Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrewNows

How do you view a “conspiracy theorist”? Why?

15 posts in this topic

Having just been reinstated access to participate on the forum, I may be going out on a limb here in my first thread back sharing this inside look example of someone explaining what it means to them to be a conspiracy theorist. To me, this work is about expanding awareness, not to get lost in the mind’s rabbit holes, so don’t be so quick to judge. Even avoidance of potential dangers in conspiracies seemingly off the beaten path will result in traps of self deception, black mirroring, disassociation and disconnection. No-one is immune, How much responsibility have you taken for your worldviews? How accepting are you of others? There are many dimensions or layers to awareness, which ones suit you now?

This is a rather short video, my apologies if it’s somehow unsuitable for the purpose of this work, it’s another perspective, well delivered, not meant to be an attack on anyone. I share as I feel there’s value here for those who are genuinely curious

the illusion is separation/division. 

3BC7062E-2803-4D17-8C2F-63B1F8B04CE4.jpeg

A0DDF3F6-AABB-4952-89BB-10E2E72D7DEF.jpeg

I don't think there's "A conspiracy theorist"

i don't put people into the same box if they believe in

"flat earth" "powers that be want to move away from cash, for more control" "9/11 was somewhat of an inside job or exploited etc." "reptilians rule the world" "jews rule the world etc." 

all those are totally different things.

There will be some who try to connect the dots  to make sense of what's going on by exploring a conspiracy theory. And there will also be many others who use conspiracy theories to feed their ego some drama. Personally, I stay open to any possibility, but I also realize how tricky the mind can be, esp when it comes to group beliefs/crowd mentalities. Perhaps, matching the mind stuff against direct experience would be a good way to stay rooted in reality. And learning to  live life at hand without the fear of the unknown.

53 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I think conspiracy theorists are wrong about all of their crazy beliefs. Sure, maybe 1 conspiracy theory could be true, but that's a small possibility.

My mother is a conspiracy theorist. She pretty much believes in every conspiracy theory which she hears of. Just tell her anything and she will immediately believe it. And then she's always talking to me about her insane beliefs, and kind of trying to convince me that they are true.

I agree with Leo that it's a disease of the mind. It's sad, weird and scary how people can believe in such stuff. The human mind can really break, it's not pretty :(

Also i'm sorry to hear that, that must be tough if it's your mom

@DrewNows The extreme conspiracy theorists are right that their life is a lie, and that everything is a false reality. But not for the reason they think. It's not because of 9/11 or globalist pedophiles.

Perhaps some of the conspiracy theorists are seeing something somewhat genuine in how things are a lie, but they've projected it outward for whatever reason. When it's actually inwards about the ego. 

There is but one conspiracy I care about. The mass human "conspiracy" of trying to remain asleep to one's true nature and the truth. We walk around in the dream-state, distracting ourselves from spirituality and existential realities till the moment we are on our death beds and regret we didn't see it sooner. 

----

Need it be said, some conspiracy theories could be true. The question is what's your relation to that knowledge, and what's the reason for your engagement in it. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

The sad part is that there are massive conspiracies that are happening in plain sight.

* The fossil fuel lobby in politics suppressing clean energy and poisoning the ecosystem

* The endless sins of the 'too big to fail' banking sector

* Privately owned mainstream media pushing the personal agenda of the owners (Rupert Murdoch has personally dictated the outcomes of many elections around the world) 

* The 'brain hacking' algorithm of social media causing social unrest and radicalising millions

* The opioid epidemic that killed tens of thousands of US citizens was engineered by Richard Sackler, who personally profited billions

But we can't talk about these issues because they involve mere mainstream knowledge, do not invoke a sense of mystical exclusivity or secret cults. 

MK ultra was a very popular conspiracy theory that got proven to be true. 

I would agree with @lmfao "Need it be said, some conspiracy theories could be true. The question is what's your relation to that knowledge, and what's the reason for your engagement in it. "

3 minutes ago, eman said:

MK ultra was a very popular conspiracy theory that got proven to be true. 

I would agree with @lmfao "Need it be said, some conspiracy theories could be true. The question is what's your relation to that knowledge, and what's the reason for your engagement in it. "

Some are obviously true. But still just keep it light and don't become this guy. 

57 minutes ago, Dryas said:

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Because you can never really know the truth anyway if you weren't present when it happened. And even if you were present, your eyes and memory could deceive you.

@lmfao be careful conflating the relative truths with absolute truth. Do you admit your world view is also a conspiracy theory built upon knowledge that's generally accepted/normalized? You seem to be assuming things here because you really don't know. Science is constantly changing, but I am here as my own scientist, choosing what information is valuable and what no longer is for my own reality. Everything started to change once I took on a new perspective, involving energy, frequency, and vibration as the fabric of everything. Once I started questioning my own presumed limitations as a human being, there was indeed massive shifts in perspective requiring answers not generally accepted. The process of raising up the spiral is about contraction-expansion, unlearning and relearning. Step one is know thyself, step two is figure out what's true externally, this leads into new territory, aka conspiracies. There's no accident for why they are around, and why they have become so popularized this year. There are many faucets to spiritual awakening, deeper truths revealing much more than most would dare entertain for themselves and in their own power. 

