arlin

Sociaty becoming polygamous?

26 posts in this topic

@AnnaWhite37 No, actually many "afraid" men settle for the first woman they meet because they are unconfident and have low standards. Then 5 10 years later comes the divorce and the mid life crisis. 

Polygamy is NOT the default for men. Perhaps it is for some / a lot of women, but most men chose polygamy due to a lack of options, status & confidence. I will not be one of those. 

Also it is affected by your personality type & other factors, so some people are more suited to polygamy, some aren't. 

Perhaps men are afraid of polygamy because, it's fucking obvious - divorce, regret, less freedom, lack of variety, boredom, choosing the wrong woman. 

Polygamy is too black and white concept also and is very stage blue. There are open relationships, ect.. many things in the middle.  

Judging, worrying, and trying to control how other people express their love and what kind of relationships they get into is a huge ego game, and an even bigger distraction from doing your own inner personal work.

If someone wants multiple partners and it's all consensual, good on them! If someone is happy spending their life with the first person they meet, good on them! If someone wants a same sex relationship, good on them!

Mind your own bloody business and work on your own happiness.

Maybe society is deteriorating from polygamy, who cares? Maybe it's the inevitable evolution of things, and the result of a free society expressing itself? Regardless it's completely out of your control, panicking and resisting reality will only lead to suffering.

Reality is literally perfect as it is and exactly as it should be. Accept it.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

I was questioning the idea of "Till Death Do Us Part"; or "I will love you forever"; or "friends forever".

I don't see how people can commit to marriage when the idea of staying with the person till death (or divorce) is on the table.  People change all the time as well as feelings.  There is no guarantee that the feelings felt at marriage will be the same later as well as the person you are and your partner.

I can see though that it is easier getting a commitment so it is one less thing to worry about as well as easier for the kids if there are any.

I can see that when the relationship is going well, the commitment can be easy no question.  When the relationship is rocky, the commitment may be one of the first things that may get questioned.

I can see that if the person is an essential part of your survival, it is easier and more likely for the relationship to last.  When they are no longer essential but an added bonus, it won't necessarily last.

I doubt it will become more polygamous.

Women are given more power and social standing in the workforce so chances of all the reverse happening (1 woman, multiple men at least a few cases) are more likely to occur. 

On 1/4/2021 at 3:31 AM, PepperBlossoms said:

I don't see how people can commit to marriage when the idea of staying with the person till death (or divorce) is on the table.  People change all the time as well as feelings.  There is no guarantee that the feelings felt at marriage will be the same later as well as the person you are and your partner.

@PepperBlossoms  I don't agree your point at all. the foundation of the high-quality relationship are NEVER based upon fleeting feelings or emotions. such couples are committed that they have lit a fire together and they will put firewood in it for the rest of the relationship. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 12/16/2020 at 2:40 AM, Someone here said:

Man ofcourse is polygamous. I mean males. You want to sleep with all the women in the universe that's your secret desire as a man. Eating the same lunch every day gets boring. Females just want that  perfect dream guy and they can't understand what does it mean to love two persons simultaneously. True love that is which is ofcourse is completely outside of the male paradigm. So they go against each other. So society will never be fully polygamous nor monogamous. 

Wouldn't it make sense as a high-value male to have many wives that share you? That seems like the best of both worlds for both parties. 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3