levani

What are some important things to do in mid-20s

27 posts in this topic

I have seen the importance of videos of being a teenager and the advice for young people video, However the question still remains what are important things to do in mid 20s I am 26 and relatively financially stable and I do not need to worry about work right now. Forgetting about COVID - what would you recommend for me to do other than to find my life purpose obviously and to explore the world.

my daily routine looks like this: (with some procrastination here and there)

• meditation
  • yoga + grounding
  • life purpose course
  • breath work
  • violin/guitar
  • reading / researching / reading forums
  • swimming/hiit/mma
  • visualisation
Edited by levani

Fall in love. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

What do you wanna do? 

It's all good listening to what you 'should do' but, it's your life- what do YOU want to do?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 i don't even know what "I" am

my wants are not healthy atm, i am engulfed by greed, lamborghinis, supermodels, clubs, no drugs or anything like that.

I want all the things that i know won't make me happy - the latest ferrari, the minimalistic but sick looking house, the superhot shaman gf who has access to all samadhi states and jhanas, i want too much of this shit which is why my daily routine is filled with mostly non hedonistic stuff so I can raise my consciousness and hopefully see past this shit

i know what I really want deep down is just "being" but this isn't easy for my ego to realise bro, and my ego is huge and superficial atm

Build self esteem

Don't starve (if you're gonna starve create something from your standpoint)

Have a life purpose (changes everything) 

Fight for something - better than fighting everyone else for fighting for something / ending up in jail for not fighting for anything and instead going crazy on everything (being a fighter I think Leo mentioned this in his victim video)

Enjoy it :)

Edited by Megan Alecia

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

I’m 25 currently I’m focusing on studying for my future career, improving my diet,
I would also suggest to socialize and connect with people, I’m introverted in my personality so I had to work on this skill. Also I learn how to be more attractive and raise my game.
And of course it’s always nice to learn another language so my current goal will be Spanish.

Good luck buddy?

Who says the latest Lamborghini won't make you happy? It's just a believe you hold, without which you would have to admit you don't know what will make you happy. Why would a Lamborghini be out of the question? Especially if you have some sort of pull in that direction.

To dismiss something within you on the ground of some belief you picked up is bad strategy; you will never judge or manipulate your way into true transformation. Instead look into it, and be open to why you feel drawn towards all that stuff, but to do that you must first be as and where you are. Spoiler: it is you you'll find.

Also, if you don't mind sharing, may ask what you do for a living? Just curious. Best of luck.

@levani

You are already doing what you need to do - asking questions like these - "What are some important things to do in mid-20s?"

While there is no linear path, and each person's journey is different, by asking such questions, you will stumble upon something that is valuable, which you may end up incorporating in your life. Ask this question to yourself, others, and observe - see if it fits well with you and makes you happy. If it does, great - that is what you should be doing; and do this throughout your life, at every stage. 

There is no ideal answer to this question. 

@levani Why don't you do those things at the same time?

If you have materialistic desires, so be it. Put in the work to actually get those. However, do consciousness work at the same time too. Meditate, do yoga, do psychedelics, you name it.

@loub It’s pretty simple to know that.

It’s the understanding that the more things we have, doesn’t really fulfill us or make us happier. Maybe for a day or two.

We get used to every material possession we have. If you’re not lucky enough to achieve your goals and see that it didn’t really fulfill you. Rent a luxury car for a month and see how after a week u forget which car u are driving in.

@loub picked it up from Leo actually, he said material things may make me suicidal etc ofcourse i don't think it will be in the very extreme end it might

i'm in nightlife in London bro

@nistake that sounds good for now, might re buy my pc and start on fortnite again as well haha

19 hours ago, levani said:

@LfcCharlie4 i don't even know what "I" am

my wants are not healthy atm, i am engulfed by greed, lamborghinis, supermodels, clubs, no drugs or anything like that.

I want all the things that i know won't make me happy - the latest ferrari, the minimalistic but sick looking house, the superhot shaman gf who has access to all samadhi states and jhanas, i want too much of this shit which is why my daily routine is filled with mostly non hedonistic stuff so I can raise my consciousness and hopefully see past this shit

i know what I really want deep down is just "being" but this isn't easy for my ego to realise bro, and my ego is huge and superficial atm

It sounds like you're trying to "force" yourself to spiritual.

That won't work. Force is just implies more resistance and fragmentation.