2 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I agree with Leo that it's a disease of the mind. It's sad, weird and scary how people can believe in such stuff. The human mind can really break, it's not pretty :(

We hold the key to our own created prison. Some would say the mind breaking is an awakening, in a sense, realizing I am not the mind. Often we feel threatened by information that doesn't resonate, so it's written off rather than inspected and 'figured out'. I would say there's both an inward and outward awakening, usually most would have an inward one, then continue to integrate and have outward "insights" 

1 hour ago, Natasha said:

There will be some who try to connect the dots  to make sense of what's going on by exploring a conspiracy theory. And there will also be many others who use conspiracy theories to feed their ego some drama. Personally, I stay open to any possibility, but I also realize how tricky the mind can be, esp when it comes to group beliefs/crowd mentalities. Perhaps, matching the mind stuff against direct experience would be a good way to stay rooted in reality. And learning to  live life at hand without the fear of the unknown.

oh yes. living life in the unknown opens up so many doors, new realities, possibilities, potentials. 

Generally speaking, I feel threatened by what I cannot relate to, it's a natural ego, survival, response. To move beyond survival/fear, means there will be room to recontexualize what is being perceived. Stepping into one's True Self, Love, allows for expansion in different directions where walls used to be there to protect the personal matrix. How else is one to be open to new ideas, modalities, paradigms, and relatable truths. To take back power, connect with the entire body and use all senses to enter new perspectives, utilizing the breath to reestablish source awareness. It's basically present moment learning...

MY PERSONAL TAKE:

IMHO, I think most conspiracy theorists have some type of void in their life and they tend to look for deeper meanings in things that don't really need them.  Sometimes, life may be just as simple as something seen on the surface, and digging for answers or "truth" that goes against the original happening in question--is just looking for a different meaning to undermine whatever the "target" of the original topic was.

A lot of people out there who are just enjoying and living their life in duality or not--don't really care who's doing what and what the "truth" could be.

Though, an argument against this could be said about spirituality and enlightenment, but these are things that can be empirically dissected in the present moment, so it wouldn't be the same thing.  Sure, the pointers and metaphors pointing to the truth of life/enlightenment is BS but that needs to happen within "reality" for someone to actually "get" (ie: out) it.  

1 hour ago, hoodrow trillson said:

MY PERSONAL TAKE:

IMHO, I think most conspiracy theorists have some type of void in their life and they tend to look for deeper meanings in things that don't really need them.  Sometimes, life may be just as simple as something seen on the surface, and digging for answers or "truth" that goes against the original happening in question--is just looking for a different meaning to undermine whatever the "target" of the original topic was.

A lot of people out there who are just enjoying and living their life in duality or not--don't really care who's doing what and what the "truth" could be.

Though, an argument against this could be said about spirituality and enlightenment, but these are things that can be empirically dissected in the present moment, so it wouldn't be the same thing.  Sure, the pointers and metaphors pointing to the truth of life/enlightenment is BS but that needs to happen within "reality" for someone to actually "get" (ie: out) it.  

Some people are also just a lot "deeper" than others.

Some people write deep books which people still read and cherish after hundreds of years

Some ponder about existence and reality, what it means to be a human etc. while others just enjoy watching sports and drinking beers.

Not saying i'm the "deep" kind either btw. also not saying one is necessarily better than the other.

@DrewNows I'm still openminded to conspiracies.

When I was younger I used to be into conspiracy theories a lot. 9/11 being a false flag (which I currently don't think about very much or have an opinion), New World Order. The eye of the illuminati being subconscious programming for the return of Dajjal, the anti christ who will be a person with only one eye, or the eye representing mass surveillance, etc... 

What conspiratorial thinking I still have can be appealed to in terms of health, but also money interests of the elite. So health, fluoride in water, radiation from technology, microwaves, etc. Or for money interests of the elite, "cowspiracy", politics, oil, etc.

The unifying theme of a lot of conspiracy theories is the illuminati, new world order. However, I see the happenings of the world as the acts of individual and collective units. Some units hate each other, like each other, the relation to other units changing as a function of time, etc. I don't think there's a secret cabal which rules the world from the shadows. 

But would a bunch of rich people behind the scenes be making lots of schemes and etc? Probably, I'm sure they do. But I'm sure some rich people hate other rich people,and they're at war with each other.  I see it as human nature, greed, nothing which is apocalyptic or satanic. 

The accusation and topic of pedophilia is often levied by many extreme conspiracy theorists. And that's because nothing pushes on people's emotional buttons more than pedophilia. 

Overall though, conspiracy theories aren't something I think about. Iirc, you posted stuff about coronavirus conspiracy theories in the past. Which to me, all that stuff is nonsense. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@DrewNows You're just itching for ban, huh?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.