Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Is doing pickup with other people and coaches a game changer compared to doing solo

10 posts in this topic

I'm really struggling on how to make a decision. I just don't have enough exposure to the field.

I've got just enough money to sign up for an almost 6000 dollar pickup course, where there will be a pickup coach(not a famous one, but he seems solid) teaching you stuff every weekend. I have no idea how good the course is, or whether its worth it, but it seems good. Here is the pickup course. The cost for me is the price, if I do this course, I'll have almost no money to survive, I'll be living off less than 200 bucks a week. This is a problem because its stressful, wont have money beyond food and rent, but also because I'm super passionate about psyches at the moment and I wont have enough money to buy psyches. I'm also super interested in spiritual courses like reiki and other modalities, although I can do without these things.

My social skills is quite bad, and I've got autism. I can and have approached girls solo before, have gotten numbers and dates before through pickup, yet my skills are still lacking. The biggest issue I have is I'm quite weird and therefore have virtually no dress sense, and my mindset is just radically different to everyone elses. I don't see social cues the same way as others. Whats weird for others is normal for me, breaking social norms is what I do daily. Doing stuff, having out of the ordinary opinions and not being aware of common social rules sums me up pretty. I also have virtually no friends, especially into pickup (they are hard core Christians, older people or hard core hippies who arent into pickup because its too individualistic for them).

I dont have much fear problems, its really just the way I act. I've got almost no fear these days. I break social norms and dont sweat a thing. I've walked into clubs and bars alone doing awkward stuff or having bad dress sense, humiliated myself, and didnt even care. Just over caring about that shit after all the spiritual work that has been done.

The biggest thing I think this course could offer me is linking up with pickup friends(although if I work hard enough, I might be able to find some on social media groups and somehow orchestrate it myself). And also giving me a 3rd person perspective of how I seem when doing pickup, outlining everything I'm doing wrong. Lastly I think this pickup course could give me some tribal knowledge that you just can't get through text or video, if I watch other experts do shit I'll pick up on very non verbal, subtle cues that I can use myself. Just like how the energy and presence of a teacher teaches you stuff that cannot be said.

Especially when it comes to bars and clubs. I don't have any friends to go with to these things, and I am not afraid of doing it alone, infact thats a great social challenge for me, but I just feel like a huge fish out of water in these places. I dont understand them, dont get why people love them so much, dont resonate with the vibe, and I just feel like I need someone to show me how to be a normal human. I resonate and vibe lots more with hippy festivals and healing circles and events like that.

On the other hand, I am totally capable and willing to do pickup solo. And I'll save a tonne of money doing that. I've already bought a 1000 dollar pickup course, so its not like I haven't done that yet. And I'll be able to not stress and take psyches.

My motivation for pickup is deep intimacy. I just want to have a very very intimate, loving connection with someone. Its just a desire to care for someone. Sex is good, but its not something I'm desperate for, the caring and intimacy are much bigger driving factors. I dont have a desire to be a pickup god or be world class in getting women. Its really just a desire to explore the sexual and intimate aspect of the universe.

On one hand I'm thinking I've got an online course, am fearless enough to approach solo, and why not if I get to spend money on spiritual stuff. On the other hand, I'm concerned that I'm missing out on deal breaking growth by choosing not to have a 3rd person observer give me feedback, and to watch someone do it live.

TL;DR:

What are your stories about doing pickup solo vs with a coach and community? Was the coach and community a deal breaker, or you did well just by yourself?

I know it might be an area of your life you want to fix or improve on, but perhaps now with the pandemic in it's worst moments it isn't the time to be committing to such a course? On top of it pushing your finances to the edge as you mentioned, you might not even be able to get the most out of what you're paying. People are going out less, bars and clubs are closed in many places, and it's not as socially acceptable to get close to people in public.

I'd exercise some patience until summer my friend. Maybe just satisfy yourself the best you can with online dating right now, and meet people irl from those so you can arrange Covid friendly dates.

hrhrhtewgfegege

@electroBeam haha, but I don't think this is the right time to date lol.

Wait till you get that vaccine injected in your arm. Wait till the whole thing is dealt with. 

Wait bruh wait. :D:D. Just teasing you. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Lol thanks peeps, but im currently living in Australia where there's no covid :D

3 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Lol thanks peeps, but im currently living in Australia where there's no covid :D

Aww. You're a lucky Chad. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Jesus $6000 I love the dedication, but from my personal experience the biggest bang for my buck came from doing bootcamps a good bootcamp from a good teacher costs around $2000 but man does it skyrocket your results. Having people who studied game for years break down what you're doing wrong when talking to women, correcting your vibe, reading social cues, frame gives you a much deeper understanding on attraction.

Going out with experienced people to clubs, bars, ect  is one way to speed up your results, if money is an issue try looking at pick up groups near you and try to link up and go out with them but if it isn't pay the money and go out with a "professional" 

@electroBeam I learned it completely by myself I just went out a lot and did lots of approaches, eventually I made friends with some of well known coaches. You can generally learn by just being around them and seeing how they interact. I never paid for a single dime to learn it, not to say its not worth doing tho if you had the money 

@electroBeam

Check out John Anthony Lifestyle. 

He has a covid pickup course for only $100 !! 

I'm considering buying it soon, but I'm gonna look into the reviews a bit first

But his free videos are high value, so I doubt it's a scam.

19 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

@electroBeam

Check out John Anthony Lifestyle. 

He has a covid pickup course for only $100 !! 

I'm considering buying it soon, but I'm gonna look into the reviews a bit first

But his free videos are high value, so I doubt it's a scam.

Ive watched lots of videos by him and he seems legit. Leo also said somewhere that he is good but have rape accusations in the past. He is a little douchy and always rant against Tyler and Rsd in general.

22 hours ago, electroBeam said:

What are your stories about doing pickup solo vs with a coach and community? Was the coach and community a deal breaker, or you did well just by yourself?

I did one RSD bootcamp. While I did get a lot of practical experience that weekend, looking back I don't think it was worth it.

The best thing I ever did for my game was get a group of committed friends who were also into game. And then just approach relentlessly, day after day, for months on end.

I'm not saying there aren't benefits to getting a coach. Undoubtedly it has helped a lot of guys. It just wasn't my path. My path was me and a bunch of my friends all sucking and figuring it out together over time.

Also, when you have friends who are good at game, then you have a real solid foundation to start building a big social circle. That's when game really goes into easy mode.