You want to get your whole being in alignment.

Okay, so you want a lamborghini. So what? What's wrong with that? Why is that bad?

I had a phase where I was into everything you just listed as well.

What if you allowed yourself to have those things?

@aurum no forcing here bro

i am completely aware of force and resistance.

I have and had all of those things already, but i know they are all shallow and not minimalistic and just a waste of money, etc etc

9 minutes ago, levani said:

no forcing here bro

i am completely aware of force and resistance.

I'd take another look inside.

If you aren't forcing yourself, then why aren't those things already gone from your life? If you really had no resistance, they'd already be gone and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

But they obviously give you something. There is some sort of benefit you're getting from living that lifestyle, which is why you're struggling to give it up.

So just be honest. What good is coming from the nightclubs / lamborghinis etc? Even if it seems trivial.

Get as conscious as humanly possible. That should be your top priority.

meditation, yoga, self inquiry, psychedelics, contemplation, etc.

Make sure to practice socialization consciously as well to open your heart up, become more emotionally flexible and available, and develop great

people skills. Invest your time in quality relationships that help you grow and help you become more conscious and get closer to emotional mastery

through a messy process of conflict and repair.

A balance between both of these will lead to a very holistic and healthy development for you in body, mind, and spirit.

Figure out who you are as an individual as well.

What are your values down to the specifics?

What are you strengths and talents?

What are you passionate about? 

What makes you tick?

What is unique about how your personality and mind work compared to others?

Read tons of books of all kinds. 

There are books on spirituality, diet and nutrition, dating and relationships, how the opposite sex works, personality types, psychological developmental models, business, science and philosophy, career and life purpose, socialization etc.

Whatever your passions are there are there are guaranteed several people who have already done what you want to do successfully, become world 

class in that field, and written a book or made courses/ workshops on it online and in person. 

Read that stuff. Take those courses. That wisdom is priceless.

They had to fall into thousands of traps and problems in their learning process that you can just bypass because you are getting the cream of the 

crop wisdom.

18 minutes ago, levani said:

@aurum bro what are you talking about ?

O.o

Just think about it.

You do not just "randomly" want a lamborghini. There's a real payoff in your mind to having that.

What is it?

And be specific, don't just say "it's my ego".

For instance, maybe having a lamvorghini would make you feel like a fucking boss. Maybe people would respect you more. Maybe people would see you as someone to admire and who was successful in life. Maybe it would mean financial security. Maybe you think you need it in order to attract those supermodels.

Whatever your reason, find it. Those are just examples.

Once you've found the reason you want those things, then maybe you can begin letting it go. But you have to understand why you don't want to let it go in the first place and resolve that.

34 minutes ago, levani said:

@aurum bro what are you talking about ?

O.o

Lambos, nightclubs, supermodels. All of this is distraction.

You don't really want any of that. None of that will make you truly happy. All you really want is more consciousness. 

More consciousness will give you more fulfillment than all those things combined and 1000000x over. 

Pursue consciousness and a practical understanding of how your mind works as your highest priority.

The fundamental issue here is you are trying to operate in reality when you don't even understand the tools you are using to interact with it!

Mainstream society is in the dark ages when it comes to true happiness, fulfillment, and well being for living as a human being.

Life isn't about chasing money, sex, material luxury etc. Yes those things are useful and nice, but they won't be nearly 

enough to take you all the way to the fulfillment you desire deep down.

Edited by Byun Sean

@Byun Sean top reply bro, thank you thank you thank you.

@aurum okay, i see what you said in the previous post now, I have to understand why I don't want to let it go and then I have to understand why I want to learn go, took me a few minutes hahahahha, i'm gonna contemplate this for a few days, I think it's because I've received so much love so so so much love when I was a kid and that I kind of crave it now and my daughter because I don't get enough of it because of my ego because I am a superficial fuck and because I know I am good looking and all that neurotic shit So was just something I have to work through before to work through it I'm going to contemplate why I don't want to let it go and why I want to learn to go

@Byun Sean so what are the tools I'm using to operate in reality then ? my sensations ? emotions ? thoughts ? fears ? love ? is there a list or a guide/book ?

You see it's one thing to say those things but I have been so fucking conditioned by society friends family and all of these other fucking idiots With their TV adverts and etc that I don't even know how to begin unconditioning all of this, the only thing I can think of is to increase my consciousness aka awareness aka the now