TheSomeBody

does giving psycadelics to scientist is smart?

11 posts in this topic

should we give psycadelics to scientist? will it help them or just make most of them crazy or do nothing to them because they so inside of materials paradigm? what your thoughts about this idea?

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

Tons of scientists have tried psychedelics. Perhaps most of them, despite less than 10 percent of the general population reporting to have tried them. Scientists are more open minded than average, which is really not saying much.

I think it would be a good idea. Just my experiences with bad "trips" on weed as a teenager (Im sensitive) pushed me in the direction of idealism. So I think drugs are a good catalyst, the philosophical stoner is not just a myth. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

There is a chance for enlightment or madness.. But many prominent people are shocked by the experience, it turns them from atheist to believer in no time.

3 minutes ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

it turns them from atheist to believer in no time.

You got me right.

First, it's psychedelic.

Secondly, it won't do nothing.

They must know what they are going into.

Thirdly, many of them will still be deluded after psychedelics (or become even more deluded) and only a tiny fraction of them has the actual courage to put their professional life on the edge for Truth.

Sometimes it's better, if you stay ignorant ;)

On 10.11.2020 at 11:48 PM, PurpleTree said:

do you want to put it in their drinks?

why no? lol

On 11.11.2020 at 0:23 AM, Rilles said:

I think it would be a good idea. Just my experiences with bad "trips" on weed as a teenager (Im sensitive) pushed me in the direction of idealism. So I think drugs are a good catalyst, the philosophical stoner is not just a myth. 

kinda true, sometimes weed makes me think dumb stuff but usually is the process to get to the smart stuff

On 11.11.2020 at 0:27 AM, Arcangelo said:

I am kinda scientist. Yes it is smart.

what your domain?

On 11.11.2020 at 1:33 AM, Bulgarianspirit said:

There is a chance for enlightment or madness.. But many prominent people are shocked by the experience, it turns them from atheist to believer in no time.

i think there are levels, it is not just happenes

22 hours ago, Vittorio said:

First, it's psychedelic.

Secondly, it won't do nothing.

They must know what they are going into.

Thirdly, many of them will still be deluded after psychedelics (or become even more deluded) and only a tiny fraction of them has the actual courage to put their professional life on the edge for Truth.

Sometimes it's better, if you stay ignorant ;)

the question is if it will help most of them at least

2 hours ago, TheSomeBody said:

why no? lol

kinda true, sometimes weed makes me think dumb stuff but usually is the process to get to the smart stuff

what your domain?

i think there are levels, it is not just happenes

the question is if it will help most of them at least

The question is silly. There are milions of different scientists in the world and each one has a different degree of spiritual and personal development.

There is no one-fit-all-solution.

19 minutes ago, Vittorio said:

The question is silly. There are milions of different scientists in the world and each one has a different degree of spiritual and personal development.

There is no one-fit-all-solution.

why it is silly? psycadelics are making change in the brain , like psylocibin making people more open to new experience or making more brain connection that might helps them to intigrate their knowledge better.
i feel like people here thinks that the only think psycadelic does it spiritual or i meant to make them more spiritual, maybe i should post it in another topic? maybe self-actualization? 

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

For most of them, it wouldn't make any difference. They would just say it's a hallucination by the brain.

not all trips makes hallucination