Loving Radiance

Is it a thought that there are others?

43 posts in this topic

Is it a thought that I sense the being in others? Is it a projected thought?

I also know that I project love onto others, seeing love in them.

If being is (like) love, my reality is build on this. If so, how do I recognize the illusory nature of the projection?

Where do I go from here? What do I "do"?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

Your post is actually amazing because it's completely meaningless. I'm sure every one can give you completely different answers based on how they understand what you wrote supposed to mean. Which might give you an insight to your question based on what I understand.  There really is no you nor others here. There is just THIS and whatever you think about it. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Loving Radiance Getting into this nitty-gritty, I would take a step back, inquire and observe “what is a thought?”. I assumed I knew what thoughts until I spent time sitting with awareness and attention on “thoughts”.

@Loving Radiance you're welcome.

Also to lay aside the smart assery for a while. 

Let's take a look at direct experience. You as awareness shining through this particular body mind and look forward you see other people who appear to be self aware like you.  That's all. Experientially there is literally no one but you in the universe as a first person observer. Here it is!!  Others are appearance. Feel free to project what you want onto them but you can never know more than what appears. 

-Osho

On 12/15/2020 at 8:17 AM, Loving Radiance said:

If being is (like) love, my reality is build on this. If so, how do I recognize the illusory nature of the projection?

Yes, "others" is a thought.  The being you sense is really the same being everywhere.  The division and otherness is an illusion.

Give up the idea of other and just know there is only the Self (i.e. being).

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

On 12/15/2020 at 8:47 AM, Loving Radiance said:

@Someone here  Brilliant answer. :D Thank you.

Another perspective if you care. Trust the instinct that drove your question. His view is spun from self-dismissal millennial thought, and utterly lacks ancient wisdom. Likely he has never read the Bhagavad Gita, the bible, or any of the other ancient texts. All thought, no soul. It's impossible for him to love himself, or anyone else, because he sees everything as empty illusion. He has trapped himself in a conceptual puzzle with no way out, because his spiritual eyes are closed.

Your question is the path to your own insight. Realizing that we are all one is a good first step, but don't fail to understand the Atman.

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

12 hours ago, eputkonen said:

Give up the idea of other and just know there is only the Self (i.e. being).

Haha yeah, I am threatened by this. Beginning to deconstruct that resulted in hefty backlash lol. But coming back at it again.

11 hours ago, Moksha said:

Your question is the path to your own insight.

I realized that right after contemplating it in the feeling dimension.

11 hours ago, Moksha said:

don't fail to understand the Atman

Where can you point for getting to know Atman?

On 15.12.2020 at 4:55 PM, Mohammad said:

Good question. No answer!

No answer is the best answer ;)

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

There is no inner & outer. The ‘thought’ is not-two, though the implication or apparent content may be of separation. 

Unknow to Know. 

By no longer believing thoughts which appear to contextualize the true nature. ‘The devil is in the details’. (Figuratively)

Inspect the thoughts. Uncover Truth. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 hours ago, Moksha said:

His view is spun from drugs and millennial thought, and utterly lacks ancient wisdom. Likely he has never read the Bhagavad Gita, the bible, or any of the other ancient texts. All thought, no soul. It's impossible for him to love himself, or anyone else, because he sees everything as empty illusion. He has trapped himself in a conceptual puzzle with no way out, because his spiritual eyes are closed.

I guess you are talking about me here... You don't know me or what I have read obviously or whether "I love myself" . I don't take "drugs" also. I ask you politely to remove this nonsense. 

-Osho

"Most persons are so absorbed in the contemplation of the outside world that they are wholly oblivious to what is passing on within themselves." -  Nichola Tesla

"In oneself lies the whole world and if you know how to look and learn, the door is there and the key is in your hand. Nobody on earth can give you either the key or the door to open, except yourself."  Krishnamurti

”There is great love here for you”. Ester Hicks

You sense being in yourself you are that , that’s why you feel there are others , in your dreams your projecting the being into the characters but you are the whole  bubble anywhere you sense being is apart of you .  As for thoughts all you ever have known is thoughts your entire existence is just an idea , it’s a thought you had. 

2 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

Where can you point for getting to know Atman?

I read your other post, and again encourage you to trust your own insights. You referred to feeling the energy of yourself. Have you experienced this as Consciousness? Are you able to feel the Consciousness in others, not only through their eyes, but through their entire being?

There is no better instruction manual on Atman than the Bhagavad Gita (especially the translation and commentaries by Eknath Easwaran). Read it Consciously, and it will fill you with light.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

29 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I guess you are talking about me here... You don't know me or what I have read obviously or whether "I love myself" . I don't take "drugs" also. I ask you politely to remove this nonsense. 

It is a broader reference, not directed specifically at you. I removed the reference to drugs, if that doesn't inform your insights. I am addressing the general sentiment from some in this forum that there is no you, and by implication, that life is empty and nothing matters. I stayed silent on this out of not wanting to argue, but now I'm seeing people affected by it, and am choosing to speak up. People new here read limited knowledge like this, and lose any sense of hope or purpose in their lives. Some have left the forum because of it.

How is it possible to love yourself or any other self, when people only see that there is no self for them to love? How is there a place for love in a world where everything is an illusion? Where is the morality or meaning in this view? We are not only dream forms. We are also Atman. You are a child of God, and so am I. We are all the same God, expressing itself infinitely.

When you look at yourself in the mirror, what do you see? When you pass someone on the street, what do you see? When you contemplate a tree, what do you see? Are your spiritual eyes open enough to actually see the God that is in you, and in everything else?

The Mystery of God runs far deeper than some seem to understand. God is not only outside of the dream world, God is infused into the dream world. That is the meaning of Atman.

Nonduality is everything and every nothing. That is the wholeness and the holiness of God. That is why love matters.

@Moksha "truth doesn't care about your feelings ". If you don't like the truth that won't make it false.

When it's derived at.. from direct experience that there is no separate self.. That is nonduality. We are not saying there is no self.. We are saying there is no separate self. Because all is one. There is no self precisely because all is Self. And there is no other. Because there is no self. And that is Self. It's just one. 

And what the Self is honestly.. It's not this not that. For some reason I'm the only one here who realize that "Love" is just a word. Here it is.. L o v e. Four litters. That is what love is. From direct experience. On a relative more monkey mindish level.. Love is a human emotion. You love your mom. You love your kids. But you don't love to eat s*** on breakfast. The actual substance out of which reality is made is reality itself . It's not "love". Or any other word. It is what you are seeing it right now. Already. You don't need to label it. It didn't ask you to label it. It's already itself before we fight over what should we label it. Everything I'm saying is common sense yet for some reason I need to explain this over and over again. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

@Someone here

Do you notice when you went from nonduality to love there, you went from not two, to two?

Exactly who needs this explained ‘over & over again’?

Nothing you’re saying is common sense. 

15 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Do you notice when you went from nonduality to love there, you went from not two, to two?

Exactly who needs this explained ‘over & over again’?

Nothing you’re saying is common sense. 

Apparently Moksha need this explained. But also Moksha is no one. So no one need this. But if it's not two then that is not problem. 

Exactly can't run from not two to two because there is not two. So everything i said is again it and not it. Obviously. 

Also remember it's my common sense not yours..;)

Edited by Someone here

-Osho