Thewritersunion

Propaganda Mega-Thread

14 posts in this topic

Alright I keep on seeing propaganda on the Internet as a whole. Wether or not that’s conservative or Iranian or cia, I don’t care. 

If you have any views on why people make propaganda or any historic examples, please go ahead. 

[This thread is dedicated to debunking or collectively contemplating propaganda. Trolls begone.]

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

Here’s a list of propaganda outlets:

-CIA

-Blaze TV

-Prager U

-Steven Crowder 

-Infowars

-Rebel News

-Fox News

-Breitbart News

-OAN

-All of Banned Videos

-London Real

-The Daily Wire

29 minutes ago, Thewritersunion said:

-CIA

-Blaze TV

-Prager U

-Steven Crowder 

-Infowars

-Rebel News

-Fox News

-Breitbart News

-OAN

-All of Banned Videos

-London Real

-The Daily Wire

That was very useful information. 

I'll stay away from all of these. 

I might add a few more 

Tucker Carlson 

Alex Jones 

Ben Shapiro 

Al Jazeera 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

40 minutes ago, Thewritersunion said:

-CIA

-Blaze TV

-Prager U

-Steven Crowder 

-Infowars

-Rebel News

-Fox News

-Breitbart News

-OAN

-All of Banned Videos

-London Real

-The Daily Wire

You might as well add almost all media to the list.  First of all, I'm a Democrat, just want to get that out of the way before I trash them at this juncture in time.

For example, every sensational piece put out on Donald Trump around racism that I've looked into, has turned out to be a misrepresentation of the media, video's have been spliced edited or taken out of context.  I've only spent a few hours of my time to this little project of just looking into how truthful the sources I once listened to are true.  Some instances of Trumps response to the Corona virus have turned out to be false in terms of his response to it and some claims have been out right lies.  Generalizations of how he's been horrible for the economy or how he's doing nothing for the average man as well.  Again only a small amount of time I've wanted to look into this, but I'm almost batting 100% in terms of finding constant lies by left wing media (which from what I understand is the majority in power). 

Do I like Donald?  Not really, he seems brash, childish, has the body language of a bully at times, but again this is just my persception and it could very well be influenced from the years of believing hes the character ive been told he was through constant left wing media I held true.  He really could be a different guy who's outlandishly been misrepresented (wouldn't surprise me at this point based on the lies Ive uncovered on him).  Also wouldn't surprise me if the Dems did rig the election in some way to win (would not be the first time powers that be do anything they can to win).

So this is Propoganda in my opinion.  A constant influx of false narratives that sway the way a person or a collective see's an individual, a religion or a faith, a science or an aspect of life.  Only reason I can say I am a demarcate and want one in power is because of their general views on environment and overall they "seem" a hair more concerned about things that line up with my heart and feelings.

1 hour ago, Thewritersunion said:

Alright I keep on seeing propaganda on the Internet as a whole. Wether or not that’s conservative or Iranian or cia, I don’t care. 

If you have any views on why people make propaganda or any historic examples, please go ahead. 

[This thread is dedicated to debunking or collectively contemplating propaganda. Trolls begone.]

What's your definition of propaganda?

IMO probably almost all (or all) news outlets, reporters etc. are doing propaganda to some degree because distributed information is always a bit biased.

Even someone like Bernie Sanders (whom i like) if he talks great about Nordic European systems, countries etc. he probably wouldn't tell you about their problems a lot. He keeps certain info in and leaves certain info out to fit a certain a narrative

Now with some it's much more obvious (and also dangerous) than with others. So maybe we can agree that when a certain line is crossed we can really call it propaganda.

I think if you're watching news (and i'm not suggesting you necessarily need to or should) then it's good to also watch news from opposing viewpoints sometimes even if it's "propaganda"

Did a little bit of research on VeggieTales, the Christian kids show that teaches lessons about the Bible. Also I read a bit about Phil Vischer, its creator. I'm sure Europeans aren't as familiar with it but it was quite prevalent in America and was distributed to a lot of people. 

Here's a video of the story of Noah's Ark:

From some skimming of this video as well as my memory of watching this show, we have one conversation about why Noah is building the ark at 10:40. For the remaining 98%~~ of the video we have cute images and positive messaging around God's plan with none of the horrid implications that comes from him flooding the entire Earth. Even the conversation at 10:40 is pretty quick. 

Even though it's propaganda, I would not say that the author intended to be malicious or negatively impact society in the way that Breitbart or these other sites do. What I mean is that the creator has a much better heart and probably wanted to just see kids laugh while teaching what he thought was the truth.  In numerous other VeggieTales episodes, such as King George with the Ducky episode which teaches good moral lessons. These shows positively impacted many people in some ways while brainwashing them to the Biblical worldview as children --which comes with its own riplle effect.

Taking a look at Phil Vischer's last posts on Twitter is pretty encouraging despite the moral obfuscation that takes place in some of the VeggieTales episodes. It's a reminder that not all Christians seem to be in line with Trump (or at least his followers). This is just from brief research into the guy but it seems to be in line with reality -- that not all Christians are into Trump...which is an important reminder. 

Edited by Talinn

On 11/10/2020 at 9:45 AM, PurpleTree said:

What's your definition of propaganda?

This is the important question. Every news outlet is propaganda in the sense that it has bias in some way, as @PurpleTree elaborated a bit on, the choice of what you decide to report on or not has implications. I still believe that the list from @Thewritersunion is useful because those outlets are known to just lie and spread misinformation.

@Marxwa Sright Anything that doesn’t foster open mindedness and evolution in its media is propaganda imho

On 10/11/2020 at 10:45 PM, Preety_India said:

Al Jazeera

I don't get this one Preetz!

Why?

I have found their reports unbiased mostly.

13 minutes ago, ajai said:

I don't get this one Preetz!

Why?

I have found their reports unbiased mostly.

Haha. xD

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.