyed on the inside without starting an argument

do you view it as an opportunity to practice awareness, forgiveness, love etc.

I probably wouldnt just because i think it causes more resistance, i get the feeling people who are brazenly not wearing masks are looking for someone to argue with so i think its better not to feed that. On personal level it doesnt annoy me its just a little disappointing.

Whats interesting is that recently the King of Sweden has come out to say that the Swedish approach of not really having a lockdown has failed, even Anders Tegnall, the head epidemiologist has said that he didnt expect the second wave to be as brutal as now the health service has said many cancer other treatments have had to be pushed back and theyre struggling. Keep in mind Sweden has a very good health service, so in other countries where they dont plus dont take measures, it could be catastrophic. This is the strongest indication that measures do need to be taken (if you need more than numbers) and shows masks are not just about telling you what to do and government control

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/17/king-sweden-failed-covid-strategy-rare-royal-rebuke-lockdown-hospitals-cases

Edited by Consept

5 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Would you tell them they should wear it correctly?

You will go to hell if you do this. I swear, you will. You will be fried in fire by the devil who has horns and a pitchfork and you will come out all black. I guarantee that you will.

*Sermon ends*

welcome-to-hell-4f9322c104.jpg

images.jpg

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

1 hour ago, Consept said:

I probably wouldnt just because i think it causes more resistance, i get the feeling people who are brazenly not wearing masks are looking for someone to argue with so i think its better not to feed that. On personal level it doesnt annoy me its just a little disappointing.

Generally i probably wouldn't say anything to inconsiderate people. But in this pandemic they're also endangering others by their ignorance, so it's really something else.

1 hour ago, Consept said:

Whats interesting is that recently the King of Sweden has come out to say that the Swedish approach of not really having a lockdown has failed, even Anders Tegnall, the head epidemiologist has said that he didnt expect the second wave to be as brutal as now the health service has said many cancer other treatments have had to be pushed back and theyre struggling. Keep in mind Sweden has a very good health service, so in other countries where they dont plus dont take measures, it could be catastrophic. This is the strongest indication that measures do need to be taken (if you need more than numbers) and shows masks are not just about telling you what to do and government control

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/17/king-sweden-failed-covid-strategy-rare-royal-rebuke-lockdown-hospitals-cases

Really? that's weird. According to worldometers Sweden has a very low death toll in recent weeks/months compared to other European countries.

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

Generally i probably wouldn't say anything to inconsiderate people. But in this pandemic they're also endangering others by their ignorance, so it's really something else.

Really? that's weird. According to worldometers Sweden has a very low death toll in recent weeks/months compared to other European countries.

Check it compared to other nordic countries 

9 minutes ago, Consept said:

Check it compared to other nordic countries 

Check it compared to Belgium, Swiss, Netherlands, UK, Portugal, Austria, Czech, etc.

Sweden had a very high death toll in the beginning but since months, it's low according to worldometers, maybe herd immunity worked for them after all.

Edited by PurpleTree

26 minutes ago, Consept said:

today deaths

Sweden 23

Austria  218

Swiss     107

Czechia   48

Belgium  100

Portugal 87

Hungary 157

Netherlands 75

according to worldometers, maybe the numbers reported by sweden are wrong but i don't think so

all those countries have a very similar sized population, although netherlands has a bigger one

Edited by PurpleTree

50 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

today deaths

Sweden 23

Austria  218

Swiss     107

Czechia   48

Belgium  100

Portugal 87

Hungary 157

Netherlands 75

according to worldometers, maybe the numbers reported by sweden are wrong but i don't think so

all those countries have a very similar sized population, although netherlands has a bigger one

@PurpleTree

It's difficult to compare countries anyway but a fairer comparison would be swedens direct neighbors ie Norway, Finland, Denmark. The countries you mentioned had massive issues stemming from their proximity to the covid hotpots in Europe like Italy and Spain. With Sweden their numbers stand out in comparison to their direct neighbors, some of which they have 10x more deaths than. 

10 minutes ago, Consept said:

@PurpleTree

It's difficult to compare countries anyway but a fairer comparison would be swedens direct neighbors ie Norway, Finland, Denmark. The countries you mentioned had massive issues stemming from their proximity to the covid hotpots in Europe like Italy and Spain. With Sweden their numbers stand out in comparison to their direct neighbors, some of which they have 10x more deaths than. 

Sweden is bigger and much closer to mainland Western Europe than Norway, Finland and Iceland though

it's also more international than those other countries, so maybe people from Wuhan, or Northern Italy were there earlier etc. than in those other countries and could have spread more. Who know's. I'll give you Denmark which has a very low death toll number according to worldometers and is mainland. Don't know anything about the situation there.

If we look at death count per million in Europe and we exclude countries with a pop below a million

then Sweden is at the 12th spot, soon  to be overtaken by Switzerland, Romania and Croatia

who knows man

Edited by PurpleTree

I see Belgium being mentioned. That's where I live. Belgium had 300 deaths / day for years now and it is still the same. The only thing that changed is the reason they die from officially. Most deaths from old age and flu get counted as Covid death without testing, because it is plausible they died from it (official statement, by the way). My uncle died from cancer in june, because his cancer wasn't treated in time due to Covid measures. Guess what's on his death certificate...

On 12/18/2020 at 6:50 AM, Keyhole said:

I would not.  They won't do it if you tell them.  If I see someone without before they get on the bus I ask if they want an extra one and that's it.

Yeah an ego backlash is the most likely result from this. Since America has somehow politicized a Virus, and not wearing a mask has somehow morphed into a low-iq political statement, I don't see another way to deal with this other than denying people not wearing a mask entry to public spaces, and by fining people who violate mask orders.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/