Gneh Onebar

Ramaji and Ananda Devi voting for Trump!?

114 posts in this topic

Don't forget that Zen monks supported fascist and militaristic Japan in WWII, fully rationalizing it as good and necessary.

Don't forget that most of Germany's great scientists and intellectuals supported the Nazi regime, fully rationalizing it as good and necessary.

Einstein was one notable exception.

Don't forget that the Spanish Inquisition was run by the holiest of men at the time.

Even Sadhguru supports stuff like Hindu nationalism.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura In India, Blue is necessary to bring the country together. Without strong Blue, Orange cannot emerge.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

We've demonised the Nazis as sort of a cultural norm. Its just indoctrinated into us to hate the nazis and to view that time in history as evil... not because we are thinking for ourselves and have deduced its evil, but because society has indoctrinated us into the idea that nazism is evil.

Lots of people who agree that hitler was an asshole and that nazis are bad, actually have a nazi mindset. It takes a nazi mindset to vote for trump. Even though a lot (definitely not most lol) of trump supporters agree that nazis are evil. 

Also people with nazi mindsets are not evil, or bad. They are a lot of our parents. They just have a less expansive view of the world, that's it. Cave man mindset, animal mindset is waaay more evil then a nazi mindset. At least nazis cooperate with each other and care about their nazi tribe/country. Animals are even too evil to care about that. 

33 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura In India, Blue is necessary to bring the country together. Without strong Blue, Orange cannot emerge.

Perhaps so, but there are toxic versions of Blue in India to be mindful of.

@How to be wise no we don't need blue. Maybe healthy blue in a certain proportion but most of the Blue in India is unhealthy blue and very old generation type traditional authoritarian blue with no respect for modernism and a disdain for progressivism. 

Even people Falling in love is looked down in India. How backward can a country be in comparison to the world? 

All the spiritual teachers in India say big big platitudes about spiritual growth and what not, yet the society still thinks in old ways (often patriarchal chauvinistic misogynistic ways) and that needs to change. 

Many of these people might vote for Trump because they are so enmeshed in their old beliefs that are not helpful for growth. 

They can't even understand that God is love and love is God.

They follow a system of rules lacking real empathy but full of nice sounding spiritual platitudes. Enough of that. 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is so true. Totally agree with this and I'm sometimes fed up with the toxic blue in my country. I wish my country was more Green but that might take 100s of years. Maybe if America goes full Green other countries will at least copy America like they have always been doing. 

For example, the metoo movement was copied in India for some time and there was great outrage, it couldn't last long and was squashed by the public. 

It will take decades to up root the deep misogynistic fascist chauvinistic patriarchal mindset in India. Don't even know if it will ever happen because it's so deep. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 hours ago, How to be wise said:

This is what comes to my mind. Many of these enlightened so called masters in india who are into Hinduism and Buddhism but they don't even understand the meaning of love. 

I don't consider enlightened. They are slightly better than the rest because they tend to know certain truths. But the highest truth is love. 

In my opinion spirituality is a direct experience. Not just sitting somewhere and meditating. 

And I hate the lecturing type of Indian gurus who act like they know it all and know better than everyone. I don't see it as humility or understanding but ego gratification by use of spiritual language and lifestyle. 

There is a time honored tradition in India and many other Asian countries that anyone who is revered as spiritual or Holy especially if he is a male, is automatically put on a pedestal and blindly worshipped by millions of the population almost likening the person to a God status. I hate such crap because that person is just human. 

In fact these so called spiritualists and meditators also meddle into mainstream politics just like Stage Blue Christians interfere in politics in America and people there simply favor a candidate because of his religious affiliation, example Ted Cruz (Republicans always have been riding high on religion in America) 

I don't believe in such nonsense. 

A sane normal individual on the street with love and humility in his heart is a 1000 times better than a Meditator who does not understand basic reality. 

Maybe Indians can learn a lot from the passage in Corinthians. 

