Striving for more

"Insomnia is curable for 75% of the sufferers"

18 posts in this topic

Article states "Insomnia is curable for 75% of the sufferers", it seems likely i'm in the 25%

Time to consider suicide 

@Raphael

It's an article. It may or may not be credible .... But I am of the strong opinion that I  am just fucked becasue I have no control over my inosmnia, which is 1 of the worst illnesses to have and makes life not worth living and impossible 

Even getting 5 hours most nights is still very ver bad > that alone is enough of a reason to die. I have so much desire to win at life, but life won't give me a chance. All these healthy bastards take it for granted, they are allowed to sleep 7 hours a night and they just watch tv Fucking bastards

I just smashed my room up and broke my stuff because I am so FUCKING ANGRY

I WANT IT TO FUCKING FUCKING GO MAN FUCK 

JUST GO AWAY

JUST FUCK OFF JUST GO 

I just broke loads of my shit 

What's the fucking point

STUCK 

it doesn't come every day sometimes it's 8 hours sleep then 7 hours then 5 hours then 7 then 5 hours 

But the 5 is wayyy too low for me 

5 hours and im angry as fuck tired as fuck like a zombie get nothing done

so I lose 1 to 2 3rds of my life at least 

Bro there is no harm in getting a short term prescription to get your shit back in the right place. Take some sleeping pills for a week. Get your energy back then start working on your health properly. Hire a naturopath or a functional doctor, actually invest some money and get to the bottom of this. Call your doctor and schedule an appointment. Don't do anything stupid !! Insomnia is totally curable. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Striving for more

I had sleep issues since I was a kid (maybe 5 or 6) and this is still an issue for me. This month have been pretty rough in terms of sleep quality, I'm trying to do some changes here.

From my perspective, all the basic tips (going to bed at regular hours, avoiding screens before sleep, eating healthy, exercising regularly, etc.) works to some extent. If you don't have these basics implemented, you should try to do it. I personally fucked up everything for at least the last 1-2 months which I think has a negative effect on my sleep quality.

However, sometimes even when I do that it doesn't work, my mind it just super agitated and doesn't want to shut down. I also recently noticed that how I spend my days have an influence on sleep: how much I spend time on social media, how much I multitask, what kind of information I consume, how fast I go through my days, how I handle stress, etc.

In the moments where you cannot sleep, it's important to slow down.

9 minutes ago, Striving for more said:

I really want to smash everything I own to pieces and kill myself 

I know how it feels.

You are frustrated. You are angry. You are tired as fuck. You look like a zombie, but still cannot sleep.

However, sleep is the total opposite of that. This is in these moments that you need to relax & let go. Just exhale again and again, it will maybe not make you sleep immediately, but it will progressively calm you. Being calm feels better than being angry, and being calm is the prerequisite to fall as sleep.

Let go of the need to sleep well, just calm down.

I didn't watched this episode, but it maybe contains valuable insights about sleep.

Is getting between 5-8 hours of sleep even considered insomnia? 5 is on the low side for sure, but 6 or 7 hours is fine for most people, that's usually where I'm at. I'd be more concerned about how angry and depressed you seem to be about it. If you weren't so mad about going to sleep maybe you'd sleep more easily? The vast majority of the time if I can't fall asleep it's because my mind is racing thinking about shit.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to eliminate as much caffeine from your diet as possible (if you haven't already). Even drinking coffee exclusively in the morning still alters your natural waking/sleeping cycle. Definitely affects certain people more than others though.

Also try meditating immediately before going to sleep. Personally I prefer to meditate in the morning, but that's precisely because if I meditate at night I'm more likely to nod off. But I've used that to my advantage before on nights when my mind is overly active.

Perhaps try some more gentle supplements. Melatonin for example. Some people find it doesn't do anything, but it works for some people. I've been experimenting with Kava recently and I've found that to be relaxing and a nice sleep booster. Could be worth a shot. I'm sure there are others. There are also many types of herbal teas that can function as sleep aids. Teas with ingredients like chamomile, valerian root, passionflower are good. The last liquid I have in the day is often in the form of one of these teas.

Cannabis at night always knocks me out cold. Not for everyone obviously (depending on the legal status, the thc/cbd amount, the ROA, your personal reaction to it, ect), but I'd go the cannabis route over sleeping pills any day.

Or just get sleeping pills. But be careful not to become dependent otherwise the insomnia could be exacerbated if you stop taking them.

Edited by eggopm3
forgot sentence

Don't believe dumb articles or statistics. You are not a statistic!

You must do deep research for solutions. Stop focusing on what isn't a solution. You must believe there is a solution.

Don't kill yourself. Try more solutions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Thanks everyone and I want to apologize for my toxic mindset. A part of me is ashamed wants to delete the toxic post but I am not going to because that would be dishonest 

I don't want to be a negative influence on this forum or encourage anger and negativity. 

You guys are right. Everything is solvable, I was being way too extreme. 

I am so grateful for this forum. Thank you for the encouragement and advice. I don't even deserve this. 

@Striving for more Eliminate caffeine or only drink it in the morning. I would suggest trying escitalopram after which I slept for like 13h every day, it will also ease your anger. Melatonin may also be helpful all tho it's pretty weak

GABA based sleeping pills will only worsen your insomnia long term, be very careful if you decide to use them

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Striving for more what makes you believe that you're having insomnia? What makes you believe that there is no cure?  Your past(your karma) 

You are not your past, you are not your karma, the power lies in present moment. Creation is happening in present moment. It's upto you to work in present moment or believe in past. 

Don't believe in dumb articles, don't believe in science..

If you really want to cure your insomnia, if that is the only thing you want in this life then it must happen. 

Change your diet, say goodbye to caffeine, and most importantly - be out in the sun as much as you can. Your hormones are in tune with the sunlight, and by staying indoors under artificial lights you disrupt them. It will take weeks or months, but if you eat and live naturally it'll go 100%. Those statistics are a pile of horse shit. ;)

Dude please don't do anything to harm yourself, trust me as a doctor that there are tons of things that you can do for your insomnia both in conventional medicine and tons of other practices that can really improve and maybe treat for good your insomnia. Statistics are often useful but need to be deeply understood and are easy to misinterpret, so don't rely your all life just on that.

Hey!

I really think you should look into hypnotherapy for this. Go to a professional if you can afford it. Especially if you're not having caffeine and have all the right sleep hygiene habits in place, then there's very likely subconscious blocks that need fixing from the core. 

I was actually considering going to a hypnotherapist in summer for my sleep... I didn't have extreme insomnia but defo had issues due to a night-time phobia lol. But I somehow managed to use LoA/tapping into my subconscious to improve my sleep and I can now fall asleep so quickly when it used to take me hours! 

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi