Lior

Who Are The Best People To Share The Mental Work With?

14 posts in this topic

Who are the best people to share the mental work with?

Looking around me, nobody interested in my stories about Leo lectures and their deep insights. The average person do not understand what I am talking about. Finding enlighten people who focus on self-work is extremely difficult.  

But I do feel that finding friends to the process is extremely important.

While the relevant community spread all over the world. What might be the best steps to find the relevant?

Who do you share you process with?

I only share it online on YouTube videos and this forum. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

I think that the gap between self help material and the ordinary person is incredibly far fetched. 

Most people are not visionaries, they cannot see the benefits of doing PD and I would assume that if you talk to some that aren't into PD about enlightenment or other advanced topics, you will risk ruining your relationship with them. So avoid that. I would even avoid talking about PD all together with people who are not into it. 

However,  if you know people who are into PD, then share your understandingd as they are probably familiar and able to get, i.e you can help them.

If they do not get it, let them be and focus on yourself :) 

Go take some yoga or meditation class to find likeminded people? Also find a local burn community; they often care much about radical authenticity.

I share my process with few good friends, even though they're not in it as I am. And then my parents are also interested in my thoughts and development if I really need to talk about it.

On 10/09/2016 at 8:38 PM, Lior said:

But I do feel that finding friends to the process is extremely important.

Why do you feel this?

Herein lies something that, itself, needs introspection on. Inner work can, and perhaps ought to, be done on your own. Other people only become a distraction, unless you are looking to learn from others. But then you need to find people at your level of growth.

I tend not to share my inner work with other people. Other than perhaps here on the forum. The danger of talking to others is that it can become a lengthy philosophical debate instead of genuine growth. Inner work is personal. It isn't a debate or a philosophy. It's about looking inwards and systematically repairing insecurities and fears, identifying motives, beliefs and values that are causing you problems. It's about reprogramming your own mind. Only you can do this and only with the right tools. People like Leo can provide the tools but only you can do the work. Exactly how can you do this work with other people, without it just becomming a distraction?

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

If you go deep into your life purpose, you will run into like-minded friends. The person will have to go through this process to actually understand it. There is a saying, "Friends are few," and this is why. Most ppl who are not into life purpose are not deep.

Enlightened people who focus on self-work don't exist. Those who do are not enlightened yet...

The best people to share the mental work with are those who are really interested in self-development, those who are looking for becoming something more.

I don't find in my life people to share my insights or problems with too. I do sometimes write online. I often try to share Leo's or some other's stuff with someone but for most they ignore me. 
I see the importance of sharing, consider and help each other on the many paths. I would really appreciate a commune for example where this is done; where free thinking is appreciated and cultivated, where life is taken seriously and playfully both, because in my opinion these two opposite are fundamental. Where also discussions are a common daily activity. And aloneness is respected. I would really love a place like this with people concentrated on their path towards higher functioning.
But hanging around and talking with people who understand and challenge us is not fundamental and thinking about it as something that must exist and that is not right that it doesn't exist is just self-victimising. It's weakness and it will bring nowhere. However I see the utility of it and I think a good way to meet intelligent people is to travel, preferring places where is more common to meet intelligent people or using websites that allows to meet people you kind of choose while traveling.

Edited by Andrea Marchetti

On 9/23/2016 at 11:14 AM, Andrea Marchetti said:

Enlightened people who focus on self-work don't exist. Those who do are not enlightened yet...

The best people to share the mental work with are those who are really interested in self-development, those who are looking for becoming something more.

I don't find in my life people to share my insights or problems with too. I do sometimes write online. I often try to share Leo's or some other's stuff with someone but for most they ignore me. 
I see the importance of sharing, consider and help each other on the many paths. I would really appreciate a commune for example where this is done; where free thinking is appreciated and cultivated, where life is taken seriously and playfully both, because in my opinion these two opposite are fundamental. Where also discussions are a common daily activity. And aloneness is respected. I would really love a place like this with people concentrated on their path towards higher functioning.
But hanging around and talking with people who understand and challenge us is not fundamental and thinking about it as something that must exist and that is not right that it doesn't exist is just self-victimising. It's weakness and it will bring nowhere. However I see the utility of it and I think a good way to meet intelligent people is to travel, preferring places where is more common to meet intelligent people or using websites that allows to meet people you kind of choose while traveling.

That's preposterous. If you aren't prepared, how can you help someone else. The Bible obviously states that the "sick need a doctor", not another sick person. But you said, "Enlightened people who focus on self-work don't exist." Perhaps you're right and the only thing that makes you right is that enlightenment isn't the thing people make such out to be. I think you can refer to John Flores who commented before me to understand that which I mean.