Paul said to Corinthians

. If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. ... If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,but have not love, I gain nothing.

"If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."

On 11/3/2020 at 7:52 AM, Leo Gura said:

I have a cautionary tale for ya: All those Buddhists who spent 30 years+ meditating and who call themselves enlightened, but do not understand what God or Love is.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The Dalai Lama frequently talks about love and compassion.

“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”

“Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.”
---  Dalai Lama

True love is born from understanding.
-- Buddha

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@Jodistrict  you don't live in India. You wouldn't know how it works here when it comes to the spiritual masters and politics. Those are all hollow words. I don't know much about the Dalai since he has not much to do with our political scene although he lives very close.

But I'm talking about Indian gurus. Some of them act like Republicans. 

47 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Jodistrict  you don't live in India. You wouldn't know how it works here when it comes to the spiritual masters and politics. Those are all hollow words. I don't know much about the Dalai since he has not much to do with our political scene although he lives very close.

But I'm talking about Indian gurus. Some of them act like Republicans. 

I agree with that.  Finding the real deal anywhere is like looking for a needle in a haystack.  It is too easy to mimic the words and behavior. But any true path has to lead to love.

Where does the love come in  -  Shinzen  Young.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

i found it interesting because in a podcast he said he made it an effort to have 0% influence by his culture. but i see a decent amount of influence... maybe partly why people from india resonate with him - because they reflect some of his values im guessing. 

Edited by Jacob Morres

24 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

he said he made it an effort to have 0% influence by his culture.

Lol

He's totally wrapped up in Hindu culture, acting as though Hindus discovered God. It's self-biased nonsense.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

He's totally wrapped up in Hindu culture, acting as though Hindus discovered God. It's self-biased nonsense.

True. He is too biased. 

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

WHAT!

How can you be so sure of that?

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

but there are toxic versions of Blue in India to be mindful of.

Well that's cent percent true, ?

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

I don't know much about the Dalai since he has not much to do with our political scene although he lives very close.

He woulda started his own Political activities way back, but Government Of India made it very clear to him, to not propagate any sort of Political Ideology soon while he was seeking asylum in India after he fled Tibet and reached Assam in 1959.

41 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

i found it interesting because in a podcast he said he made it an effort to have 0% influence by his culture. but i see a decent amount of influence...

You heard it wrong!

And afterall there's a world of difference between Hindu Nationalism and Hindu Culture.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

acting as though Hindus discovered God. It's self-biased nonsense.

You have mis-understood him Sir!

45 minutes ago, Jacob Morres said:

because they reflect some of his values im guessing. 

Just don't GUESS anything out of thin air.

9 minutes ago, ajai said:

WHAT!

How can you be so sure of that?

He's very friendly with Modi and Sadhguru has talked about Hindu nationalism openly in a positive way.

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

Most Hindus act like they have discovered God. Nothing new. They act like they have some kind of a religious and spiritual authority in the world. It's BS. 

That's why I left Hinduism. 

6 minutes ago, Keyhole said:

Makes sense.  They used their techniques on a very young autistic child to "cure" him of the "ailment" via request of the parents.  People like that would vote for Trump.

Exactly. This

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He's very friendly with Modi and Sadhguru has talked about Hindu nationalism openly in a positive way.

Most spiritual gurus in India are very friendly with Modi who is a tyrant type of nationalist just like Trump. Says a lot about their spirituality. 

They are what they are but people like to see them as saints. It's all about spiritual ego gloating 

Edited by Preety_India

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Modi who is a tyrant type of nationalist just like Trump.

Narendra Modi is not A Tyrant and not like Trump, yes he's a Chauvinist.

13 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

That's why I left Hinduism.

What is Hinduism?

4 minutes ago, ajai said:

Narendra Modi is not A Tyrant

Biggest lie. But I'm not going to waste my time in arguments. People who are more conscious understand what Modi is all about. 

@Preety_India Patience. India is growing.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie