Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VeganAwake

No need to land anywhere

16 posts in this topic

Once you land or settle on a belief you become bound in a sense and are no longer free. Its not that you actually become bound, but the mind has a tendency to continue building upon this belief system, and before you know it, it turns into your own prison.

You then have to guard and defend this prison day in and day out.

The very thing that you thought would help, turns into a prison sentence.

Memoirs of an escapee ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

but the mind has a tendency to continue building upon this belief system, and before you know it, it turns into your own prison.

You then have to guard and defend this prison day in and day out.

The very thing that you thought would help, turns into a prison sentence.

?? additionally, biggest belief and prison is ‘me’. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

5 hours ago, James123 said:

?? additionally, biggest belief and prison is ‘me’. 

Yes it's definitely the first delusion which creates a snowball effect delusions.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

But it's also very easy to get trapped again. Letting go constantly by feeling what you are is the way i found but i continue to get sucked in it again very fast. 

Let’s rendezvous at the end of time and see if this theory stands ?

Freedom isn’t free ?

Gone

1 hour ago, BlackMaze said:

But it's also very easy to get trapped again. 

There are two main reasons why it's easy to get trapped again.(remember there's no one there to get trapped that's why it's called an illusion)

1) Habit

2) The sense of self was not clearly seen through to be nothing other than conditioned thought patterns identified with as the "ME" over and over again.

@VeganAwake but this noone is also something and get trapped by constructing a self. This attention goes into a maze by forgeting to look the maze from above. Yes it's a habit but to break this habit the ego must agree first. 

40 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

@VeganAwake but this noone is also something and get trapped by constructing a self. This attention goes into a maze by forgeting to look the maze from above. Yes it's a habit but to break this habit the ego must agree first. 

I use ego, sense of self and the "ME" interchangeably.

They are words pointing to the same illusion.

The ego, ME, or sense of self... or whatever word used, cannot conceive of its own unreality because that would be its death or disillusionment.

This illusion in a manner of speaking stays intact by identification AS it.

So in a sense the very act of trying to get rid of it, subtly confirms its reality.

So the first delusion of ME has to be seen through... after that everything else falls into place. ❤

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

@VeganAwake How do you realize the prison is not real?

By recognizing there isn't a "YOU" in which could be in an illusory prison.

What is the sense of me made out of? Like what specific perceptions take on this sense of self? 

15 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

By recognizing there isn't a "YOU" in which could be in an illusory prison.

Who is thinking the thoughts then? 

4 hours ago, Consilience said:

What is the sense of me made out of?

Habitual conditioned patterns of thought constantly perpetuating it's illusory existence.

Like what specific perceptions take on this sense of self? 

When there is identification as an individual within the body, all perceptions are identified as "MY" perceptions... of course this is actually a misidentification

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Who is thinking the thoughts then? 

No one, the thoughts just arise due to past conditioning and habitual patterns of identifying with them as 'MY' thoughts.