On 9/25/2016 at 0:11 AM, Gabriel David Gomez said:

That's preposterous. If you aren't prepared, how can you help someone else. The Bible obviously states that the "sick need a doctor", not another sick person.

it's not all black and white. There are not doctors and patients categories. There are people who are more healthy than others, and one who is a little more healthy can help the less healthy. If you take two people: one is almost unconscious but conscious and healthy about one thing, the other is very conscious but not about that thing... If the first person succeed in teaching the second about that thing it is going to be useful anyway.
I see the positive and negative side effects of both ways: one is that only people who are effectively enlightened can share, which is good in quality but bad in diversity. The other is that people share what they comprehend to each other, which has worst quality but better diversity. 
So don't look only at the Bible, that's only one kind of teaching, or many together, anyway very old. If you look, for example, how ancient greeks philosophers or how G. Gurdjieff was trying to increase awareness you'll see he was trying in the collective way. Which has dangers of course... As like the 'only enlightened ones teach' has..
Are you prepared to speak? Same thing applies to you... So I appreciate what Leo does, even if he might not be completely ready for it. But he is much more ready than most people, so to me is completely fine that he speaks anyway and I am grateful he does.

On 9/25/2016 at 0:11 AM, Gabriel David Gomez said:

But you said, "Enlightened people who focus on self-work don't exist." Perhaps you're right and the only thing that makes you right is that enlightenment isn't the thing people make such out to be. I think you can refer to John Flores who commented before me to understand that which I mean.

I don't know what 'people make such out to be'...
No, please if you'd like explain by yourself what you mean. To me, John Flores is sucked in the evil twin of enlightenment, which is a ego defence mechanism. And not only that...
I said 'enlightened people who focus on self-work doesn't exist' because they don't have a self to work with. They still have a self, or what Hinduism call Atman, but the work is done by itself. Consciousness can relax, focus just happens when necessary.

Edited by Andrea Marchetti

Contemplate: if you seek "enlightenment, that is an act of will which you hold. Therefore that is use of decision and proof of free will. Now, since you exist, obviously a self exists. However, if you classify self as other than you, you are merely treating yourself as a stranger which is contradictory because you are not other than you.

The whole "self" thing is you. But I bet as you read that you still read "self" as though that were not you. But you're wrong. The truth about people is that they are a combination of elements which respond according to that which you are subject to. Even your will responds according to its composition. Nothing impossible has ever happened. Therefore existence cannot contradict logic. 

Even imaginations are existent. They are merely a rearrangement of the things of existence. A unicorn is a mix of a horn, a horse, and the colors of the rainbow. Even concepts do the same thing with words. However, though someone can form the "intention" to do the impossible, that does not mean that intention will work. 

However, if you treat yourself paradoxically (considering yourself a stranger to yourself) you obviously are struggling against nature which does not favor paradoxes. Naturally your experience becomes hellish because you are trying to build a foundation the wrong way and nature is tearing it down with the use of gravity, wind, and so forth. That is why Paul the Apostle suggested building with truth.

consider this: if imaginations and concepts are real, how much more real is that which nature cannot contradict and runs on as a gear? Therefore truth is very real and by treating yourself with a lie you have not abided by that which will please you in the survival of the fittest.  

10 hours ago, Andrea Marchetti said:

it's not all black and white. There are not doctors and patients categories. There are people who are more healthy than others, and one who is a little more healthy can help the less healthy. If you take two people: one is almost unconscious but conscious and healthy about one thing, the other is very conscious but not about that thing... If the first person succeed in teaching the second about that thing it is going to be useful anyway.
I see the positive and negative side effects of both ways: one is that only people who are effectively enlightened can share, which is good in quality but bad in diversity. The other is that people share what they comprehend to each other, which has worst quality but better diversity. 
So don't look only at the Bible, that's only one kind of teaching, or many together, anyway very old. If you look, for example, how ancient greeks philosophers or how G. Gurdjieff was trying to increase awareness you'll see he was trying in the collective way. Which has dangers of course... As like the 'only enlightened ones teach' has..
Are you prepared to speak? Same thing applies to you... So I appreciate what Leo does, even if he might not be completely ready for it. But he is much more ready than most people, so to me is completely fine that he speaks anyway and I am grateful he does.

I don't know what 'people make such out to be'...
No, please if you'd like explain by yourself what you mean. To me, John Flores is sucked in the evil twin of enlightenment, which is a ego defence mechanism. And not only that...
I said 'enlightened people who focus on self-work doesn't exist' because they don't have a self to work with. They still have a self, or what The Hinduism call Atman, but the work is done by itself. Consciousness can relax, focus just happens when necessary.

Do you remember mentioning, "To me, John Flores is sucked in the evil twin of enlightenment."? Looks like you don't bode well with the truth. Did you recognize the answer had been in front of your face when you said, "I don't know what 'people make such out to be'...
No, please if you'd like explain by yourself what you mean."?

Edited by Gabriel David Gomez

My best friends which are both Indians are into this. I sometimes talk to them about it.

my stoner/psychonaut friends, they still think I'm mad though :D

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

I have very few people in my direct personal life to discuss these things with as well! I find most people can revel in ridiculous negative complaints about mundane shit for hours, but can't handle 5 min on PD. It actually offends them, that you want to discuss it, (as if it's directed at all of their personal neurosis and faults, like you have violated them by peering into the hidden recesses of their soul with the purpose of judgement...lol..). That's why this forum, and places you can meet likeminded people in person are so wonderful for us to explore!